• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success at an Outdoor Vendor Show: Tips for New Consultants

P
PamperedByJulie
I'm a new consultant and have purchased a booth at an annual event offered in a neighboring city the first Saturday in June. There's no electricity and the booth is outside.

I would like some tips and advice on how to make this vendor show successful.

• I have a few products that I purchased to sell as "cash and carry." My real goals are catalog sales and to get bookings off the event. Time is short, so I'm not sure I can get any more products to sell.

• I intend to do an hourly drawing where the winner gets $5 in free product value (7 drawings altogether).

• I'll have the SS kit materials and the contents of the large Summer Sample Products on display.

• Catalogs and order forms are not an issue, I have plenty of both.

• I'll have plenty of host information on hand.

I appreciate any input you guys have. Suggestions that don't cost a lot would be nice. I did one vendor show earlier this month and it didn't work out too well, but it was my first one. I want to make this one a success.

Thanks
Julie

Here are tips I have from others about fairs and similar events.

Attachments

• tips.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 709
  • So You signed Up for a Fair.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 955
  • Compilation of Fairs and Festivals.doc
    34 KB · Views: 1,025
ThanksPamperedGinger - Thanks for the great information.

Does anyone else have any input or advice for me? I really want to make this event a good experience. I'll take advice on both things I should and should not do since both are vital to success.

Thanks

sorry!! havent done any!!!!

For shows without electricity (which are most of them), I usually bring some sort of food to entice people in. If I have time, I will make little chocolate chip cookies. If not, I usually bring the dips in the chillzanne bowls. I bring pretzel sticks for dipping - they are inexpensive and only allow one dip.

Don't feel like you need to bring any food. Your products alone are enough to entice people. Set up your display so that people will be drawn into seeing what you have to offer. I usually put the new products out in front or colorful products to draw attention.

I do offer a free prize drawing, but I have tons of extra products. If not, offer a free kitchen show. The idea with fairs is to get leads for shows and potential consultants. If you don't get their information, you end up with no leads.

If your director or recruiter has OLD catalogs, these are the ones I usually pass out at fairs. I let people know that I have a newer catalog I can send to them. That way I'm not passing out my current catalogs. Your recruiter or director should have plenty for your to use.

I do offer an incentive if they place an order within 2 days (10% off). If I give them a catalog, I do get their information so I can follow-up. People will generally NOT contact you if you give them a catalog. You have to follow-up.

The thing about fairs is the fortune is in the follow-up. If you don't get information, you leave with nothing.

Have lots of opportunity packets made up so people who might be interested in having their own business can get information. You will once again want to get their information.

I've attached a prize drawing slip that is easier for fairs. This comes from the Lemonaid Lady's suggestion last year at conference.

Attachments

• fair prize drawing slip.doc
    25 KB · Views: 732

1. How can I make my booth stand out at the outdoor vendor show?

One way to make your booth stand out is by using colorful and eye-catching displays. You can also consider using banners or signs to draw attention to your booth. Additionally, consider having a unique and inviting set-up, such as offering samples or demonstrations of your products.

2. What are some tips for maximizing sales at the outdoor vendor show?

Be sure to engage with potential customers and make a good first impression. Have a variety of products available for purchase and consider offering special discounts or promotions for attendees. Additionally, make sure to have clear pricing and product information displayed.

3. How can I generate catalog sales and bookings at the vendor show?

Make sure to have plenty of catalogs and order forms available for attendees to take with them. You can also offer special discounts or incentives for attendees who book a party or event with you at the show. Consider having a sign-up sheet for interested customers to receive more information or join your mailing list.

4. How can I effectively use giveaways or drawings to attract customers?

Offering hourly drawings or giveaways can be a great way to attract customers to your booth. Make sure to have clear and visible signage promoting the drawing and the prize. You can also consider offering a small discount or incentive for those who enter the drawing to encourage more participation.

5. What other materials should I have on hand at the vendor show?

In addition to catalogs and order forms, make sure to have plenty of business cards and flyers with your contact information. You can also have host information and materials available for those interested in hosting a party or event with you. Make sure to have enough of each item to last throughout the entire event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jkowalski
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jla8279
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
esavvymom