• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting About My Mistake: Missing Item on Host's Order and SS3 Bonus Lost

P
pc_am1
I just need to vent to people who will understand. Jan was SS3 for me and late last night I submitted my last 2 shows. I forgot to add an item on one of my host's orders! Now because of that I am not getting my SS3 bonus and when I called Customer Service they said sorry we can't add even though of course my order hasn't been shipped out yet. I even tried called back to hopefully talk to a "nicer" person who is more understanding. Worst part is I am $12 away! If you have any suggestions please let me know but I think I did all that I could by calling twice! :(

Oh wow, I can totally understand why you'd be frustrated! You would think they'd be able to adjust it since you just sent it in!

Completely understandHi,

I totally understand. Though my mistake was completely different, though it was a big one for me only.

I was in the process of moving and I needed to stay active. I was at my mom's house and a lady I met heard I was a consultant and wanted a catalog show, so I did one. I wasn't looking in the right place when I thought that I had a $200 show and was $37 away. I ended up going inactive. Needless to say, I was inactive for a year. Just could connect with the new area. Moved again and now I'm doing okay.

But I called several times and they couldn't do anything for me.

I don't have any suggestions, but I do have a shoulder!

LaVonna

I forgot to add the hostess special one time. I called to see if they could add it and they said no. I was just lucky I had another hostess not want it, so I added it to her order. Once they receive an order, it is final. I doubt they will fix it for you. What a bummer. :(

Same thing happened to me, but they did add it. Not sure why it made a difference, but they did. It was for the host wanting the Easy Accent Decorator for her 30% off.

This is one of the things my director warned me about. She said- and I can't remember exact details- that a consultant missed out on a trip by only a couple dollars!!! She had added wrong. It has made me very cautious when hitting that send button.

pc_am1,

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you! :eek: :mad:

It won't help you for this month but here's a suggestion in case that happens to anyone in the future:

You realized that you were only a little bit away and you had the additional order. Since it would have changed what you earned I would submit the additional item as an individual order under the buyer's name and eat the shipping cost. It would be worth it!

Another suggestion is to always check your individual tracker and your total COMMISSIONABLE sales before hitting send.

And don't wait until the last day of the month unless you don't have a choice. If you have submitted what you think is enough by at least 2 days before month end you can always scare up a $20 order if you mis-figured and have that time once you see PC's final figures. If nothing else, have a list of gifts that you need to purchase during the year and get them when this kind of thing happens but remember to purchase them in the name of the person you are giving them to so they count as commissionable sales - if you send it in YOUR name PC will not count it and you still fall short.

Policies strengthen our integrityAt one conference (25th?) Doris was talking about hiring someone to run her office as the business grew too big for Doris to handle. They had set policies and the office manager was sticking to them. Consultants that didn't like the answer from the OM were calling Doris and with her soft heart would allow additional orders, etc to be submitted. The OM came to Doris and basically said that she had been hired to do a job and if Doris wanted the company to have integrity they needed to abide by the set policies...no exceptions. One of the things that I truly love about this company is the high level of integrity they display. Yes, we all have had those times when we have miscalculated or had to suffer because of a mistake but ALL consultants are treated the same. I lost my directorship a few years ago because a consultant SWORE she overnighted her show. Turned out she sent it USPS and not FedEx and it arrived on the 1st of the month. I missed my sales by $175 (this was before performance tracker) ...an amount I would have gladly submitted to keep directorship. This was under the old policy when you didn't have a second chance and 3 months to come back. I lost everyone permanently!

Missing a bonus or a trip stinks but if they began making exceptions, eventually no one would follow the policies because they would know that making a phone call would take care of it. Think of the nightmare that would create at the home office...trying to fix orders after they were submitted, etc.

Sorry...didn't mean to sound like I was jumping on a soapbox :eek:

GeorgiaPeach said:
At one conference (25th?) Doris was talking about hiring someone to run her office as the business grew too big for Doris to handle. They had set policies and the office manager was sticking to them. Consultants that didn't like the answer from the OM were calling Doris and with her soft heart would allow additional orders, etc to be submitted. The OM came to Doris and basically said that she had been hired to do a job and if Doris wanted the company to have integrity they needed to abide by the set policies...no exceptions. One of the things that I truly love about this company is the high level of integrity they display. Yes, we all have had those times when we have miscalculated or had to suffer because of a mistake but ALL consultants are treated the same. I lost my directorship a few years ago because a consultant SWORE she overnighted her show. Turned out she sent it USPS and not FedEx and it arrived on the 1st of the month. I missed my sales by $175 (this was before performance tracker) ...an amount I would have gladly submitted to keep directorship. This was under the old policy when you didn't have a second chance and 3 months to come back. I lost everyone permanently!

Missing a bonus or a trip stinks but if they began making exceptions, eventually no one would follow the policies because they would know that making a phone call would take care of it. Think of the nightmare that would create at the home office...trying to fix orders after they were submitted, etc.

Sorry...didn't mean to sound like I was jumping on a soapbox :eek:

It was probably at the 25th nat conf because it was in her book that came out.

My director/recruiter told some of us how she "lost" one of her downline's $15,000 career sales. I can't remember the details too well but somehow she cost the consultant her career sales by the difference of $2 or less. The consultant is hobbyist and I think she was on the verge of going inactive and just missed it. The director said it was her fault and offered to call HO and try to make amends but the consultant said not to. They sort of joke/tease about it...the consultant is still a hobbyist and loving it. :cool:
Sandi

I've lost my career sales a few times, I would be well over $75,000 by now, but went inactive twice because of family issues at the time. My husband gets so mad about it, but I regret it. But like someone else said, they can't make exceptions or it would be a nightmare at HO.

Live and learn is my new motto!! And don't ever let it happen again!

ange

I lost directorship and all my recruits as well seven years ago. It was a bum rap, but I agree with you all that the policies have to be followed or HO would be a mess, not to mention possible lawsuits.
Couldn't get the fire back under me and fizzled out. I'd been missing it for a few years, and here I am again.

(This is not the story I tell in my recruiting shpeel though. :)

So sorry you missed ss3 by that little.

Kris

1. Why is the missing item on my host's order causing me to lose my SS3 bonus?

The SS3 bonus is dependent on meeting certain criteria, including submitting all shows on time and reaching a certain sales amount. By missing an item on your host's order, you may not meet the required sales amount, resulting in the loss of your bonus.

2. Is there any way to fix my mistake and still receive the SS3 bonus?

Unfortunately, once the order has been submitted, it cannot be changed. However, you can try reaching out to Customer Service and explaining your situation to see if they can make an exception.

3. Why won't Customer Service add the missing item to my order?

Customer Service representatives are trained to follow company policies and procedures. In this case, they are not able to make any changes to an order once it has been submitted.

4. Can I earn the SS3 bonus in future months if I missed it this month?

Yes, the SS3 bonus is a monthly incentive, so you can still work towards earning it in the following months.

5. What should I do in the future to prevent this from happening again?

It's always a good idea to double check your orders before submitting them to make sure all items are included. You can also set reminders or make a checklist to help you remember all necessary items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisaw
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • lt1jane
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Kanne