• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Did You Make Your Vendor Event So Successful?

P
PamperedByJulie
Hey everyone

I wanted to say thanks to all the people who post things on this forum. I participated in a city-wide annual garage sale on Saturday and it went really well. My success can be credited to many of you on this site who have posted all sorts of tips and tricks about doing fairs, expos, etc.

In the end, I did an hourly gift certificate for $5 and a grand prize (free ingredients for a kitchen show). I got 60 names from the event, 4 of which indicated they wanted to host. After I drew the names for the GCs, I started calling everyone else to say each person won a free kitchen show and already have one show booked from that. So far, I've called about 1/2 the people and plan to do more tomorrow. I'm actually off to a kitchen show tonight (not booked from this). On top of that, I got 4 orders (people who came to me to order) and sold about half the things I brought as cash & carry. My best seller was the PC HWC pins - part of the price will be donated to ACS from me along with the rest of the donation for May. I had a lot of extras because the HWC products didn't sell as well as I had hoped.

If you don't know about the discount for making copies at Office Max, be sure to look on the main PC website for details. We can make copies for 1/2 price and that saved me a ton of money because I gave out a tri-fold flyer instead of catalogs. I included my monthly specials, the PC montly specials, the new mid-season products, a recipe, my information, etc. I also had a display board with information on other great things (gift certs, pampered bride, etc) from the PC and the actual fliers for the monthly specials.

My SS2 month is going to be great - I'll be able to get the US&G along with the fall products.

Thanks again to everyone.

So was this at your house - at your garage sale? We are having a city wide garage sale this weekend & I wanted to promote my business. How did you lay your items out? Did you have a few catalogs on display - did you have product on display?

detailsThis event was in the downtown area of a neighboring city where the vendors paid to rent a 10x10 space. I had one table where I set up products for demo purposes and one table where I set up products for sale. There were two streets closed to traffic and people could go from booth to booth to see what all was available. There were garage sale items, arts & crafts, food, me, Tupperware, Cookie Lee jewlery, Mary Kay, and more.

Share the trifold??That is awesome!! I love the tri-fold idea! Can you share your copy? I would love to see it. I do lots of fairs and bazaars and get tired of spending $1.06 to mail out a catalog to everyone after the event or pass out catalogs without getting contact info first. TIA!! :)

receiptsHow do you give out receipts for cash and carry items? Since they weren't ordered in the person's name....how do they get a receipt if they need to return something?

Office Max discountI believe the discount is different for different areas b/c we only get 20% off at my store. So people might want to ask.

I really like the tri-fold idea, it's sound really great. I'm sick also to give out catalog for people that wont old a show or order it does get expensif. Can you share your flyer?
Thanks,
sweet

Cash and Carry receiptsWhen I sell cash and carry items I use a receipt book, purchased at Office Max for around $2. I pre-stamp them with my info including phone. I tell the customer to save the receipt and if they have any problems with the item and would like to return it to contact me. Then I can come up with receipt for the original purchase. People do not usually save the receipts, and I have never had anyone contact me about a return from a cash and carry item.

thanksthanks for the information on the receipts!!

Tri-FoldJulie,
I would love it if you could send me or attach your tri-fold brochure so everyone can see!
Congratulations on a fantastic job!
Thanks, Angela

tri foldcould you email me also

here's the tri foldI've been gone a bit, sorry for the delay. Here's the brochure that I used. As for receipts, I didn't give any out for the cash & carry. I used the 3 ply receipts for orders at the garage sale because it gave a detailed receipt to people I barely knew, thus established some credibility. At shows, I use the outside order form and write the total paid on the back of a business card.

Julie

Attachments

• fair flyer - share.doc
    71 KB · Views: 920
Can someone convert that one...all I got was the little picture in the upper left corner. Thanks in advance! :)

I got FOUR pics! Woo hoo!

Paula in TN

Julie,
I liked that stone dollar days idea in your flyer about whatever day of the month you hold your show is what price the round stone is for the host- very cool. I bet you could get alot of shows booked for the first couple of weeks of the month. :p

I don't know how to convert files. What do you want it converted to? I did move a couple things around for everything to fit in my word document because when I opened it somethings were covering up other things in the document. I'll attach it. Maybe it will work better for you.

Attachments

• trifoldforfair(dollardays).doc
    70.5 KB · Views: 730
Janel,

I just have a crummy word processor. It doesn't always let me view doc files well, and forget about saving them to my hard drive and viewing them later! :p I don't think it has anything to do with your layout, just my system.

Paula in TN

Tri foldJulie,
I have been looking for a fair or something of that sort to do in my area. I would love to see your tri fold flyer. PLEASE send me a copy!!!! This is my first month as a consultant. I am having a hard time finding bookings for July! Does anyone have any suggestions?

tif2kids,
The attachment for the trifold flyer is posted above this reply. just click on where it says fair flyer and open it. As for getting bookings in july. I have found one of the best way to get bookings is to enitice hosts through the monthly host specials. Go to your list of 100 and call everyone letting them know what the host special is for July. There are alot of good ideas on this website so you have come to the right place. Read through the threads under "bookings" and you'll get a ton of ideas. Good luck

1. How did you attract people to your vendor event?

I used various strategies to attract people to my vendor event. Firstly, I advertised the event on social media platforms and local community groups. I also created promotional materials such as flyers and posters to distribute in the neighborhood. Additionally, I offered attractive deals and discounts to entice potential customers.

2. What type of incentives did you offer to increase customer engagement?

I offered two types of incentives to increase customer engagement. Firstly, I had an hourly gift certificate for $5, which encouraged attendees to stay longer at the event. Secondly, I had a grand prize of free ingredients for a kitchen show, which motivated people to enter their names and contact information for a chance to win.

3. How did you follow up with potential customers after the event?

After the event, I contacted everyone who entered their names for the gift certificate and grand prize to let them know they had won a free kitchen show. This not only created excitement but also gave me the opportunity to book shows with interested individuals. I also followed up with those who showed interest in hosting a show by calling and emailing them to schedule a date.

4. What other strategies did you use to increase sales?

In addition to offering incentives and following up with potential customers, I also had cash and carry items available for immediate purchase. I also utilized the PC HWC pins as a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, which not only helped a good cause but also increased sales. Additionally, I had a display board with information on other products and services offered by Pampered Chef to generate interest and potential future sales.

5. How did you save money on promotional materials for the event?

I saved money on promotional materials by taking advantage of the discount for making copies at Office Max, which is available to Pampered Chef consultants. This allowed me to create a tri-fold flyer with all the necessary information about the event without spending too much on printing costs. I also utilized the promotional materials provided by Pampered Chef, such as monthly specials and new product information, to further reduce costs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sara Dawn
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • ChefLisa