1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Voicemail Messages

1. KarensChefsClub

KarensChefsClub Novice Member Gold Member

What does everyone have for their business voicemail message. I am a brand new consultant so I am looking for ideas. Thanks in advance!

2. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

My family phone and business phone...

are one line. So here is what I say. "Hello you have reached The Bauman's along with the home office of Marlene Bauman, Independent Sales Director, with the Pampered Chef. This is the week of February 20 and I will be in the office M,W,F from 1-3 pm. (or whatever my office hours are that week, or if I will be out of the office for the week) If you are calling outside these office hours, please feel free to leave a message and I will return your call as soon as possible. Thank and have a great day!"

I have heard many times that by having a weekly message you portray a more professional business. Also, by committing to these office hours, I force myself to work them! And by having the part about leaving a message if it is out of those hours, I can look at the caller ID and decide whether to answer it or not. DO NOT become a slave to the phone! We have a rule at our house...no one answers the phone during dinner time PERIOD!

HTH! :D

Feb 20, 2006
Have something to add?