• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vonage: Reviews & Opinions Wanted!

In summary, Vonage is a digital phone service that is cheaper than some of the traditional phone companies. It includes everything, and has a great 911 service.
heather223
Gold Member
I was wondering if anyone on here uses Vonage? Do you like it? Dislike it? I was thinking of switching and was just wondering. Thanks for the help. :chef:

My cousins have it but they are stationed in Japan so thats the only reason they have it. They do like it but i have heard that the prices aren't comparable to cable companys who offer the triple play package ( phone, cable, and internet).

Kodeysmom said:
My cousins have it but they are stationed in Japan so thats the only reason they have it. They do like it but i have heard that the prices aren't comparable to cable companys who offer the triple play package ( phone, cable, and internet).

I have digital phone from Time Warner now and Voange would be cheaper for me. I have had serious issues with TW and just don't care to deal with them anymore. I have called 5 times to get my name and # to come up on others caller id right and they still haven't fixed it. :mad:

We LOVE Vonage! For us it is cheaper than any of the competitors prices - and it includes EVERYTHING! Nothing is optional or extra.

The only cable we can get here is Comcast (don't know about other parts of the country, but here, only one cable provider can be in a certain area - this area is Comcast - on the lakeshore, it's only Charter....), and if we signed up for their Triple Play, we would pay $10 more a month than we are paying now - plus, after a year, that price would increase.

So - we have basic cable ($13), High Speed Internet ($45), and Vonage ($25). With taxes and fees, it runs just a little over $90 a month. the Comcast Triple Play is $99 a month. Now, it does include a higher level of cable service with that - but we don't need or want that.

The one issue with Vonage is that if Internet Service is down, then so is your phone. However - they have a great service where if that happens, you record a cell phone # with them, and all calls will automatically be forwarded to that # if internet service is interrupted.

It has been wonderful for my business - Alot of the calls I have to make are long distance - and now I can make them anytime of the day without worrying about cost, or if I am going over on my minutes......LOVE VONAGE!:love: :love:

I've got a similar service that works basically the same way as Vonage. I was happier with our previous provider, but they went bankrupt and folded. We've been happy with the service, and the bill is much easier to take than the traditional phone company. One thing we like is the discount for pre-paying a year. Then we have no monthly bill, and it's even less per month (when you divide it out).

I have voange for about a year and LOVE it!!! I cant' believe how much I used to pay for phone service. Vonage has all the usual features like *69, caller id call waiting and such, and they have a newer feature called Vonage Access.

Vonage Access
Everyone can experience Vonage Savings!

Vonage wants everyone to experience the great savings – even if they're not a Vonage customer! With Vonage Access you - or anyone - can make calls to any Vonage phone just like it's a local call. Say your sister in Indiana calls you every day using her old landline. Just look up a local Vonage Access number and let her call you for the price of a local call!

Make calls to any Vonage number or toll-free number and be charged for a local call, even when placing International calls or dialing long-distance. Reach out from almost anywhere in the US, UK, Canada, France, Mexico and Spain.

Only Vonage gives you the control you want – without the cost.

Easy to Use

Find a local Vonage Access number*. (Use the "Find a Vonage Access number" tool below.)
Dial your local Vonage Access number, wait for the prompt the enter the Vonage number you want to connect to.
Enjoy the conversation, for the price of a local call.

I do not get solicitation calls, like my friend with Comcast.... and I have been able to call anywhere! I have sent faxes without any trouble. I like how I have a digital log of all my incoming and outgoign calls that I can serach through in case I need to see when a conversation took place.

If someone leaves a voice mail I recieve an email. We have enhanced 911 here, so it works with that too. I have it set up to go to my cell phone in case service is down, but that's only happened once in the last year!

If you decide to sign up, I'd love to send you a referral email so that I can get a free month of two~ just send me your email address.

Thanks!

We have a Vonage business line and really love it. The only issues with it are sometimes our voice mail comes in late... and it seems to 'take out' our router every now and again. Less though recently after we had a talk with them. Now we pay more for ours since it is a business line but for 2 lines that are connected (ours and our associates - it's so cool... two separate offices sharing the same line, essentially) and an 800# for like $84/month. When you compare that to other business lines it's a savings... we'd save even more for residential rates but we like the business package. We still have a landline in the house since if we have no electricity, we'd have no phone so it's essential for reporting power outages and in the case of an emergency... not sure that I'd trust any VoIP phone 100%.

I really like the idea that I could get an email when I have a voicemail. I swear I forget to check it all the time. :chef:

heather223 said:
I really like the idea that I could get an email when I have a voicemail. I swear I forget to check it all the time. :chef:

It's also good for tracking when you get phone calls. Sometimes people will tell me they've called "Didn't you get my message?" - and I can go back and check and see if they really have, and when.

We have a similar service through My People and have been happy with it. We started with Vonage, but had to cancel our service immediately. Our problem with them is that we live in Western Maryland (over 2 hours from Baltimore) and they had assured us we could get a local number, however, when they sent us the package with phone number, guess what our "local" phone number was - a Baltimore number.

Anyway, we like My People and it runs about the same price, maybe even a little cheaper, than Vonage and has all the same features.

Hope this helps!

We had it and cancelled it. The reason being was because a lot of the time we'd get an echo from whomever we were talking with. And we had A LOT of problems with billing. Anytime we'd call them they would echo like crazy too. So, we went back to basic phone!

JillianAnthony said:
We had it and cancelled it. The reason being was because a lot of the time we'd get an echo from whomever we were talking with. And we had A LOT of problems with billing. Anytime we'd call them they would echo like crazy too. So, we went back to basic phone!
As for the echo, my techie husband found that when we upgraded our phone to a certain mhz the echo stopped and we didn't have any more trouble with it. Now, what the mhz is, I couldn't tell ya! :D

I signed up, I can't wait for the service to change. Thanks for all the information everyone! :chef:

I've had Vonage for the past 2 years. Really, the only thing I don't like is, when I call someone, only my phone number shows up on their caller ID, not my name (unless they have changed that recently). If for any reason my cable internet goes out, my phone calls get routed to my cell phone.

What is Vonage?

Vonage is a telecommunications company that offers VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) services, allowing users to make phone calls over the internet instead of traditional phone lines.

How does Vonage work?

Vonage uses a technology called Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) to convert voice signals into digital data, which is then transmitted over the internet to the recipient's device. This allows for phone calls to be made and received using an internet connection instead of a traditional phone line.

What are the benefits of using Vonage?

Vonage offers a variety of benefits, including lower monthly costs, unlimited calling to certain countries, and the ability to use your existing phone number. It also offers features such as voicemail, call waiting, and caller ID.

What are some common complaints about Vonage?

Some common complaints about Vonage include dropped calls, poor call quality, and difficulty with set up and installation. Some users have also reported issues with customer service and billing.

Is Vonage a reliable service?

Vonage is generally considered a reliable service, but like any telecommunications company, it may experience occasional outages or technical issues. It is important to have a stable internet connection for the best experience with Vonage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AmyjonesPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
SusanBP0129
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • naekelsey