1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Veggie pizza question

1. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

ok, I must be having a brain freeze today..... is the fridge the best place to store garlic? and is is ok to completely put the cool veggie pizza together today, keep it in the fridge overnight and serve if for lunch tomorrow....or should I spread the cream cheese mixture on it and add the veggies tomorrow?
    thanks

Aug 19, 2009
  2. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

ok, I must be having a brain freeze today..... is the fridge the best place to store garlic?

Garlic is best stored at room temp in a dark environment. They make special crocks for them, but a basket would be a good place in the back of your dark pantry. They also need to breath. My crock is terra cotta with three little holes near the bottom of the base.

and is is ok to completely put the cool veggie pizza together today, keep it in the fridge overnight and serve if for lunch tomorrow....or should I spread the cream cheese mixture on it and add the veggies tomorrow?

I would bake the crust today, but put the cream cheese and veggies on right before serving. If you did it today, it may get soggy in the fridge!!

Aug 19, 2009
  3. Lindsay

Lindsay Gold Member

Don't store garlic in the 'fridge. Members of the allium family such as garlic and onions should be stored in a cool, dry place (the 'fridge is too humid). The same is true of potatoes; also, potatoes and garlic/onions should not be stored together as they have chemicals that interact with each other and speed over-ripening.

Are you serving it for a show? If you have the time tomorrow I would just prep everything tonight and then assemble it tomorrow.

Aug 19, 2009
  4. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

taking it to school for a carry in....so I'll just use my prep bowls and assemble there. thanks!

Aug 19, 2009
Have something to add?