• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hunting Venison for My Male Recruit's Show: A Recipe Challenge!

The meat is not pre-cooked before you put it in the mixture. You should preheat the oven to 375 degrees before you put the mixture in.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
My new male recruit has a show next week (that was booked tonight!) and the host is going hunting morning of. The host is hoping to have some venison at the show. Anyone have a recipe that we can turn PC?

any venison recipes would be great! My best friends's husband often gives me venison and I just use the ground venison like I would use ground beef.
Otherwise, I can be of no help! sorry~;)

Stroganoff- could use the Power Cooking recipe

Have them cut out the backstrap(really tender cut), cut into medalions, season with Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic Rub, then sear in the grill pan.

bump bump bump

Oh my, that's hypocritical to use the backstrap in stroganoff! :p

Backstraps have to be enjoyed and savored without a cream sauce!

I recommend going to tasteofhome.com and searching for venison recipes there, they have some great ones!

Oh no I dont use the backstrap for Stroganoff. Only for Medalions. I use the roasts for Stroganoff.

View attachment Larry's deer tracks.doc

My boyfriend uses the mini muffin pan & mini tart shaper when he does this recipe. You could use the batter bowl for the dough & he uses "his" forged cutlery 7" Santoku anytime he is cutting anything up.

Here's a website that my brother-in-law sent me. He "leads" hunts in Arizona, and passed this on.

http://www.brokenarrowranch.com/Articles/Articles-CookingVenison.htm

I just had some venison cubed steak tonight for dinner - I usually flour it up like regular cubed steak and make a pan gravy w/ it but this time I fried it in the skillet with salt, pepper, garlic powder and it was good.

Last night I used some Deer Sausage (it's made like kielbasa) and cooked it with cabbage and potatoes

Last week, I used some ground meat and made meatloaf - it, too, was really good. I've also used the ground meat for spaghetti, tacos, and hamburgers. I made the hamburgers really big thinking they would shrink in the pan - but, there was hardly any fat in the meat so it did not shrink at all. You should have seen us trying to eat just one hamburger. :~D

chefmoseley said:
My new male recruit has a show next week (that was booked tonight!) and the host is going hunting morning of. The host is hoping to have some venison at the show. Anyone have a recipe that we can turn PC?

Better have a back up in case he misses!:D

The coconut chicken curry from 29 Minutes To Dinner is excellent with venison.

If he's handy and manages to get a great tenderloin off, have him try the 10 Minute BBQ Pork recipe. Also, the Moroccan Spice Rub is AWESOME on Venison - maybe use that inplace of the BBQ Rub.

kaseydee said:
View attachment 12796

My boyfriend uses the mini muffin pan & mini tart shaper when he does this recipe. You could use the batter bowl for the dough & he uses "his" forged cutlery 7" Santoku anytime he is cutting anything up.

Is the meat in this pre-cooked before you put it in the mixture? Doesn't seem like 3-5 minutes in the oven is enough to cook it....

1. What is the best way to prepare venison for a recipe challenge?

The best way to prepare venison for a recipe challenge is to start by marinating the meat in a mixture of your choice. This will help tenderize the meat and infuse it with flavor. Then, cook the venison over high heat to sear the outside and lock in the juices. Finally, finish cooking the meat to your desired level of doneness.

2. How can I ensure that the venison is cooked to the right temperature?

The best way to ensure the venison is cooked to the right temperature is to use a meat thermometer. The ideal internal temperature for venison is 140°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, and 170°F for well-done. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the meat to get an accurate reading.

3. What are some tips for creating a unique and flavorful venison dish?

One tip for creating a unique and flavorful venison dish is to pair the meat with complementary flavors and ingredients. For example, you can try adding a fruit-based glaze or a savory spice rub to enhance the natural flavors of the venison. Additionally, incorporating different cooking methods, such as grilling or braising, can add depth to the dish.

4. Can I use any type of cut of venison for the recipe challenge?

Yes, you can use any type of cut of venison for the recipe challenge. However, keep in mind that different cuts have different levels of tenderness and require different cooking methods. For example, a tenderloin can be cooked quickly over high heat, while a tougher cut, like a shoulder or shank, may need to be braised or slow-cooked.

5. How can I make sure my venison dish is not gamey?

To ensure that your venison dish is not gamey, start by properly handling and storing the meat. Make sure to remove any excess fat or silver skin, as these can contribute to a gamey flavor. You can also try marinating the venison in an acidic mixture, such as vinegar or citrus juice, to help tenderize the meat and reduce any gamey taste. Finally, make sure to cook the meat properly and not overcook it, as this can also intensify the gamey flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gailz2
  • chefmelody
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies