• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upgrade Your Ride with High-Quality Vehicle Window Decals

In summary, there is a debate about whether it is better to have decals on the side or back windows of a car. Some people prefer the back window for easier visibility, while others have concerns about distractions and privacy. There are also different types of decals, including custom ones and ones with contact information. Some have had success with getting leads and sales from their decals, while others have not received any calls. Decals have also led to unexpected opportunities, such as signing up new team members. Some people are hesitant to have their contact information displayed on their car, especially in a school parking lot, but others have had positive experiences with it.
chefkathy
Side windows or back window?

Right now I only have on the side. I still question that decision. I was concerned about being able to see out of the back. I am not a very attentive driver (ouch-it hurts to admit that) and I didn't want any additional distractions. LOL!!

mine is on the back. Benefits of both.

cons of the back is when my hubby or i need to get in the other lane (or cut someone off-not rudely) i ALWAYS wish mine wasn't on the back b/c they're starely at my info! :eek:

I had them on the side of my other car and didn't get a whole lot of business.I'm wondering if I should put it on the back of my new car that way if someone is driving behind you, they can jot down your # more easily than if they are next to you.

I have mine on the back window.

Never got 1 call. However it does make me more conscious of how I drive!!!

My husband likes that and so he won't let me take it off.....:eek:

I have them on the back side windows and the rear window of my minivan.
Have gotten calls that led to sales and even signed a recruit thanks to my signage who was a hard worker for a while there.

I have mine on the back window. I have had three calls- two for catalogs, and one for info on where I got the decal. That call led to a show, which ended up with 5 bookings and eventually a recruit who is now a SC. You just never know!

I have a decal on the back. I've gotten some good interest in it, but I don't think anything that's turned into something huge. maybe an order or two.

Back when I had the magnets on both sides of my old mini-van, I got about the same amount of interest, although in my opinion, those were harder to read.

I kind of did a custom thing and just used the plan PC decal from Merrill on my back window and had a decal made with my phone number and website address that is right above it toward the top of my window. it doesn't obstruct my view out the back.

My director actually gave mine to me. She got a really nice deal on decals that are Mickey Mouse wearing a chef's hat. It has my name, phone number and website. She gave them to everyone on her director team.
It doesn't obstruct my view either.

beckyjsmith said:
My director actually gave mine to me. She got a really nice deal on decals that are Mickey Mouse wearing a chef's hat. It has my name, phone number and website. She gave them to everyone on her director team.
It doesn't obstruct my view either.

I would LOVE to see a picture of this if you have one.

send me your cell and I will text you a pic. :)

funny story. I was driving to the bank last April and was approached by a woman who wanted me to pull over. Long story short, spent $800 on the side of the road! Talk about making my day and week! :)

Well she's been on my email list and wanted me to stop by to show her how to use the mandoline. Went by today and she SIGNED up to become a consultant!! :) did her agreement on the spot! :)

Moral of the story, GET THE DECAL! :)

Ok, since we are talking about decals, I thought I'd get your opinions since most of you are moms with school aged kids. I've thought several times about getting the decal, but I hesitate to have my home number plastered on my vehicle in the school parking lot. Yes, I'm listed (by my first initial and last name) in the phone book, so if they really wanted to find me, they could, but am I asking to get phone calls?? I just have the little PC sticker on the car and I've had a lady stop me at a stop light and roll down her window for a catalog. An $800 order who became a new team member makes me wonder if I should reconsider putting my name and number. What do you think?? Am I being silly even questioning it??

iteachurkid said:
Ok, since we are talking about decals, I thought I'd get your opinions since most of you are moms with school aged kids. I've thought several times about getting the decal, but I hesitate to have my home number plastered on my vehicle in the school parking lot. Yes, I'm listed (by my first initial and last name) in the phone book, so if they really wanted to find me, they could, but am I asking to get phone calls?? I just have the little PC sticker on the car and I've had a lady stop me at a stop light and roll down her window for a catalog. An $800 order who became a new team member makes me wonder if I should reconsider putting my name and number. What do you think?? Am I being silly even questioning it??

Ummm....YES! lol

iteachurkid said:

use your cell phone number?

DebbieJ said:
use your cell phone number?

That's an idea, but then they could still get in touch with me (and at least if I use my home number I have caller ID)...I've had a parent look up my number and call me irate before (over her daughters field trip group, that HER daughter picked) and so I guess I'm just hesitant. I need to get over it though :)

iteachurkid said:

I do have to say that I DON'T get a lot of business from it but the business i have received from it is worth it. Also, I hear all the time, Oh, i see your van around town all the time! :)

My DH is supportive of me having it on the van BUT he was insistent on me NOT putting my cell # on my van. He was worried about people calling it, asking me to pull over to give them a catalog and then I'm gone. What's funny is he's not the worry wart, it's me! So I have my home phone # on my van.

pampmomof3 said:
funny story. I was driving to the bank last April and was approached by a woman who wanted me to pull over. Long story short, spent $800 on the side of the road! Talk about making my day and week! :)

Well she's been on my email list and wanted me to stop by to show her how to use the mandoline. Went by today and she SIGNED up to become a consultant!! :) did her agreement on the spot! :)

Oh my gosh!!! That is incredible!!!! How cool.

pampmomof3 said:

Way to go Kristi!!!!! :party:

1. What are vehicle window decals?

Vehicle window decals are custom graphics that are typically made of vinyl and are designed to be applied to the exterior of a vehicle's windows. They can feature a variety of designs, logos, and text and are a popular way to personalize and upgrade the look of a vehicle.

2. How long do vehicle window decals last?

The lifespan of a vehicle window decal depends on several factors, including the quality of the decal material and the care taken during installation. On average, high-quality vinyl decals can last up to 5 years with proper care and maintenance.

3. Can vehicle window decals be removed?

Yes, vehicle window decals can be removed. However, the removal process can vary depending on the type of decal and how long it has been on the window. It is recommended to use a heat gun or hairdryer to loosen the adhesive and carefully peel off the decal. Any remaining residue can be removed with a commercial adhesive remover.

4. Are vehicle window decals easy to install?

Yes, vehicle window decals are relatively easy to install, especially if you have experience with similar types of decals. However, it is important to thoroughly clean and dry the window before installation and to carefully follow the instructions provided by the decal manufacturer.

5. Can vehicle window decals damage my car's windows?

No, high-quality vehicle window decals should not damage your car's windows. They are designed to be easily removable without leaving residue or causing any damage to the window. However, it is important to carefully follow the instructions for removal to avoid any potential damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • ilovpc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
headinclouds25
  • cookin to the top
  • General Chat
Replies