1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Velvety Chocolate Truffles

1. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

I just made some more of these for a snack day tomorrow and I thought I would try something different since I LOVE butterscotch chips in brownies I thought I would try to replace butterscotch chips for the chocolate chips, I don't know if it was because I bought a different and cheap brand or just because they were butterscotch chips but it was a lot runnier than the chocolate chip way, so they are in the freezer trying to harden up :rolleyes: I don't guess anyone will care that they are puddles instead of round balls like the chocolate ones, lol. Anyway, they good, but I wouldn't recommend putting them on the cutting board because it just dripped off the sides, since my cutting board was full with the dripping butterscotch ones I got a baker's mat by accident so I thought I would put it to good use and put the chocolate on it, I used the stone to support it and it is SOOOOO much easier, less messy, less waste than on the cutting board. Just thought I would share with everyone. These go over very well if you haven't made them yet I HIGHLY recommend them, and only 4 ingredients (not including whatever you coat them in). ;)

Oct 25, 2005
  2. Pampered Zoe

Pampered Zoe Member

Sounds yummy

What/where is that recipe? I LOVE the simple ones!;)

Oct 25, 2005
  3. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

It is in the new season's best dollar cookbook, it is the first dessert recipe, it is very good, have been hounded to make more, I would if I didn't have to worry about myself, staying out of them that is.

Oct 25, 2005
  4. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

OK, I take it all back, the stupid truffles made with the butterscotch chips just wouldn't set up for anything, I even tried putting them in the freezer and when I took them out they were just mush, ughh, that sucks!!! I don't know what would help them to set. Unless you prefer to eat them with a spoon I wouldn't suggest it, though they're not bad, just mushy, I put them in the small ss bowl and it looked like a mud pie with cocoa on top. :rolleyes:

Oct 26, 2005
Have something to add?