• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Vent... Quote of the Day From My Meeting Last Night

In summary, Jenni has never had an original idea. Her business is not nearly as stellar as hers I would bet. She is an excellent leader and people should listen to her because her stats and what she has earned speak for themselves.
"Jenni has never had an original idea"

I was talking about all of the ideas for fall themes shows, booking ideas etc. I pass a LOT of stuff along to my team, feeling that more is better... let them weed through and pick what they want to use. I tell them what I do but want them to have options because it is their businesses

Yes, I have never had an original idea in my head...#1 in recruiting at my launch, #10 in sales, earned trips for the past 3 years, Excellence in multiple categories for the past 3 years... gee I clearly have no idea how to run this business!!! What a LOSER I am...guess I better take my loser self back to hostesses coach my 6 remaining August shows, 12 September shows and 8 October shows.:rolleyes:

Nice.

And what is the person you quoted's business like? Not nearly as stellar as yours I would bet.

Let's compare!

Me: $40,000 in sales this year, $250,000+ career sales, 91 career recruits, 500+ shows
her: $5,000 career sales, 0 recruits, 12 shows

hmmmmmm clearly we should all be listening to her. She posts all kinds of things on my team FB page... "anyone that wants to use my newsletter, email me" etc... so irritating!!

Sorry Jenni, I know you are a good leader.

thanks Wendy... people are shocking to me.. the gall!!! How dare she come into my HOME and insult me in front of others!!! Ok.. moving on!

Those who insult others are doing so to boost their own self esteem. She obviously is jealous and has no clue as to what you do for meetings. How about assigning her a topic for the next meeting to present. There she can showcase all of her "original" ideas! Don't just pick on her...we don't want to make it too obvious!!! Honestly, it does give them a better idea of what leadership is.

Testimonial....I have had possibly 1 original idea every 5 years...if I am lucky. So I am in my 13th year...I have had 2 original ideas!! They were so brilliant, I can't tell you what they are!!

Jenni, you are an excellent leader. Don't let her get to you because that is what she wants. Not only your stats but what you have earned speak for themselves. As I have said before...you ROCK!:clap:

Jenni,
Wow! I know I would be really upset by that! I am sorry that happenedl. Like everyone said, you are an excellent leader!! 91 career recruits!! I want to do that too :)

baychef said:
Those who insult others are doing so to boost their own self esteem. She obviously is jealous and has no clue as to what you do for meetings. How about assigning her a topic for the next meeting to present. There she can showcase all of her "original" ideas! Don't just pick on her...we don't want to make it too obvious!!! Honestly, it does give them a better idea of what leadership is.

Testimonial....I have had possibly 1 original idea every 5 years...if I am lucky. So I am in my 13th year...I have had 2 original ideas!! They were so brilliant, I can't tell you what they are!!

Jenni, you are an excellent leader. Don't let her get to you because that is what she wants. Not only your stats but what you have earned speak for themselves. As I have said before...you ROCK!:clap:

she is not someone who comes to meetings regularly, she RSVPs and doesn't show. This pretty much sums her up... she needs Beer BBQ sauce for a show. I say I have some when did you want to pick it up... she lives an hour from me... she says she is so busy, could I bring it to her (let's see 2 hour round trip, gas is $4+ a gallon, I have 15 shows on my calendar and a team of 100+). No I can't bring it to you, when do you want to pick it up. Can I meet her half way? No, when do you want to pick it up. Do I have a show in her area in the next few days and I could swing it by her house on my way or way home? No, when do you want to pick it up. Gee.. guess what she came and picked it up from me..:devil:

pcjenni said:
she is not someone who comes to meetings regularly, she RSVPs and doesn't show. This pretty much sums her up... she needs Beer BBQ sauce for a show. I say I have some when did you want to pick it up... she lives an hour from me... she says she is so busy, could I bring it to her (let's see 2 hour round trip, gas is $4+ a gallon, I have 15 shows on my calendar and a team of 100+). No I can't bring it to you, when do you want to pick it up. Can I meet her half way? No, when do you want to pick it up. Do I have a show in her area in the next few days and I could swing it by her house on my way or way home? No, when do you want to pick it up. Gee.. guess what she came and picked it up from me..:devil:

Wow...what a piece of work! And I can guarantee that she wouldn't show up to a meeting that you may have her do an activity to show others. And probably you wouldn't want her to teach others what she does if she is that thoughtless.

