• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get a 12% Discount on Verizon with Your Pampered Chef Consultant ID!

In summary, Verizon offers a 12% discount for Pampered Chef consultants when they bring in their pay stub to the store. Despite being asked for a Pampered Chef email address, this is not necessary to receive the discount. The information can be found on the Pampered Perks section of the consultant's corner. Verizon may have matched the discount offered by Sprint. However, not all consultants have been able to find the discount listed on the CC. Some consultants have successfully received the discount by bringing in a pay stub and business card to the Verizon store. Switching to Verizon may be beneficial for those experiencing poor coverage with other providers.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
OK, I know we have discounts through Sprint, but their service stinks around here ... Verizon, however, gives Pampered Chef consultants a 12 percent dscount. Take your pay stub into the store and they will set you up! (My store kept bugging me for a PC e-mail address, which we don't have, but entered the consultant ID anyway.)

It's not much (enough to pay the insurance) but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Di_Can_Cook said:
OK, I know we have discounts through Sprint, but their service stinks around here ... Verizon, however, gives Pampered Chef consultants a 12 percent dscount. Take your pay stub into the store and they will set you up! (My store kept bugging me for a PC e-mail address, which we don't have, but entered the consultant ID anyway.)

It's not much (enough to pay the insurance) but hey, I'll take what I can get.

How'd you find this out? I've got Verizon and would LOVE to save money any way I can :)

I went and got my NEW verizon phone today.

When I told the guy that my work used to provide me with a phone until it broke, he asked where I worked and if they were on Verizon. I said no but that I worked for Pampered Chef too, and they gave a cel phone discount for Sprint. He looked it up on his computer.

Just print a pay stub and take it in. Tell them you know a consultant in Akron, Ohio who was given a discount. You don't have to have a Pampered Chef e-mail account (which is one of the ways they look it up) no matter how many times they ask for it!

Inquiring minds are interested in more information--please tell!

I guess we typed at the same time.

I asked them once before and they said no. I guess I'll have to go check again.

I have Sprint... what kind of discount do we get? Where can I find the info - is it on CC somewhere or do I just need to call or go into a store? I would love to have a cheaper bill!

It is on consultant's corner under Pampered Perks.

I am guessing that Verizon found out about the Sprint discount and that they decided to match it. I think you have to go to the store because that is how I found out about it.

hperschnick said:
I have Sprint... what kind of discount do we get? Where can I find the info - is it on CC somewhere or do I just need to call or go into a store? I would love to have a cheaper bill!

Go to the Pampered Perks part of CC. You do it entirely online and it shows up on your bill within 2 billing cycles.

Thank you for this news. It is the first time I heard about it, and I have
a daughter working for Verizon cellphone customer service.

thanks.........................

Di_Can_Cook said:
It is on consultant's corner under Pampered Perks.

I am guessing that Verizon found out about the Sprint discount and that they decided to match it. I think you have to go to the store because that is how I found out about it.

I did that and still don't see Verizon on there, only Sprint.

{*mandy*} said:
I did that and still don't see Verizon on there, only Sprint.

that was an answer for the person who wanted to know about the sprint discount.

So I can go to my Verizon store tommorrow with my sample check and a business card and get a 12% discount?? Well with 5 cell phones on my account and unlimited texting on all 5 I could save 30 dollars a month - Hmmm - more shopping money for me!!

We already have a discount for Verizon because Dh works for the government......

We are switching though to AT&T when my contract ends next year...

Nice deal Erin!!!

Why the switch though?

PamperedDor said:
Nice deal Erin!!!

Why the switch though?

The coverage for Verizon is not very good here! DH's phone very rarely worked so he went ahead and got an I-Phone. We still have a year left on the Verizon plan and my phone works 95% of the time. We gave DH's phone to DS for now. When our plan is up we will all be on At&T...I will be getting an I-Phone and whatever we get for DS will be discounted as well. But At&T does not offer a Govt discount for I-Phone plans..............

At least Verizon pro-rates the fee you have to pay to get out of your contract if you have to leave early.

My dad has AT&T ... coverage is OK with them too ... but there were more freebies with Verizon and more people I know on that network. (Including my director.)

