• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success at Vendor Events: Tips and Tricks for Booth Owners

In summary, many successful vendors have a successful Vendor event. Here are a few tips to help you have a successful event. Ask other direct sales reps, look online, ask your Chamber of Commerce, look in your newspaper, check vendor days, and look for booths at events. When setting up your booth, plan how much money you would like to spend, what type of products you will display, and how you want your table to look. When having a booth, stand, smile, and greet everyone. When someone is interested, know what to say to get their attention. Once someone is in the booth, say hello, and ask what they would
chezshelly
Gold Member
I have done many vendor events and have not had much luck, either with orders or interest when I do follow up calls. I know it must be something I am doing wrong, considering how much success so many have doing these. Any helpful hints or tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have done alot of booths, and have also done the state fair. I did a training for my team before the state fair and booths in general here is my outline and notes:

How do you find booths? Where do you look? Booths are all over. Here are a few places to look.
1. Online – Look for fairs/events in your area
2. Ask other Direct Sales Reps
3. Churches
4. Holiday Bazaars and Trade shows
5. Ask your Chamber of Commerce
6. You can always start your own trade show or bazaar at your church or community center
7. Talk to people in the know- such as other vendors
8. Look in your newspaper
9. Flea Markets
10. Fundraising organizations- Ask if they do a type of fair
11. Check your local schools, schools your children go to
12. Vendor days- These are done by big companies and colleges
13. College Career day- This is more for recruiting
14. Bridle Expos
15. State Fairs/ County Fairs

Once you get on the list for these events your on them for live.

Things to ask the event coordinator:
1. How much will it cost?
2. What are the operating hours?
3. What are the set up times/take down?
4. How many people are expected?
5. Do you require a giveaway? (Some events like you to donate something to there raffle)
6. How big is the space?
7. How many people can I have working the booth?
8. Are there special requirements to how my booth needs to be set up? (Some booths must comply with fire code regulations and they make you have certain set ups)
9. Is this outside? Inside?
10. Do you provide canopy? Tables? Chairs?
11. What is the purpose of this fair or event?
12. How many vendors will be there?
13. How many direct sales companies will be there?
14. Are you allowing multiples of the same vendors? Such as multiple PC reps?
15. What type of advertising are they doing?
16. Are you going to get a list of attendees? This is mostly during bridal shows.
17. What is the schedule of events? What are the busy hours?
18. Rules? Regulations?
19. Is there security?
20. When is the money due?

Things to consider when planning a booth:
1. Plan how much you would like to spend. Do you want other consultants to go in on the booth with you?
A. Cost of the actual booth
B. Cost of travel and gas
C. Food costs
D. Time spent
2. Are you bringing your own tables/chairs/canopy
3. What products to display
4. How many catalogs/minis/recipe cards are you willing to give out?

Setting goals for your booth:
1. How many leads do I need to get to make this worth my time and money spent?
2. We will set goals for the State fair towards the end.

Setting up your booth/ pre planning:
1. Plan how you want to set up your booth
You can have just one table, or an L shaped, or a U ( I have found that the U works best)
2. What will you bring? Products, Catalogs, Minis, Recipe cards, host packets, recruit lead packets
3. Will you do a giveaway?
4. Bringing your own food/drinks?
5. Set your goals
6. How will the table look? Add height, Don’t over fill your table
7. Will you be doing cash and carry?
8. Signage
9. When having outside booths:
A. Plan to have a canopy
B. Set your display up so that everything won’t blow away
C. With the canopy be sure to have at least 30 pounds weights on each leg.
10. Plan what to wear. Have a professional look. Wear logo wear
11. Put the event on your facebook, let everyone know you will have a booth.

What to do at the booth:
1. Stand, do not sit down. (you can stand in front or behind the table but you have to stand)
2. Smile and greet everyone you can. Stay on and positive for ever person. (This gets there attention) Know that at some of these big events such as the state fair there is so much going on its hard for people to notice that we are even there so get their attention.
3. Don’t eat in the booth
4. Know what to say to people when they do seem interested
What to say to get their attention:
A. Are you familiar with Pampered Chef?
B. Do you like to cook?
C. Hi! Sometimes just hi does it!
D. Invite people into the booth ( Watch where their eyes go and tailor what you say to what they are interested in)
E. Keep eye contact. Look at them long enough to know there eye color.
What to say once they are in the booth or interested:
A. When’s the last time you had a girls night? (Friends night or friends over)
B. Have you been to shows in the past? Hosted in the past?
C. Do you have a Pampered Chef consultant?
D. Where do you live? This will be important for larger events such as the state fair.
E. Would you like to be on my newsletter?
F. If I could show you how to make a meal in 30 minutes or less and could get you all the tools to do it with for free would that interest you?
G. Does your husband cook?
H. Do you bake? Do you like to grill?
I. Just make a conversation with everyone. This way you can tailor a theme show around that person.
5. Make sure to write the information you have found out about a person on the back of the door prize slips
6. Make sure to plan a follow up with the person. 24-48 hours.
7. Network with other vendors during slow times
8. When they come up to you with a problem with a product. Be there consultant help them however you can. Let them get the product minus your commission if you can’t get it return though PC. These people can turn into hosts! Or even recruits!

What to do with the leads after a booth:
1. Follow up with everyone! Make sure to put your follow up times in the calendar
2. Make sure to rebook the event with the coordinator
3. If you did the booth with other consultants share what you all did that work and what didn’t work.
4. Make sure to help anyone that needed something replaced or returned.

Here is my checklist for booths:
Checklist of what to bring with you:
1. Catalogs, current and old ones if you have some
2. Mini Catalogs
3. Recipe cards
4. Order forms
5. Replacement part forms
6. Business cards
7. Discover us/ Join us
8. Host packets
9. Calculator
10. Computer( Optional)
11. Money for food
12. Booth coupons (We will work on state fair special at training)
13. Host and guest specials
14. Recruit packets
15. Calendar
16. Pens/pencils
17. Drawing slips!!
18. Highlighters

**** Side note: I have found that if someone is interested in booking, try your best to get them on the calander book and with a host packet before they leave your booth. Every both I have done, I have had a special where if they book that day they get $15 or $20 in more free product.

what are you considering luck? something positive comes out of every event.
what are you looking for, just remember it is not always immediate.

ChefShalon ... what a great outline. I've done many vendor events/fairs over the years and your summary is great. I think I will print out for myself to have as a reference! Thanks for taking the time to put that together!

RosieTrips said:
ChefShalon ... what a great outline. I've done many vendor events/fairs over the years and your summary is great. I think I will print out for myself to have as a reference! Thanks for taking the time to put that together!

Your very welcome! I hope everyone enjoys it!

ChefShalon - What a GREAT outline!! You covered everything. I have a few events coming up and this list will help - now, and for future events. You are AWESOME for putting this together - and sharing it with everyone. Thanks!

1. What is the purpose of a "Vendor Booth Help Wanted" post?

The purpose of a "Vendor Booth Help Wanted" post is to advertise that Pampered Chef is looking for individuals to help represent the company at vendor events or trade shows. These events provide an opportunity for the company to showcase and sell their products to a wider audience.

2. What are the requirements for working at a vendor booth?

The requirements for working at a vendor booth may vary depending on the specific event, but generally, individuals must be outgoing, have strong communication skills, and be knowledgeable about Pampered Chef products. They should also be able to stand for extended periods of time and be comfortable interacting with potential customers.

3. How do I apply for a vendor booth position?

To apply for a vendor booth position, you can visit the Pampered Chef website and search for current openings. You can also reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant or team leader to inquire about available opportunities. Additionally, keep an eye out for any "Vendor Booth Help Wanted" posts on social media or job search websites.

4. What can I expect when working at a vendor booth?

Working at a vendor booth can be a fun and exciting experience. You will have the opportunity to interact with potential customers, showcase Pampered Chef products, and make sales. You may also be responsible for setting up and taking down the booth, keeping track of inventory, and collecting payments. It is important to be energetic, engaging, and knowledgeable about the company and its products.

5. Is there any training provided for working at a vendor booth?

Yes, Pampered Chef provides training for individuals who will be working at vendor events. This may include product knowledge training, sales techniques, and tips for engaging with potential customers. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to shadow experienced consultants or team leaders at events to gain hands-on experience and ask any questions you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • FeliciaD
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire