• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Veggie Tray Ideas for Your Next Event: Tips from a New Mom with Allergy Savvy!

In summary, a new mother shares her excitement about getting back into her business after her baby's health issues are resolved. She plans to showcase the Chocolate Mousse Cups and a veggie tray at her first show, using her mandoline and crinkle cutter for the cucumbers. She also considers incorporating humor into her demonstration and showcasing the different knife options for slicing cucumbers. Another consultant suggests adding fruit to the veggie tray and using a julienne peeler to demonstrate another tool. Everyone is happy to see the mother's baby feeling better.
krackley
I just had a baby who had some serious allergy issues, but now that she's better (we know what not to feed her!!), I'm getting back into business right where I left off! In fact, my first show is tonight!

I'm planning to do the Chocolate Mousse Cups and a veggie tray. I was thinking I'd do the cucumber/carrot combo with the crinkle cutter . . . do you have any other ideas? I'm taking my mandoline to show off with the cucumbers as well.. . .

PS - I'm amused, because I looked up the file on "adding Humor to your show" - and I've been cracking up. :) Whoever posted that one did a great job! :)

Attachments

• AddingHumorToYourShow[1].doc
    62 KB · Views: 306
What do you think about doing the Good, Better, Best thing with the knives? Get one of the hosts knives and slice a piece of the cucumber - good, then use a honing knife - better, then use the forged cutlery - best. I have always done this on potatoes, but would think it would work on the cucumber too. Then you can transfer it to the mandoline and show that.

Glad your little girl is feeling better. :)

You'd have many more options if you did a veggie/fruit combo tray (strawberries/bananas, kiwi w/ egg slicer, apple with wedger, pineapple w/ wedger, melon balls w/core n more, orange w/ citrus peeler) ....just a thought!
Jen

jross93 said:
You'd have many more options if you did a veggie/fruit combo tray (strawberries/bananas, kiwi w/ egg slicer, apple with wedger, pineapple w/ wedger, melon balls w/core n more, orange w/ citrus peeler) ....just a thought!
Jen

mmmmm, good idea!!

Use the apple wedger to make cucumber sticks- very cute! Just cut in half and then wedge it like you'd do an apple.

wow those are great ideas! :) I'll definitely be doing the knife thing. . . I mean, I have to cut the cucumbers in half anyway, right?

jross - I love the idea of a fruit/veggie tray! This time my host just has cukes and carrots, though, so I'm just going with that. I thought I'd do some slices on the mandoline with the different blades, then do the carrot/cucumber combo. :)

you could use the julienne peeler on the carrots too...maybe not too good for a veggie tray, but does show another tool....
Jen

Hi there! Congratulations on your new baby and on getting back into the business! I'm glad to hear that your little one is doing better and that you are able to continue with your passion for cooking.For your veggie tray, I love the idea of using a crinkle cutter for the cucumbers and carrots. It adds a fun touch to the presentation. Another idea could be to use a spiralizer to make zucchini noodles and serve them with a homemade ranch dip. You can also try using different colors of bell peppers and arranging them in a rainbow pattern for a visually appealing display.I'm glad you found the "adding humor to your show" file helpful. It's always great to have some lighthearted moments during a cooking demonstration. Best of luck with your show tonight! I'm sure it will be a success. Happy cooking!

What is a veggie tray?

A veggie tray is a platter or dish that contains a variety of fresh vegetables, usually cut into bite-sized pieces, and served as a healthy and convenient appetizer or snack.

What vegetables are typically included in a veggie tray?

The vegetables included in a veggie tray can vary, but some common options are carrots, celery, bell peppers, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, and cauliflower. Some trays may also include dip or dressing for added flavor.

Can I customize my veggie tray?

Yes, you can customize your veggie tray according to your preferences or dietary restrictions. You can choose which vegetables you want to include or exclude, and you can also choose the type of dip or dressing you want to accompany your tray.

How should I store my veggie tray?

To keep your veggie tray fresh, store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. If there are any leftover vegetables, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.

Can I order a veggie tray for a party or event?

Yes, you can order a veggie tray for any occasion or event through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also host a Pampered Chef party and earn free products, including a veggie tray, by inviting friends and family to shop with you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies