1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Booths Vista order not here

1. Kelly8

Kelly8 Advanced Member

okay, so i ordered some stuff that i need for my booth tonight from vista. i need 150 "blue" giveaways. i made blue coupons postcard. problem is the products haven't arrived yet! i ordered them on the 8th and did the 21 day shipping because after reading all the posts on this site, i thought it would be here early. I can't even track it! the last it was updated was yesterday morning at 4:00 in the morning. I called fedex and gave them the tracking number but they said that it isn't a legit tracking number!:grumpy: so i need to find a giveaway for 150 people that isn't going to break the bank. oh, and i'm at work, so i don't have a whole lot of time to go shopping. i do have a prep hour in one hour that i can run to meijers but that's it. i did bring paper and my stamp so i can attach a coupon to something blue (don't want to hand out anything without some kind of incentive to get them back to me). I thought about blue suckers if they have them in bulk. any ideas?

Mar 26, 2009
  2. Kelly8

Kelly8 Advanced Member

bumping...

Mar 26, 2009
  3. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Not sure what you can find all blue... This time of year, you can check the Easter aisle and see if they have a package of blue eggs.... Sorry it didn't work out with your order!

Mar 26, 2009
  4. Kelly8

Kelly8 Advanced Member

Thanks, but i just went to meijer and they had blue m $ ms in the bulk aisle for only .99 a pound (usually $4.99!). i still would've rather had my coupons!

Mar 26, 2009
  5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

No great ideas - but I'm so sorry about your order. I've never had a Vistaprint order take more than a week!

Mar 26, 2009
  6. Kelly8

Kelly8 Advanced Member

Well, after i wiped out meijers of their blue m & ms, i called vista print because i had an extra minute and they said that fed ex delivered my prod to my local post office. so i called them and indeed my products were there so they are going to hold them for me so I can pick them up at lunch. now what to do with 6 lbs of m & ms?!

Mar 26, 2009
  7. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

return them! ;)

Mar 26, 2009
  8. straitfan

straitfan Veteran Member Gold Member

Evidentally the theme of the show is "blue" why don't you make a display with your trifle bowl filled with the blue M&M's?

Mar 26, 2009
  9. babywings76

That's a great idea!

Mar 26, 2009
  10. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

Most places won't let you return a food item. :(

My kids would have to say... Duh, eat them! LOL :D

11. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I return stuff to the grocery store--they accept returns.. I'd return them.

Mar 26, 2009
  12. straitfan

straitfan Veteran Member Gold Member

Different states must have different laws on this. We can't return food items, even unopened cans! I often cook for large groups and end up with large cans that I didn't use, and I can't take them back! :(

Mar 26, 2009
  13. babywings76

We can return anything here. I've seen people returning milk and one time I returned chicken because it went slimy and bad the next day and the date was for another whole week (and my fridge was working properly). I also bought a brownie mix once and the inside bag wasn't sealed and the mix was all over the box. They refunded me.

Mar 26, 2009
  14. heather223

heather223 Veteran Member Gold Member

I like the filling the Trifle Bowl with them idea! Or put them out for people to eat- it will bring them into your booth.

Mar 26, 2009
  15. Aunticooks

Aunticooks Member Gold Member

You could put them in the trifle bowl and have people guess how many or how many pounds to win a prize. ie free cooking show!

Mar 26, 2009
  16. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Great idea, BUT '''eeewwwww!!":yuck: All those grimy hands digging through the bowl of open M&Ms. I'd maybe display them but have the lid on or put some flowers in the M&Ms (have a vase hidden in the center, and somewhite flowers with blue M&Ms. I don't know- something that people would keep their yucky hands out of them, and then just put them in a ziploc baggie and eat them later (can you freeze M&Ms?? I know you can chocolate, but not sure about MMs)

Mar 26, 2009
  17. jenniwest04

jenniwest04 Member

Well, I freeze M&M cookies and they turn out okay when thawed...never did a package of them, though, LOL.

Mar 26, 2009
Have something to add?