• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Delicious Venison Recipes for the DCB and Oven | Tried and Tested Tips

In summary, the DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile stoneware piece from Pampered Chef that is perfect for cooking venison. It can be used in both the oven and microwave, but it's important to follow recipe instructions for best results. Tips for tender and delicious venison include marinating the meat and adding a small amount of liquid. The DCB can also be used for other types of meat and even vegetarian dishes. Just adjust cooking times and temperatures accordingly.
raebates
Staff member
Anyone tried to cook venison in the DCB in the microwave? In the oven? Have any recipes to share? I've got a customer who's asking.

TIA!

I tend to only grill my venison, but I would use a similar cook time as a good cut of beef.

My customer usually roasts hers in the oven. She asked if she could use the DBC to cook venison in the microwave, and if it tasted good that way.

I wouldn't try venison in the microwave. Venison is like beef, where it's better to roast it long and slow. But that's just my two cents....with the rate of inflation, not worth much, probably!

I hate venison, but I'm inclined to agree. Venison has very little fat, so slower roasting in the oven is best.

That was my thought, Becky. I was just hoping that someone had tried it.

I've cooked a lot of venison - but never in the microwave. I have done it in the DCB in the oven - I usually follow the directions for beef of the same weight.

Thanks. I'll suggest that she simply use it for her regular roasting recipe.

raebates said:
Anyone tried to cook venison in the DCB in the microwave? In the oven? Have any recipes to share? I've got a customer who's asking.

I just did a venison tenderloin last week in the DCB in the microwave. It took very little time and came out tender. Be sure not to overcook it.

So Dotty, you did it in the microwave??? How long???

Good to know, Dotty. Thanks. Any suggestions for my customer?

You might find some ideas in here: http://www.tasteofhomedigital.com/tasteofhome/huntingNfishing

It has a whole section of venison recipes (not for the microwave, but can probably be adapted).

What is the DCB and how do I use it for venison recipes?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile piece of stoneware from Pampered Chef that is perfect for cooking venison. To use it for venison recipes, simply preheat the DCB in the oven and then add your seasoned venison and desired ingredients. Cover with the lid and cook according to the recipe instructions.

Can I use the DCB for both oven and microwave cooking?

Yes, the DCB is safe for both oven and microwave use. However, it is recommended to always follow the recipe instructions for cooking times and temperatures to ensure the best results.

What are some tips for ensuring tender and delicious venison when using the DCB?

One tip is to marinate your venison before cooking to help tenderize the meat. Another tip is to add a small amount of liquid, such as broth or wine, to the DCB before cooking to keep the meat moist. Additionally, make sure to not overcook the venison to prevent it from becoming tough.

Can I cook other types of meat in the DCB using these venison recipes?

Yes, the DCB can be used for a variety of meats, including beef, chicken, and pork. Just adjust the cooking times and temperatures accordingly to ensure the meat is cooked to the appropriate internal temperature.

Are there any vegetarian options for using the DCB?

Yes, the DCB can also be used to cook vegetarian dishes such as roasted vegetables, casseroles, and even desserts. Just follow the recipe instructions and use your imagination to create delicious meat-free meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • chefpenny99
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci