• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why did my old bank cause me so much trouble?

In summary, Amanda's bank account was charged twice for a failed check and then she was told she would have to pay the bank fees both times.
babywings76
Gold Member
Ugh, I feel so stupid. I hate my old bank so I switched to PNC. Love PNC, no problems. But stupid, stupid me just made a huge mistake. We have been meaning to close the old accounts with Wachovia/now Wells Fargo, but have just not taken the time to do so. Anyway, I had a lady call me wanting to order a bar pan for a shower gift. I had a show I was going to add it to and then that host bailed on me. I forgot about the lady's order and while I was on vacation got an e-mail asking me if her order had come in. OOPS! I totally forgot to take care of it for her. :( So since she needed it for a gift, I contacted a girl in my cluster to see if she happened to have a new one on hand. She did. So I gave the lady the stone and then paid my cluster-mate back.

So the other day my clustermate FB's me to tell me that she hates to have to tell me, but the check didn't clear and charged her a $15 fee and they are going to try to re-do it again. She wanted to give me a head's up on it. I was in shock, because I have a lot of money in that account (and had kept it steady at that amount for a few months as I'm saving up for my iPad.) I apologized for everything and offered to pay her bank fee. So I double checked my bank records and everything looked fine and I couldn't figure out what went wrong. She e-mailed me back to verify I had the right account, and wouldn't you know it--it was my old bank account! How on earth could I have done that!! So then we got busy with a bunch of different things and I didn't get a chance to go to Wells Fargo today, but I received 2 post card notices telling me on each that I was charged a $35 fee for this check trying to be cashed. So...I'm out the $30 now from her bank running it twice and now $70 from my bank running it twice. So...a $100 mistake. My stupidity. All for one stupid bar pan that didn't lead to a commission or a booking or anything. And all stemming from that host who bailed on me, leaving me to forget about that order I had intended to do. I'm so upset with myself for not being better on top of things. I need to go to the bank tomorrow and close it. I'm so frustrated that they have such huge fees. And if a check didn't clear once, I wish they wouldn't try it again. Wish I could get them to drop the fees. :(

Ugh!! Thanks for letting me vent.

Oh, Amanda. (((hugs))) So, so sorry--I've been there. And it's so frustrating. Maybe they'll drop one of the charges? :/

You should definately talk to them about the fees. Its not right that they ran it twice without talking to you first (although that could be on your cluster-mates bank shoulders, not yours).

I would try talking to them. If you have been with them for a while (even though you are closing your account - just don't tell them that) and you've never had anything like this before, they may be willing to work with you. Funny things I've never heard anything good about Wells Fargo yet they are one of the biggest banks around here!!

Ugh, banks fees are vile. Hope you can convince them to do something for you!

What are the benefits of switching to a new bank?

Switching to a new bank can have several benefits, such as better interest rates, lower fees, and improved customer service. It can also provide a fresh start and allow you to choose a bank that aligns with your financial goals and values.

How do I go about switching banks?

The first step is to research and compare different banks to find one that meets your needs. Once you have chosen a new bank, you can open an account and set up automatic transfers for any recurring payments. It's also important to notify your old bank and update any direct deposit or automatic payment information.

What should I do with my old bank account?

If you have any remaining funds in your old bank account, you can transfer them to your new account or withdraw them in cash. It's important to also close the account to avoid any potential fees or charges. You may also want to keep the account open for a short period of time to ensure all pending transactions have cleared.

Will switching banks affect my credit score?

No, switching banks will not directly impact your credit score. However, it's important to be mindful of any outstanding loans or credit cards with your old bank and ensure that you continue to make timely payments.

How long does it take to fully switch to a new bank?

The time it takes to fully switch to a new bank can vary, but it typically takes 1-2 weeks to open a new account and transfer any recurring payments. It may take an additional 2-3 weeks for any outstanding checks to clear and for you to receive new debit or credit cards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vhadley
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • Shawnna