So sorry she said that, Jenni. She sounds like someone that is selfish. If she treats her customers that way, then she won't be in the biz too long. You really wonder what makes people tick sometimes.:confused: {{{{HUGS}}}} Easy to say, but try to not let her get under your skin. She is so not worth it.

and even better... this is what she send to MY new recruits on FB!!! WTH!!

Nice to meet you and Beth today!! Glad to know some reps close!! Let me know if you ever need anything.

Here's my facebook link to check out, get tips and "like".
Katts Delicious Kreations
www.facebook.com/XXXX

I think you need to sit her down and give her a good talking to. lol Some people's kids. But seriously, you are obviously very professional and nice (as your stats show) so I know you'll handle it well. People like that end up disappearing after a bit anyway. So sorry.

I rarely have an original thought and always say the idea was someone else's. Once in a blue moon I come up with something of my own. I don't think anyone thinks less of someone who shares ideas. In fact, they appreciate getting the info. She clearly needs to feel that people value her. Here's another twist... You could approach her with a "it seems like you would like a leadership role with the company since you're so eager to help others. What can we do to increase your recruiting so that you can develop your own team and run your own meetings?" Get her out of your life as soon as you can.

love that Becca... I am going to call her and say exactly that to her tomorrow!!!

See? I DO have an original thought once in a while :) I bet she doesn't want to put the work into her biz. Not that you'll be able to call her on it at meetings or online, but at least you'll have the personal satisfaction of knowing she's all talk and no action. One of my new people is just super excited and I've seen her offer help to people on my Exec's FB group. I know it's b/c she's a sweetheart, loves PC and is happy to share. Not that I think your person is anything like that, but people like this do exist.

mine is has multiple piercing all over her face: nose, upper and lower lips, tattoos and giant ratted out beehive type hair do... other team member have commented to me "who would book a show with her"... no disrespect to anyone else.. just gives you a visual to go along with the rest.

pcjenni said:
love that Becca... I am going to call her and say exactly that to her tomorrow!!!

I love this too Becca!! And glad you are going to do this Jenni!

Wow - some people! She's envious and isn't choosing to use this as an opportunity to use your great ideas and build her business! Keep setting those limits (like putting it on HER to come get the sauce) and stick to your guns. Chances are this one may not last long and you don't want to waste too much energy on her. :):)

My niece looks like that..tatoos literally everywhere on her body, even her neck and chin. a few peircings, but looks a mess. Dark gothic hair and makeup. Can't figure out why even with a bachelors degree in criminology she can't get a job. Oh, I don't know...does the phrase "circus freak" come to mind maybe?

(((hugs))) sorry she was so rude, especially since it was in front of your team. :(

Some people (like our rockstar CK) have good tips to share when they start off with a bang and are rocking their business. It's fun to hear about their success and get tips from someone with a fresh perspective ... but that's obviously not the case with your gal. Sounds like she's jealous of your success. It's her childish way of saying she wishes she could be like you! ;)

I would perhaps remind her that that is the beauty of this business, we don't have to invent anything! We all share our successes and freely give so others can have great ideas to try themselves, whether it's booking or recruiting phrases we say at shows, things we post on f.b., or word choices we use when making phone calls. I would tell her I'm proud of the fact that I haven't had to have an original thought or idea and when something I share helps someone else, I find it quite flattering.

Then tell her to grow up.

What was the quote of the day from the meeting last night?

The quote of the day from the meeting last night was: "It's not about having time, it's about making time."

Who said the quote at the meeting last night?

The quote was said by one of the attendees during the group discussion.

Why was this quote chosen as the quote of the day?

The quote was chosen because it resonated with the overall theme of the meeting, which was about time management and prioritization.

Did anyone share personal experiences related to the quote?

Yes, several people shared personal experiences about struggling to find time for important tasks and how this quote inspired them to prioritize their time better.

Will this quote be used as a reminder for future meetings?

Yes, the quote will be shared in future meetings as a reminder to make time for what's truly important.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • Jennie4PC