• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting After an Unexpected Late Night: 4am and I'm Tired

In summary, Ann's HWC fundraiser was very stressful because her significant other came home with 5 friends and they were partying at 4 am. Ann's dog got out and she got up to open the gate, and then found out her significant other signed up for a $1500 commitment without knowing it. Ann closed the fundraiser yesterday with over $1100 in orders.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I'm sorry I have to vent....I am having a HWC Fundraiser open house tomorrow. I was up til Midnight cleaning the house, and I have to get up to make it to the store for 7 am so I can start preparing food and setting up my displays, etc...My SO just came home with 5 friends to PARTY!!!! IT is 4AM!! My dog is barking, I'm awake and there were people here. Luckily they left pretty quickly (I think my friend may have heard me crying and kicked everyone out). To top it all off, my dog wanted out, so I got up and opened the back door. When he didn't come back in, I looked and our back gate was open!!!!!! Luckily he's enticed easily with treats so it only took 10 minutes to get him back.I am so mad right now.eta: Some of you may be wondering what the heck I'm doing on here if it's so late and I have so much to do....I cannot relax for long enough to fall asleep. When I get woken up, especially in the state that I was in, there's almost no hope.I'm going to try though.......
Sorry if this post doesn't make any sense. It's 4am and I'm tired.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Hopefully you are getting a little sleep right now. Events like these make me more stressed just because we want things be successful. This added on top just is like the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Let us know how things went. Good luck!

PS...I see by re-reading the post that you have to get up at 7 am. Ugh....hang in there...good thoughts are with you!

Thanks Ann,It's 830 and I just woke up. I decided to sleep in a bit. I'll just get him up earlier and he can help me get ready.I'm sorry for the seemingly whiny post. It was a bad night last night. He's NEVER done anything like this so I probably shouldn't have been so upset, but you're right - the stress makes me edgy.

Glad you got a litttle more sleep. I would have been PO'd too! Hope you have agreat fundraiser today :)

Thanks guys....my fundraiser went well. I had only 5 people come by today but lots of orders. I'm at $850 right now! I know I have other people that wanted to order so I just have to follow up with them during the week - hopefully I can hit the $1000 mark.I had 2 people that want to book shows but asked me to call them the first week of June. And one of my friends signed! It sounds like she really just wanted the kit. I told her the commitment is $1500 in sales (in Canada it's $1500 rather than $1250) and she asked what would happen if she didn't do it. So yeah, I'm not counting on her doing anything but still, I'm hoping she'll try!!

I had a cooking show that didn't qualify so I added the orders to my open house and now we're at $1050! I'm closing tonight. My Mystery Host is very excited to pick out all her stuff!

WOW!!! You did fantastic!!! Your hard work paid off.

Please tell me that you tried to get your son up early? Or at least vacumed outside his bedroom door for at least a half hour and then touched it up frequently after wards!!!:D:D You know what they say about pay back? :D:devil:

baychef said:
WOW!!! You did fantastic!!! Your hard work paid off.

Please tell me that you tried to get your son up early? Or at least vacumed outside his bedroom door for at least a half hour and then touched it up frequently after wards!!!:D:D You know what they say about pay back? :D:devil:

Yeah I'm really happy! I closed it out yesterday at over $1100 after my Mystery Host orders!!

Sorry! I said SO meaning Significant Other. :eek: But yes, I did get him up early. I also made sure to bang around dishes and do lots of noisy cleanup for him at 8am. I'm not normally passive-agressive but it was fun! hehehee :devil:

What are some tips for venting and coping with an unexpected late night?

1. Take a deep breath and acknowledge your feelings. It's okay to feel frustrated or tired after an unexpected late night.

2. Try to get some rest, even if it's just a short nap. Your body needs time to recharge.

3. Find a healthy outlet for your emotions, such as talking to a friend or writing in a journal.

4. Avoid caffeine or other stimulants, as they can make it harder for you to relax and fall asleep.

5. Make a plan for the next day to help you feel more in control and prepared.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
finley1991
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • Gagescorpages
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies