1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Veggie Tray Question

1. krackley

krackley Member

I just had a baby who had some serious allergy issues, but now that she's better (we know what not to feed her!!), I'm getting back into business right where I left off! In fact, my first show is tonight!

I'm planning to do the Chocolate Mousse Cups and a veggie tray. I was thinking I'd do the cucumber/carrot combo with the crinkle cutter . . . do you have any other ideas? I'm taking my mandoline to show off with the cucumbers as well.. . .

PS - I'm amused, because I looked up the file on "adding Humor to your show" - and I've been cracking up. :) Whoever posted that one did a great job! :)

Attached Files:

Jul 16, 2009
  2. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

What do you think about doing the Good, Better, Best thing with the knives? Get one of the hosts knives and slice a piece of the cucumber - good, then use a honing knife - better, then use the forged cutlery - best. I have always done this on potatoes, but would think it would work on the cucumber too. Then you can transfer it to the mandoline and show that.

Glad your little girl is feeling better. :)

Jul 16, 2009
  3. jross93

jross93 Member

You'd have many more options if you did a veggie/fruit combo tray (strawberries/bananas, kiwi w/ egg slicer, apple with wedger, pineapple w/ wedger, melon balls w/core n more, orange w/ citrus peeler) ....just a thought!
    Jen

Jul 16, 2009
  4. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

mmmmm, good idea!!

Jul 16, 2009
  5. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

Use the apple wedger to make cucumber sticks- very cute! Just cut in half and then wedge it like you'd do an apple.

Jul 16, 2009
  6. krackley

krackley Member

wow those are great ideas! :) I'll definitely be doing the knife thing. . . I mean, I have to cut the cucumbers in half anyway, right?

jross - I love the idea of a fruit/veggie tray! This time my host just has cukes and carrots, though, so I'm just going with that. I thought I'd do some slices on the mandoline with the different blades, then do the carrot/cucumber combo. :)

Jul 16, 2009
  7. jross93

jross93 Member

you could use the julienne peeler on the carrots too...maybe not too good for a veggie tray, but does show another tool....
    Jen

Jul 16, 2009
Have something to add?