• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do When Starting a Pampered Chef Business? Suggestions Here!

In summary, the womens expo vendor cost is $150. They expect a couple thousand people and only take 1 vendor from the same company.
rchamelin
vendor cost*updated with other ? at post5*I contacted a womens expo, which honestly would be a GREAT opportunity to start my PC business, since I am just starting, and I asked them if they were looking for vendors and how much it would cost and told them who I was. Well she said they were $150 for the booth, they expect a couple thousand people, and that she only does it where 1 person from each branch...ex 1 jewelery, 1pc, 1avon ect and she does not take more than 1 from the same company and she has had 2 other interest from other PC consultant(honestly I haven't heard of any pc here and i have been asking around, but it is a military town). Well here is the deal, I can take my first check and buy the booth but that will drain me of all my funds, i only set up so much for me use towards my business because I refuse to go into debt over it like i did 6 years ago when i was selling slumber parties. And I will not be able to purchases new items and expand my business any other way so if its a bust and I don't get any show. Is it worth it since I am new in this area and do not know too many people. I have only 2 friends trying to host a party for me, one is sounding like possibly a bust, the other has a craft night for the local moms club on friday nights,same time shes going to do the party, and I am the only one that shows up.
what do i do, any suggestions

Last edited:
Given what you've shared so far I would say no.

Sounds pretty expensive for what it is. Bear in mind it's her job to sell the booth space - it's part of how they make their money.

I would ask if they've had PC in the past and if so whether or not the same consultant ever participated more than once. If they've had consultants in the past and none have repeated I would say no for sure.

One question I always ask myself in situations like this is "if I could spend this amount of money any way I wanted to help me promote and grow my business, what would I do"

I could do a lot of different things over the course of several months for $150.

Just my 2 cents. Your mileage may vary. Good luck!

Another option would be to see if you could share the cost and the time with someone. You do the morning, she does the afternoon, or the other way around.

I took a chance last fall on an outdoor garden fair. It was $100 for my space. A friend got me in but the coordinator wasn't pleased that I was there so I got a lousy spot. Even so, I sold almost $400, which covered my entrance fee, plus I got 2 cooking shows, 1 new consultant, and another potential from one of the shows. Definitely worth my time and money!

If contacts is what you need then vendor events are the way to go. I would investigate as the last poster says, about whether they've had pc consultants before etc. But a person not returning does not always mean it was a bad investment for them. They could have moved, be busy that day, have stopped selling pc, or frankly had a bad experience because they didn't present themselves well, follow up, or engage people.

See what information you can find out from the vendor coordinator and if you can get contact info for the other pc consultants. Good luck!

My first thought would be to split it with someone. I would look into the hours, if it's all day or a weekend, you could look at splitting the shifts. If it's just a few hours, you could work it together. If there is suppose to be that many people it might help to have two people there to keep everybody happy with questions, placing orders, ect. Since you don't know anybody maybe you could ask the coordinator to put you in touch with one of the other consultants.My one thing with vendor things is to always ask myself what my time is worth. Depending on how many hours is $150 or even $75 worth it for you?

I think its only2days...i think i am opting to keep it on the back burner for next year...as i said i am new with limited funds so i don't want to get off in debt. I did get a phone call today from a lady who is from a church that is hosting a fair with rides and such, she said if the weather is good, they can see a LOT of people and for events at that location usually gets a lot of community there that its also announced now on the popular website of the tricounty and more... For 3days its $60 and in almost 3months. She said they send everyone through the vendor building before they can get to the games and rides. She said she has had vendors for kitchen stuff before and she always suggest for them to do a little demo but most turn there noses up saying i shouldnt have to demo it and she who loves kitchen stuff and loves to buy kitchen stuff(i think when i finish i may hand deliver her a little something and talk to her about hosting a show for her and/or the church, maybe fundraiser?) but it turns her off when they are like that and a lot of people have told her they would feel more comfortable buying something if they see how it works...i was thinking about bringing my microwave and demo every like4 hours and have a count down clock on my ipad on when the next show will be with a chart of the show times...maybe featuring the dcb chocolate cake, chip maker, and a few more. Any suggestions. I dont want to be where people eat their dinner at my booth, so i was thinking sample cups...my home IS 30 mins away so i really can not run home or have dh run something to me like that...because i will do that, i may be able to get her to make an announcement over the big speakers demo in 5 mins

rchamelin said:
I think its only2days...i think i am opting to keep it on the back burner for next year...as i said i am new with limited funds so i don't want to get off in debt. I did get a phone call today from a lady who is from a church that is hosting a fair with rides and such, she said if the weather is good, they can see a LOT of people and for events at that location usually gets a lot of community there that its also announced now on the popular website of the tricounty and more... For 3days its $60 and in almost 3months. She said they send everyone through the vendor building before they can get to the games and rides. She said she has had vendors for kitchen stuff before and she always suggest for them to do a little demo but most turn there noses up saying i shouldnt have to demo it and she who loves kitchen stuff and loves to buy kitchen stuff(i think when i finish i may hand deliver her a little something and talk to her about hosting a show for her and/or the church, maybe fundraiser?) but it turns her off when they are like that and a lot of people have told her they would feel more comfortable buying something if they see how it works...i was thinking about bringing my microwave and demo every like4 hours and have a count down clock on my ipad on when the next show will be with a chart of the show times...maybe featuring the dcb chocolate cake, chip maker, and a few more. Any suggestions. I dont want to be where people eat their dinner at my booth, so i was thinking sample cups...my home IS 30 mins away so i really can not run home or have dh run something to me like that...because i will do that, i may be able to get her to make an announcement over the big speakers demo in 5 mins

you can offer tastings of the pantry samples. those work well. the oil dipping seasonings don't need to be refrigerated unlike traditional dips. get some plain crackers and let them do it that way.

I find that places charge more if you need electricity because those spaces are often fewer than those who don't.

make sure you can provide samples check with the health dept.

1. Can I start a Pampered Chef business part-time?

Yes, you can definitely start a Pampered Chef business part-time. Many Pampered Chef consultants have other jobs or responsibilities and run their businesses on the side. As long as you are able to dedicate some time and effort, you can be successful in your Pampered Chef business.

2. What are the initial costs to start a Pampered Chef business?

The initial cost to start a Pampered Chef business is a $109 starter kit, which includes a variety of products, business supplies, and training materials. There are also optional add-ons and upgrades available at an additional cost, but they are not necessary to get started.

3. How do I find customers for my Pampered Chef business?

There are many ways to find customers for your Pampered Chef business. You can start by reaching out to friends and family, hosting cooking parties or demonstrations, and utilizing social media to promote your business. You can also attend local events and fairs to showcase your products and services.

4. What kind of training and support is provided for Pampered Chef consultants?

Pampered Chef provides extensive training and support for their consultants. They offer online training courses, in-person meetings and events, and a community of experienced consultants who are always willing to help and share their knowledge. Additionally, Pampered Chef has a dedicated field support team to assist with any questions or concerns.

5. Can I sell Pampered Chef products online?

Yes, you can sell Pampered Chef products online through your personal website. However, it is important to note that the majority of sales are generated through in-person parties and demonstrations. Utilizing a combination of both online and in-person sales can help boost your business and reach a wider audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies