• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried adding butterscotch chips to our velvety chocolate truffles?

In summary, the author made truffles using butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips and they were not as successful as the chocolate chip truffles. She also put them in a small bowl and it looked like a mud pie.
jdavis
I just made some more of these for a snack day tomorrow and I thought I would try something different since I LOVE butterscotch chips in brownies I thought I would try to replace butterscotch chips for the chocolate chips, I don't know if it was because I bought a different and cheap brand or just because they were butterscotch chips but it was a lot runnier than the chocolate chip way, so they are in the freezer trying to harden up :rolleyes: I don't guess anyone will care that they are puddles instead of round balls like the chocolate ones, lol. Anyway, they good, but I wouldn't recommend putting them on the cutting board because it just dripped off the sides, since my cutting board was full with the dripping butterscotch ones I got a baker's mat by accident so I thought I would put it to good use and put the chocolate on it, I used the stone to support it and it is SOOOOO much easier, less messy, less waste than on the cutting board. Just thought I would share with everyone. These go over very well if you haven't made them yet I HIGHLY recommend them, and only 4 ingredients (not including whatever you coat them in). ;)

Sounds yummyWhat/where is that recipe? I LOVE the simple ones!;)

It is in the new season's best dollar cookbook, it is the first dessert recipe, it is very good, have been hounded to make more, I would if I didn't have to worry about myself, staying out of them that is.

OK, I take it all back, the stupid truffles made with the butterscotch chips just wouldn't set up for anything, I even tried putting them in the freezer and when I took them out they were just mush, ughh, that sucks!!! I don't know what would help them to set. Unless you prefer to eat them with a spoon I wouldn't suggest it, though they're not bad, just mushy, I put them in the small ss bowl and it looked like a mud pie with cocoa on top. :rolleyes:

Hi there! I'm glad to hear that you are experimenting with our delicious brownie recipe and adding your own twist to it. Butterscotch chips can definitely be a bit trickier to work with, especially if you're using a cheaper brand. I would suggest sticking with a high-quality brand for best results. And using a baker's mat is a great idea! It's always helpful to have the right tools to make our cooking experiences easier and less messy. Thank you for sharing your tip with our community, and I agree that these brownies are a hit with only four ingredients! Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients are used to make velvety chocolate truffles?

The main ingredients in velvety chocolate truffles are high-quality chocolate, heavy cream, and butter. Other optional ingredients may include cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and flavorings such as vanilla extract or liqueur.

2. How do I make sure my truffles have a smooth and velvety texture?

The key to achieving a smooth texture in your truffles is to heat the cream and butter just until they start to simmer, then pour it over the chopped chocolate. Let it sit for a few minutes before stirring until the chocolate is fully melted and the mixture is smooth. Avoid overheating the chocolate, as this can cause it to become grainy.

3. Can I use any type of chocolate to make these truffles?

While you can use any type of chocolate you prefer, it is best to use high-quality chocolate with a high cocoa content for the best flavor and texture. Milk chocolate may result in a sweeter and less intense truffle, while dark chocolate will have a richer and more bitter taste.

4. How should I store the truffles?

Store the truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. You can also freeze them for longer storage, just make sure to thaw them in the refrigerator before serving.

5. Can I add any toppings or decorations to the truffles?

Yes, you can roll the truffles in cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or powdered sugar for a classic look. You can also dip them in melted chocolate or drizzle them with melted white chocolate for a more elegant presentation. Get creative and have fun with different toppings and decorations!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
Replies