• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Excited for VIP's New Fall Products?

In summary, VIP is a clothing vendor that is very expensive. Their clothing does not seem very good quality and they do not reply to emails.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Anyone else logged on to see the exciting :rolleyes: new Fall products from VIP?

I'm certainly underwhelmed.

Yes, but whats up with the long sleeve t-shirt with tile print?? :eek:

I like the half-zip fleece :D

I am nuts?Maybe it's just me, but most of the clothing just seems twice the price it should be. Or that shipping should be included with that price! I'm sorry, but the only clothing I could afford from VIP was the baseball tee for this year's Help Whip Cancer campaign.

The prices are nuts. I think the only semi-affordable thing is the $15 backpack.

I have yet to order from them.

Ugh...same here.
It would be really nice if they would come out with clothing that would fit a petite feminine female body...everything they sell is boxy and oversized. How about soemthing that actually FLATTERS our figures??

Even the sale prices seem pretty high to me. I'd love to see a Lands' End Squall jacket with a PC logo on it. I know it would be expensive (Squalls are not cheap but I have about 4 of 'em in different colors and I LOVE all of them!) but so much more versitile than a pullover fleece and far more unisex than the outerwear that they offer.Maybe I'm just more cynical than usual today or maybe I'm just not in a very good mood but this new stuff does nothing for me at all.A 15 oz thermal coffee mug is a great idea except that doesn't look like it's going to fit in a cupholder. That's about as useful as barbed wire in a daycare. A backpack where the drawstrings become the shoulder straps? Oh, I bet that's really comfortable with a load of heavy catalogs and show materiel.Before I lost all the weight that I did, a maternity T-shirt might have hidden my beer belly but since that's gone now, I'll pass on it.

Last edited:
I haven't seen their new stuff yet; but I agree, they are way too expensive! I usually watch ebay to get a better deal from retired consultants. Their stuff does run big too, so it's hard to order. I was also disappointed with their selection at conference this year too.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Anyone else logged on to see the exciting :rolleyes: new Fall products from VIP?

I'd have to agree with you! I hurried-up to log-on to see what was so great and well....nothing! I'd like to see a fleece warm-up style jacket with a full zipper. I wonder whose suggestions they took....obviously none of ours! I also don't think that they have the quality to warrant the prices they are asking either.

I have sent e-mails to VIP with product suggestions or questions about product and never received anything back from them. Nothing. Not even a "That-was-the-dumbest-idea-I've-ever-heard" reply. There is no doubt that most Cheffers are women, and that's why most of the clothing items button the wrong way. (Right-over-left instead of left-over-right.) I suppose that's why they don't offer a HWC items in mens' styles and I have a pink shirt that buttons the wrong way.I recently found out that one of my suggestions IS offered by VIP but only to directors. ARRRRGH!

The stuff imo is so expensive especially for just a little logo that says pampered chef....

Also, I liked the fleece and jacket but dang---I work at Nautica and we sell the fleeces for less than $40.

Nothing else really appealed to me. I'm wondering why PC is keeping them as a vendor if not that many people buy from them?

I joined right when we dropped Town and country---i've got some things from a past consultant and from what i've got, i'd rather have them over merrill anyday. To me, Merrill is quite pricey and the things i've bought from them haven't been as great of quality as I thought I was going to get.

Just my 2 cents.....

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

LMAO!!:rolleyes: ...I was SO overwhelmed..I went straight to the clearance & bought some 5.00 products;)

Where are the sweatshirts????????? I can't find any bumming around sweats like they had last year!

Vip?What is VIP? I'm from Canada and I've never heard of them. Please help.

pcsheri said:
What is VIP? I'm from Canada and I've never heard of them. Please help.

https://www.visualimpactproducts.com/tpcus/default.aspx

krzymomof4 said:
Where are the sweatshirts????????? I can't find any bumming around sweats like they had last year!
You're telling me!! My favorite PC shirt is my HWC sweatshirt!!

pcsheri said:
What is VIP? I'm from Canada and I've never heard of them. Please help.
You can also get to them through CC.

Click on --> Promoting Your Business --> Licensed Merchandise Vendors --> VIP logo.

(That is also the ONLY way you can get to the Merrill site.)

krzymomof4 said:

I was wondering about that also.

Especially since it is WINTER!! Some of us don't live on the beach!! Where are my PC sweatshirts?? I guess I'll have to get the pullover instead.

Uh oh, you're going to make me get on my soapbox. Probably my biggest Pampered Chef pet peeve is VIP. Their prices are OUTRAGEOUS. :eek: Not to mention that finding a correct fit is next to impossible. And then can we discuss the fact that they don’t have a catalog that I can sit and flip through. (And if anyone from Merrill is listening, you might actually get some sales from me if you had a catalog too!)

I wrote them once and complained about the prices. I wish I had saved the email. The reply was something like “well, it’s just like when people complain about Pampered Chef products costing too much”. I was furious. :mad: Could not (can not) believe that was the reply. And frankly, I RARELY get comments about the price of our products.

My blood pressure is rising as I type.

The thing I really do not understand is why, when the business is owned by a member of the Christopher family (at least I think that’s still they case) they would not be supportive of we consultants. I know how much these clothing items cost --- the mark-up we are faced with is awful. They could easily cut the prices (by a lot!) and still make money.

Quick, someone push me to the ground and run away with the soap box . . ..:rolleyes:

chefjeanine said:
Uh oh, you're going to make me get on my soapbox. Probably my biggest Pampered Chef pet peeve is VIP. Their prices are OUTRAGEOUS. :eek: Not to mention that finding a correct fit is next to impossible. And then can we discuss the fact that they don’t have a catalog that I can sit and flip through. (And if anyone from Merrill is listening, you might actually get some sales from me if you had a catalog too!)

I wrote them once and complained about the prices. I wish I had saved the email. The reply was something like “well, it’s just like when people complain about Pampered Chef products costing too much”. I was furious. :mad: Could not (can not) believe that was the reply. And frankly, I RARELY get comments about the price of our products.

My blood pressure is rising as I type.

The thing I really do not understand is why, when the business is owned by a member of the Christopher family (at least I think that’s still they case) they would not be supportive of we consultants. I know how much these clothing items cost --- the mark-up we are faced with is awful. They could easily cut the prices (by a lot!) and still make money.

Quick, someone push me to the ground and run away with the soap box . . ..:rolleyes:

I TOTALLY AGREE....could not have said it any better!!! CHEERS!!!:D :D :D

ONly thing i could afford would be the kids t's for $5 - don't know if i like the idea of using them to promote my business :(

I think I touched a raw nerve or two. :)

I didn't know that VIP was owned by the Christopher family. Are you sure? If so, whoever runs this part of the family business sure did not inherit the good taste combined style and functionality that Doris has.

I heard that Doris's son-in-law owns VIP.
I called Franklin Quest after conference to order the planner since they had no reps there and she told me that PC told them they weren't needed. The rep I talked to said that their leather binders weren't needed and they had another vendor selling something along the line. The woman I talked to sounded pretty ticked. I don't care one way or another. I didn't want the leather satchels etc, I just wanted the planner.

ANYHOO....I think we should start a letter writing campaign. I'm sending an email to my director to pass on through our whole team and even upline to email HO and tell them that VIP's prices are too high and/or we would love to earn PC clothing as an incentive. Please feel free to do the same! Here is what I'm sending to my director to pass on...

Hi guys!

I thought I'd say hey and hope everything is going well with everyone. I want to start a letter-writing campaign. I want Pampered Chef clothing but I don't want to pay for it. For one, I think it's WAY too expensive, and for another, I think it would make an AWESOME incentive. Please send E-mails to either the Solution Center or the Licensed Merchandise Vendor Comments sections in Consultant's Corner.

Thanks,
your local rebel-rouser

Jeanine- Hey! That's my soapbox!!

Kim- I couldn't agree more! I would love to earn something as an incentive that could create more business for me later!

Our stuff may be viewed as "expensive" but the clothing does not come with guarantees!!!

speedychef said:
I heard that Doris's son-in-law owns VIP.

ANYHOO....I think we should start a letter writing campaign. I'm sending an email to my director to pass on through our whole team and even upline to email HO and tell them that VIP's prices are too high and/or we would love to earn PC clothing as an incentive. Please feel free to do the same!

If I remember correctly....VIP was originally owned/operated by Jay Christopher. When Jay and Doris "retired", their son-in-law took over VIP. I've emailed them in the past regarding price...no answer. The way I see it....they could DRASTICALLY cut the prices of PC clothing and STILL make a profit. I also don't like the way the sizes are all over the place. I own tops that are "small" and hang off of me, "mediums" that are skin tight (not pretty, believe me!!).

I think a letter/email writing campaign is a great idea. Just the cheffers alone could make a big impression due to our numbers :) I like the idea of offering logo merchandise as incentives. They have in the past...I have a 20th anniversary denim shirt. (Of course, it too was HUGE and I can only wear it as a swimsuit coverup!)

