• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Fundraiser: Grilling for a Cause with Volunteer Firefighters

In summary, the organizer is looking for something attention-getting and inexpensive to do as a fundraiser for the fire department. They are considering doing a hot dog and hamburger cook-off with salsa as the dip. They are also considering doing a press release, but it is always a risk. They suggest focusing on the fire department and not PC in the release.
RitaKey
Okay cheffers I need some help on this one. Any ideas of something I can prepare for a cooking show held in a park for a small town to raise $ for the Fire Dept?
It is going to have to be attention getting and inexpensive.
The gal organizing it wants to do hot dogs and hamburgers on a grill and sell, I am afraid families will come for cheap dinner and then not buy any PC products.

Any ideas?

The fire dept wants to have an ad ran in the paper, instead of invites and fliers. I can do a press release but that is never a guarantee. I have done multiple types of fund raisers for our community college and have never gotten the press release in.
Love to hear any ideas anyone has.
Thanks

If you focus on the Fire Department and not PC on the press release you'll have more luck having in be run. I'm in a small area and on our FD and they will run press releases for the FDs without problems.

As far as inexpensive, I'd do a demo with the salsa you can feed a lot with salsa and chips. You could also make southwestern seasoning into the dip.

Also ask the FD if they want you to sell as in a fundraiser or if you could also let people order PC products for their kitchen. Most small FDs just have cheap tools in their little kitchens and it is nice for volunteers to have decent things too.

Do a Some Like it Hot theme Salsa and hot and spicy foods - Some Dips or something to go with the chips to go wiht the grilled foods

I like the salsa idea. Are they collecting orders or is this just a cooking show in the park? Remember to use your website and have them let everyone know they can order online and help.

It will be a cooking show in the park. I love the salsa and chip idea w/ "Some like it Hot" theme. Ya'll are great. I Love this site!!!!
Rita

Depending on the crowd (if adult) you can do "Find 'em hot, leave 'em wet"...(that's on a Firefighter T-shirt)...

Personally, I'd stick with the "Some like it Hot" theme. :)

Salsa and drinks...we have some great recipes for drinks in the Quik Stir pitcher....

1. What is the "Volunteer Fire Fighter Fr" program?

The "Volunteer Fire Fighter Fr" program is a partnership between Pampered Chef and local fire departments across the country. It allows Pampered Chef consultants to host cooking shows and donate their commission to the participating fire department of their choice.

2. How does the program benefit volunteer fire fighters?

The program benefits volunteer fire fighters by providing them with much-needed funds for equipment, training, and other resources that may not be covered by their department's budget. It also helps raise awareness and support for their important role in our communities.

3. How can I participate in the "Volunteer Fire Fighter Fr" program?

To participate in the program, simply host a Pampered Chef cooking show and select a local volunteer fire department as your chosen beneficiary. Your consultant will handle the donation process and ensure that your chosen department receives the funds.

4. Can I still earn host rewards or free products if I choose to donate my commission?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards and free products through the "Volunteer Fire Fighter Fr" program. Your consultant will provide you with all the details and help you maximize your benefits while supporting your local fire department.

5. Is the "Volunteer Fire Fighter Fr" program available in all areas?

Yes, the program is available in most areas where Pampered Chef operates. Your consultant can help you determine if your chosen fire department is eligible to participate in the program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • legacypc46
  • General Chat
Replies