• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vent -- Newsletter -- Now You Tell Me.

In summary, customers who unsubscribe from a newsletter through Customer Connection are still getting the newsletter sent from the business. The Tech Support person told the customer that they need to go in and manually remove them from both the newsletter and the customer connection list.
jwpamp
I have had a rash of customers who have clicked on the "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of my e-Newsletter sent from Customer Connection and who have e-mailed me that they are still getting mailings from me (thru Customer Connection).

I manually go to P3 and removed them, went into my e-mail and removed them and thought that it was over --

no--

got this from the Tech Support that I got today:

Dear Janice,

Thank you for contacting Pampered Chef Technical support. The problem is that you never went in and manually removed [email protected] from your newsletter subscriber list. Remember that customers that opt out of customer connection (or if you remove them from customer connection) are not automatically removed from newsletter subscriber list. You must manually go in and remove them. Also customers that opt out of newsletter are not removed from customer connection and you need to go in and mark privacy.
[email protected] is now opted out of the enewsletter because when she sent you the email she also clicked opt out on the bottom of enewsletter so currently there is nothing you need to do. In the future be aware that you need to manage customer connection and enewsletter contact lists separately.

As noted in the FAQ help section of the enewsletter. Any contact that is entered into customer connection originally and NOT marked with the Privacy requested check mark will be copied into the enewsletter subscriber list. Once they are listed as a subscriber in the enewsletter the only way to removed them from the enewsletter subscriber list is to go into enewsletter subscriber list (not just customer connection) and remove customer from list.

The enewsletter subscriber list and the customer connection list are two separate mailing lists. New customer names/emails entered into customer connection will be copied over to the enewsletter subscriber list nightly. However, once they are in the newsletter subscriber list you will need to remove them manually. That means you can go back into customer connection and mark “privacy requested” and they will no longer receive customer connection emails, but are still an ACTIVE subscriber to the enewsletter. To remove them from your enewsletter list please go to enewsletter dashboard. Click on subscribers. Find customer email address on list and click on Remove Icon to the left of their name and confirm you want to remove them.

There is also an option at the bottom of each enewsletter where a customer can click (REMOVE) - to be instantly deleted from this list. This will mark them as opt-out for the enewsletter. This will remove them from the enewsletter list but not customer connection. I hope that gives you a better understanding of what happened. If you have further questions please let me know. Thank you.

Who knew? I thought that perhaps tech support could figure out a way to delete them from both at the same time...I mean, if they don't want to hear from me, they don't want to hear from me, right?

I can't go back and delete the opted out people now because I have deleted the "opted out" e-mail that I received.

Great. Can we maybe give less "2 shows" prizes and hire some better tech support?

One more reason I refuse to sign up for the enewsletter til they work all the kinks out. Ugh.

yep, not using the HO newsletter, too many issues!

That is just plain ridiculous! Why are there 2 lists? Why can't they be deleted from everything at one time with one click???! Seriously, we have to go in and manually remove them? I've deleted those messages as well. I guess I'm going to have several irate past customers because they are going to get both for awhile until they opt out AGAIN!

I am using the PC newsletter because I am trying to keep my operating costs down this year. I just can't justify paying for a newsletter subscription and a delivery service when it comes through my PWS (that I'm already paying for). Joy closing up shop makes that decision much easier.

I am not 100% sure but I'm thinking that the enewletter is handled by an outside company right? That would be why there are two lists?

I am sure this is infuriating our customers, too!

oh man! Since Joy is closing up shop I was going to start using HO's newsletter and cancel iContact. Hmm....

I love iContact. ;)

I also use Mike Mendyke's My EMail Design: http://www.myemaildesigns.com

I love his service...if you decide to use something different and go with him, use me as a referral!

I use Mike's newsletter as well and recommend it highly. Never a problem!

me three on Mikes - love it!

I'm the odd person here I guess. I've been using the PC Newsletter for several months, and I love it. I've had a great response to it.

What I did though was go in and clean up all of my contacts before I opted in. Now it's much easier to maintain. I get one or two opt-outs per month...but I have a great open rate for it, and it's been fun to see the people who are viewing.

I always add a personal message in the space provided, and it's so easy. Plus, it's saving me money, since it's already included in the price of my website. The way I see it, it's doing the same job that I had before with Joy or Mike (I've used them both) in that it's keeping my name in front of my customers. I don't have time to mess with managing other stuff too. This is simple, easy, and quick.

My biggest beef with the PC newsletter is that it is consistently flagged as spam. When I send out invites via my website, MOST people do not even receive them because their ISP flags the email as spam. PC needs to work out that kink.

jwpamp said:
I also use Mike Mendyke's My EMail Design: http://www.myemaildesigns.com

I love his service...if you decide to use something different and go with him, use me as a referral!

Would anyone be willing to email some examples of their newsletter from Mike? I got a sample of his but I'd like to see how they really look and possibly a few samples. My email address is [email protected].

DebbieJ said:
My biggest beef with the PC newsletter is that it is consistently flagged as spam. When I send out invites via my website, MOST people do not even receive them because their ISP flags the email as spam. PC needs to work out that kink.

I have that problem with invitations all the time - but I haven't seen it so much with the Newsletter. I have a 35% open rate, which I'm told is excellent.

Sent you one, Melissa!

Chefbeckyd said:
I have that problem with invitations all the time - but I haven't seen it so much with the Newsletter. I have a 35% open rate, which I'm told is excellent.

Hmmmmm...............

Chefbeckyd said:
I'm the odd person here I guess. I've been using the PC Newsletter for several months, and I love it. I've had a great response to it. QUOTE]

I'm with you Becky. It is saving me money and times are tight here. It is all about staying infront of my customers. I like that I do not have to remember to send it out. I just goes out. Sometimes I customize the message sometimes I don't. I have found it really easy to work with.

just sent one to you Melissa

cookingwithlove said:
Chefbeckyd said:
I'm the odd person here I guess. I've been using the PC Newsletter for several months, and I love it. I've had a great response to it. QUOTE]

I'm with you Becky. It is saving me money and times are tight here. It is all about staying infront of my customers. I like that I do not have to remember to send it out. I just goes out. Sometimes I customize the message sometimes I don't. I have found it really easy to work with.

I could have written this. I tried some of the services but most of the time I just wrote my own each month. The PC newsletter goes out without me having to think and the way the last few months have gone for me that's a good thing. I sometimes personalize and sometimes don't. Depends.

I like the PC newsletter, just not the fact that when someone 'opts out' we have to go into our cons. connection and manually remove them...it's a big PIA.

I know there is a reason why it is not connected, but I cannot remember what it is at this point. It would be nice if it were a bit more user friendly. I do not normally send emails to my contact list off of the website so I don't run into the problem of people getting emails when they did not want them. Also, in HO defense there are 2 options for being removed presented to the customer. 1. is "unsubscribe" which takes them off the newsletter service and 2. is Remove from this list. I believe if they click remove from this list it will remove them completely.

Because of finances last fall, I had to opt out of icontact. My original list of contacts was much greater, therefore, I had to purchase a higher package. In the long run, I only was using half the capacity but paying the full price.

Glad that this thread was started because some people were still on the list. Luckily, I put opt out e-mails in a file just in case I mess up.

There are drawbacks to the HO letter, but the price it right. And like Beth, I like the fact that it goes out automatically.

I am using HO newsletter too and I love that it is automatic and I can easily update my contacts with just a few clicks. Since the price is now included in our websites it is the only way I can go. BUT I feel like my individual orders and outlet sales have gone down, is there anyway to send out a 2nd newsletter? Or use the customer connections and personalize it? There aren't many options for those customer connection emails.
I am not that newsletter savvy so I thought someone might be able to give me some insight.
Thanks

I had a very upset customer opt out of my newsletter the last time it was sent out. (Nothing I did, she was upset over a replacement part she ordered and couldn't get a refund on $2 and was irate over it). I apologized and sent her on her way to cs at HO and deleted her from my newsletter, customer connection and my personal e-mail.

To my frustration HO sent her a FYI your discount is about to expire e-mail a week later. Then I "got it" again from her on why I didn't delete her out. UGH! There has got to be a better way!!!

That said, I am overall happy with the newsletter. It saves me tons of time. I prob. don't get the response I did from Mike/I-contact, but I'm also not taking time to tweak it and send it. Plus I'm not spending $20/month for i-contact plus Mike's cost. I do miss having the opportunity to create my own sales/messages. I know we can with PC but come-on, it's a small space and if it's connection e-mails the part you add is so small & near the bottom it gets lost. Looking forward to writing some suggestions at conference.

I would like the option of a 2nd email a month too. Maybe that's something they'll offer at some point.

I am going to send out an email just through Customer Connection and this will kind of serve as a 2nd newsletter. I'm going to offer a sale this month (my month sucks and I need to get a better SAT level!) and I'm planning to announce it through there. so, that's one way you can send out a 2nd "newsletter" even though it won't be in that format and we won't get a report about clicks and opens.

pamperedbecky said:
I would like the option of a 2nd email a month too. Maybe that's something they'll offer at some point.

I am going to send out an email just through Customer Connection and this will kind of serve as a 2nd newsletter. I'm going to offer a sale this month (my month sucks and I need to get a better SAT level!) and I'm planning to announce it through there. so, that's one way you can send out a 2nd "newsletter" even though it won't be in that format and we won't get a report about clicks and opens.

I would love to have some idea what you send, I looked at all the templates and I didn't think any of them really had something I wanted to send. Which one are you using and how are you personalizing it?

cincychef said:
I would love to have some idea what you send, I looked at all the templates and I didn't think any of them really had something I wanted to send. Which one are you using and how are you personalizing it?

In May, I sent the one about HWC and included in the text an invitation to a HWC fundraiser I was doing. That got me quite a few online orders and one extra person who attended the FR that otherwise wouldn't have.

This month I was going to do the recruiting one and also announce the sale I'm doing.

I believe there's also one about visiting our websites or something like that that seemed like a pretty generic one. I haven't looked through them all lately, though.

What is the "Vent" section in the newsletter about?

The "Vent" section in the newsletter is a space for customers to share their feedback, concerns, or suggestions about Pampered Chef products or services. It is a platform for open communication and encourages honest discussions.

How often is the newsletter sent out?

The newsletter is sent out on a monthly basis. Subscribers can expect to receive it at the beginning of each month.

Can I unsubscribe from the newsletter?

Yes, you can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email. You can also manage your email preferences in your account settings on our website.

Are there any special offers or promotions included in the newsletter?

Yes, the newsletter often includes exclusive offers, promotions, and discounts for our subscribers. Be sure to check your email regularly so you don't miss out on any deals!

Can I submit my own content for the "You Tell Me" section of the newsletter?

Yes, we love hearing from our customers! You can submit your own recipes, tips, or product reviews for a chance to be featured in the "You Tell Me" section of the newsletter. Simply email your submission to the email address provided in the newsletter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • esavvymom
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706