The Verizon discount isn't on CC ... just Sprint, so yeah, I'd take the pay stub/sample check in and tell them another consultant is getting a discount, Pamperedor! If they offer you a smaller discount, tell them the other consultant is getting 12 percent. I wish mine totaled $30 but alas ... I am on the low-rate budget plan.

Ok - I went today - AND YES - we get a 12% discount - Just bring your sample check and they do the rest - the only glitch is the account HAS TO BE IN YOUR NAME - not DH - And - its good up to 5 lines on that account - Cha Ching!!~

I also went to Verizon today to confirm the discount. If you don't want to go to the store, you can do the following (when at the store, they still told me that I had to do this):

Consultants can go to www.verizonwireless.com/getdiscounts When you
scroll down it will ask for your work email and you just scroll down
farther and click on "I don't have one" since we don't have a specific
PC email address. This will take you to a form that needs to be filled
out. Once you fill the form out, (it will ask for the company address
and I just used Pampered Chef, 1 Pampered Chef Lane, Addison, IL
60101)click Next and then a pop-up window will come up that is the
completed form that you need to fax. Fax the completed form with a copy
of your commission statement to 1-800-711-7788. It will take 1-2
billing cycles for the discount to show up.

It took less than 1 hour and I had an email in my regular email (where I have my Verizon statments sent to) confirming that the discount was approved and that it would be 12%. I also read somewhere that we get the 12% discount on accessories as well. I guess the discount would show up when you check out at the store if you buy accessories, such as bluetooths?

Let me know if you have any questions.

thanks so much for this info.....................

12 percent off accessories too?

I just paid $50 for a bluetooth package ... they didn't give me a discount on anything!

Ok, my husband and son share a Verizon account, but I've not gotten a cell phone as of yet. Is there a charge to change the account to be put under my name, so they can get the discount?

With my husband not working right now, all discounts would be great for us!!

Thanks,
Paula

I'd talk to your rep ... every little bit helps. And plus, that means your phone is a tax write-off.

Paula R. Lewis said:
Ok, my husband and son share a Verizon account, but I've not gotten a cell phone as of yet. Is there a charge to change the account to be put under my name, so they can get the discount?

With my husband not working right now, all discounts would be great for us!!

Thanks,
Paula

No, there is no charge to swich the account into your name. I just did it.;)

erinyourpclady said:
We already have a discount for Verizon because Dh works for the government......

We are switching though to AT&T when my contract ends next year...
hi, what kind of goverment if you don't mind me asking? my husband works for the local DPW and they are considered goverment, can i get a discount for that? thanks

Just got back from the Verizon store and wanted to let everyone know what transpired. Yes, we do get a discount. Not sure if it varies from state to state but the discount they quoted me is 8% off services and 12% off accessories... not the 12% off everything like someone mentioned here... so it might depend on where we live? Not sure. Also, there are also bigger discounts for phones but they couldn't tell me what the actual discount is unless I was getting one because that varies as well... when you get the phone they put in the info and the discount comes up then. All I needed was a copy of my commission statement with the "check" part. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes.

finley1991 said:
Just got back from the Verizon store and wanted to let everyone know what transpired. Yes, we do get a discount. Not sure if it varies from state to state but the discount they quoted me is 8% off services and 12% off accessories... not the 12% off everything like someone mentioned here... so it might depend on where we live? Not sure. Also, there are also bigger discounts for phones but they couldn't tell me what the actual discount is unless I was getting one because that varies as well... when you get the phone they put in the info and the discount comes up then. All I needed was a copy of my commission statement with the "check" part. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes.

Hi Colleen--After I signed up (faxed my form and commission statement) I received an email that confirmed everything was all set. In that email it mentioned my 12% discount on service and accessories. You're right, that it might vary from state to state. That's okay, any discount is better than none at all.

My phone is in my DH's name! ARGH!

Karen said:
any discount is better than none at all.

I agree! And I did the math when I got home and basically after one year, with the plan I have, it will be like getting one month free so I'm happy!!!!

SilverCeladon said:
My phone is in my DH's name! ARGH!

Call Verizon Wireless and ask to have it switched - Colleen (letscook04) did just that and they did it for her over the phone - she faxed her information sheet with commission check today - ( we are cluster mates, friends and well - bad influences ~ LOL!!) Right sister Talleen?? LOL

PamperedDor said:
Call Verizon Wireless and ask to have it switched - Colleen (letscook04) did just that and they did it for her over the phone - she faxed her information sheet with commission check today - ( we are cluster mates, friends and well - bad influences ~ LOL!!) Right sister Talleen?? LOL

You got it!!

Just make sure that your husband is there to give them the ok first. FYI: Your bill has to be at least $35.00

PS Dor I had a great time at your rest/bar last night! Great band!!

letscook04 said:
You got it!!

Just make sure that your husband is there to give them the ok first. FYI: Your bill has to be at least $35.00

PS Dor I had a great time at your rest/bar last night! Great band!!

Oh that is good to know!!!

Ya sure, I was selling spatulas and you were dancing and doin' shots!!:cry: :cry: Glad you have fun!!:D :D

15% For Military

I finally got my discount! I called yesterday to make sure I could use my phone on my cruise and to see how much it costs. Since I had them on the phone, I asked about the discount. I went to my local store this morning with a copy of my commission check (you can print from CC--the CHECK, not the statement) and they did it for me--12% on the plan. BUT I had asked NINE MONTHS AGO about getting a discount and was told NO. So I called the 800 number and the sweet gal on the phone gave me a CREDIT for NINE MONTHS worth of discount. SWEET!!!I need a new bluetooth, so maybe I'll use that credit to buy one. :)

Debbie GREAT for you!!!!

WOW, that's great news! Thanks for sharing! I'm due for a new pbone so it looks like I will be going in and switching our acct to my name and getting this discount! :) SWEET deal!

Heather - its free and actually saves us money - I love it -

AND you don't have to wait - actually don't wait - they said it would take 2 to 3 billing cycles - unlike the sweet deal Deb got - so do it now!!

Mine was effective right away!And there really is no such thing as a bill under $35 ... their plans start at $39.99, unless you have an old plan, or their pay by the day thing.

We have att and I HATE it I have een trying to get out of the contract butthey will charge us 175.00 for each phone we have 3 in the family . We have till Nov for our 2year contract to be over then I can chnge to VERISON WE where gong to change to verison anyway this only makes it sweeter . I wish I can get out sooner but thats alot of mony to for over to change

I went and signed up yesterday for the discount. It is 8% here but with 3 phones that is around 80.00 a year in savings. Not bad at all. I took a commission statement I printed off and that did not work. They had to use a copy of the check I printed off of the website. They take a picture of the logo on the check and submit it that way. I also had to have my husband call and change the bill over to my name. Thanks for letting us know of this great deal.

bumping for others to see and to remind me to tell DH about it! LOL

sent fax yesterday, got my email this morning on my 12% discount, checked my account and it's already there....................:sing:

brendaivette said:
sent fax yesterday, got my email this morning on my 12% discount, checked my account and it's already there....................:sing:
SWEEEETTT!!:D

Does anyone have ATT and do they give a discount?

I don't have AT&T but I would call them and if they say no, say, "Hmmmmm ... Verizon and Sprint will give me one ..."(I think the chick from there who tried to sell me a cel phone plan would have offered it had she had one when I told her the same, however.)I walked into my store and TRIED to get a discount on the accessories I just bought but they said no dice .. I guess it does vary from state to state ...

Hmm...just got confirmation and mine says only 8% as others have mentioned. But the gal in the store told me 12%. Ugh. Do I have to call them AGAIN?!?!?

Just caught this thread... great to know. Right now I have a 20% discount (yep, I said 20%) with Verizon through the hospital system I work for, but since I'm about to QUIT MY JOB, I'm glad to know I can get a discount through PC as well. I'll have to call the Verizon rep I currently work with and see what Jeremy can do for me!!!

That letter made me go back and check my letter. Yes, it does say 12 percent "access" discount. Verizon Guy seemed surprised that it varies from state to state ... guess there was nothing like that on the "pampered chef profile page."Katie, unless the hospital pays your bill, how would Verizon know you're not there any more?

THANK YOU THANK YOU for starting this thread!!!! I was logging on to verizon yesterday to get my 12% discount with TPC, and for some reason, I put in my email address from my "real work" (My 40+ hr week job) and I qualified under government employee and got a 15% discount!!!! I had no idea that government employees got that discount. :thumbup: :sing:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ccmahaffey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Teresa Crothers