GeorgiaPeach said:
I think a letter/email writing campaign is a great idea. Just the cheffers alone could make a big impression due to our numbers :)

Anyone care to draft a letter that we can send (bombard) VIP?

It is frustratingSince they are the only company allowed to sell PC clothing I guess they think they can stick it to us. I guess if we all just refuse to buy their products they will have to come down on price. Kind of like the price of gas huh? I haven't looked at their new stuff yet. I usually try to catch stuff on clearence if I can.

OH yeah, I nominate Gillian to write a letter using her Miss Manners tone!!

Maybe we should just ask Merrill to carry clothing and accessories.

This is interesting...I cannot get into the VIP Website this morning. It won't let me in.Okay, I admit, I was going to look at something so I could complai...er...point out something about it. Maybe I'm persona no gratta for starting this thread!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Before I lost all the weight that I did, a maternity T-shirt might have hidden my beer belly but since that's gone now, I'll pass on it.

Got any good diet tips you would like to share? I was fine until I hit my 30's (I won't tell you how long ago that was), and it's been all down hill ever since!

You don't want to know - really. It's mostly a result of the side effects of cancer treatment from several years ago. I figure it's a small price to pay for just being here and the weight loss is a side benefit.

I am so glad you pulled through it. I can't imagine what this site would be like without your smart a**, I mean, amusing comments ;)

7-1/2 years - but who's counting? I'll even show you my targeting tatoos if you ask nicely. (When they were putting on the tatoos, I told them to give me an aircraft carrier or eagle or at least, spell MOM but NOOOOO, they just put their annoying little dots.)

Hey Kitchen guy I read your blog. Sorry I missed you in Champaign. I was unable to go to the lecture or the opening they had due to a cold so I haven't been inside the Doris Kelly Christropher Hall either. Drive by it a few times. I try to avoid campus. To many college students who don't know how to walk at the cross walk! Glad to hear you made it through the cancer.

Ann

Thanks, Ann! Of course, as you know, Illinois only has two seasons, Winter and Orange Barrel. I admit, I was there during Orange Barrel when the student population is relatively low. I was literally passing through town and had a stop about a 1/2 mile from the site. It just seemed like something I needed to do.[hijack] As for beating cancer - I am not afraid to talk about it because education is the best weapon against "The Bastard" and I hate it when cancer wins. What we do in May is so incredibly important, although I usually talk about awareness for all the other kinds that don't get the press that Breast and Prostate cancers get. No one ever heard of the kind I had, but it's a nasty one so we all have to watch for the signs. (I had none of the seven warning signs, either.) [/hijack]

Does anyone own one of the golf shirts that are on sale for $15 each? How do they size? Are the sleeves really short? (I have fat upper arms and hate having that flab all over the map! LOL)

You are blackballed from VIP now KG! Priceless... That goes to show all of us that there are "others" among us and watch what you say! One minute KG spurs an angry letter writing campaign ( I know it wasn't you KG, but you started the thread) the next, BANNED from buying overpriced logo apparel! LOL! I am feeling a little dramatic this morning if you couldn't tell!

It actually turned out to be a problem with the java plug-in in my browser, but don't tell anyone, okay? It'll be our little secret. ;)

You.....me.....secret???? I don't think we can keep secrets, KG!!

I use Old Spice, anyway. Secret was never really strong enough for a man.

You've been on a lot today KG. I take you are home again?

sailortena said:
Does anyone own one of the golf shirts that are on sale for $15 each? How do they size? Are the sleeves really short? (I have fat upper arms and hate having that flab all over the map! LOL)
They run large....last year when I started I ordered a large, but I was really thin & It was BIG...35 lbs added to me:( ( quit smoking) & the shirt fits fine, the sleeves are not that short either. Hope this helped, but they are worth 15.00, not the 25.00 I originally paid for them!:mad:

jenniferlynne said:
You've been on a lot today KG. I take you are home again?
Actually, I'm on the road. When I started this innocent little thread about a vendor, I was in Iowa but today, I'm in the shadow of HO again, in Lombard. I'll be here a couple of days. I'll be home for at least two weeks, then and maybe I can get caught up on my customer calls!

So we'll be seeing a whole lot more of you in the next two weeks!??

Maybe - I'm going to be doing some overnights which has a tendancy to fry me for several days afterward. Even on the road, with the broadband card in my laptop, I can read messages here when I'm at stoplights but not do much typing. That's especially true when I'm in the Chicago area, where sitting at a stoplight can be three minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
jerri dorr
Replies
Views
marystell1