• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vent - Husband Not Excited for Me to Go to Leadership Conf.

In summary, your husband is supportive of your new role as a director, but he is reluctant to travel for work. You plan to take a cruise next summer to win over his objections.
pc_momof3
Hello everyone,
I have just signed 3 recruits in 48 hours which I cannot believe but am thrilled. These are my 3rd, 4th, and 5th. So now I need to wait for them to qualify and I'll be a Director!! My hubby's usually good about taking care of the kids for shows and stuff (I stay home during the day with them), but not so good about the big picture and isn't real anxious for me to go to National Conferences and Leadership, etc. However, I WILL be going in January to walk across stage, and hopefully I'll be bringing him on a cruise next year to help him see the big picture. Anyway, any words of wisdom on emphasizing how important Leadership will be with me walking across stage as a Director to help make him understand? I think he still thinks this is just fun money and still not a serious thing (I've been doing this 6 years - you'd think he would get it, although all my recruits have happened within the last year) even though I've been telling him more about my commission and stuff lately -- I pay the bills so he doesn't really pay attention to money too much. I think some of his hesitation is that our children are 6, 4 and 1...but hey nobody's nursing anymore and my hubby has plenty of vacation time to use...so I think going is a no-brainer! Anyone else have this happen? What'd you do to get them to change their mind/attitude? :confused:

Sorry. No help from me...mine was all OK with PC when it was a "hobby" but now that I want to be doing something two nights a week, and possibly having him help out while I make phone calls another, I get grumbling.

I just wanted to say I understand!

I have heard MANY times over once they go on a trip, they never look back and are excited about your job from then on!!

I have no idea! My DH isn't thrilled about me going... AND WE LIVE IN CINCINNATI!!! He is annoyed because I'm insting on staying downtown instead of having to fight traffice to drive in and park each day.

Congratulations on your recruits! That is a fantastic accomplishment.

Since you pay the bills, maybe you should give your DH a tour through the checkbook and show him just how much your PC money contributes to your family. Have a heart to heart talk to let him know how important this is to you and maybe he will understand. Also, maybe you can take him with you to NC next sumer - that will open his eyes!

Good luck!

You guys are encouraging!Thanks for the help already! Kelly - I thought mine was the only husband who grumbles on occasion -- kinda same thing, he was fine with it a hobby, now on the verge of directorship I think he's getting nervous or something. That is a lot of why I really want to go on the cruise next year -- so he understands!!

Last edited:
pamperedlinda said:
Since you pay the bills, maybe you should give your DH a tour through the checkbook and show him just how much your PC money contributes to your family.

My suggestion to everyone who has "money issues" with their spouse is to pay bills together. Each person should know what's going on with the income being generated. This is going to help show the seriousness of you/your business.

I don't know what your husband does for a living but many companies offer training throughout the year for their employees. I think when you work on your own (like we do) the opportunites to gather and learn with others become even more important. Because you are moving up "into management", you need the extra training to assist your team.

After you take him on the cruise his objections to you attending conferences should go down. :D

My DH was very supportive about me being a director and making sure i went to leadership and helped me with making sure i got to go and when i got home he wanted to see all the information and my pictures and after i got my 1st director pay check he really started seeing the big picture and became more involved and when i had to take a break almost a year he backed me up on it when my whole team quit and when i decided to start back up selling he was totally understandable and said i was waiting for you to LOL i told him tonight i want to be a director again and he said how can i help so just hang in there after you promote something changes it really does and he comes around excepically after he sees the paycheck and the trips like you are planning on doing for him.

This is a great thread. My husband and I were discussing leadership yesterday. I have someone who plans to sign on Friday and that will give me 2 active recruits ... and since I won a free night in Cincinnati how can I NOT go??? So he was asking me why I want to and why I should etc .. and God just led us into a conversation about how I want to give others the gift that I've been given and it's not all about the overrides and the promotion but so much about helping someone else succeed. I hope that makes sense ...maybe realizing that it's also something to do with others would give him a different take on leadership?? Who knows? It's hard when they don't seem to understand but when I told my DH the angle of helping others it made more sense to him. His big question was about whether our county and community could handle more consultants and I was thankful that there had been a thread about that last week.

First, just be happy for recruits! 3 in 48 hours is AWESOME! I'm toasting you as I right (with a cup coffee - sorry to early for champagne).

When my husband and I were first married he complained a lot a project I took on, and I point blank said, "So what I hear you saying is that you do not want to support me. This is something I feel is important not only to me but to us (we didn't have kids at the time), and this is an area in my life in which you do want to participate." He quickly realized how 1950's his thinking was, and we've never had a problem since. You might be able to go a step further and say do you not like the income I bring in? I can stop doing shows and then all the financial matters will fall completely on you. Pretty bold, but I don't the relationship you have...I'd be able to say it to my hubby.

1. Can I still attend the leadership conference even if my husband is not excited about it?

Yes, absolutely! The leadership conference is a great opportunity for personal and professional growth, and it is open to all consultants regardless of their partner's enthusiasm.

2. How can I convince my husband to support me attending the leadership conference?

Communication and compromise are key. Have an open and honest conversation with your husband about why attending the conference is important to you, and try to find a compromise that works for both of you. You could also offer to involve him in the planning process or suggest a fun activity for him to do while you are at the conference.

3. Will there be opportunities for my husband to get involved at the conference?

While the leadership conference is primarily for consultants, there may be some events or activities that are open to spouses or partners. You can check the conference schedule or reach out to the event organizers for more information.

4. How can I make the most out of the leadership conference despite my husband's lack of support?

Remember that the conference is for you and your personal growth. Try to focus on the valuable knowledge and skills you will gain from attending, and surround yourself with supportive colleagues and friends at the event.

5. Will there be any resources or workshops at the conference specifically for dealing with unsupportive partners?

The conference may not have specific resources or workshops for this issue, but there will be plenty of opportunities to network and connect with other consultants who may have similar experiences and offer advice and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen2u
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Pam Moore
  • Trish1953
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • crystalscookingnow