• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brain Freeze: Garlic Storage & Veggie Pizza

In summary, it is not recommended to store garlic in the fridge as it can cause the garlic to sprout and lose flavor. It is best stored at room temperature in a cool, dark place. As for the veggie pizza, it is recommended to prepare the crust and cream cheese mixture today and assemble the pizza tomorrow before serving to ensure it stays fresh and delicious.
byrd1956
Gold Member
ok, I must be having a brain freeze today..... is the fridge the best place to store garlic? and is is ok to completely put the cool veggie pizza together today, keep it in the fridge overnight and serve if for lunch tomorrow....or should I spread the cream cheese mixture on it and add the veggies tomorrow?
thanks

ok, I must be having a brain freeze today..... is the fridge the best place to store garlic?

Garlic is best stored at room temp in a dark environment. They make special crocks for them, but a basket would be a good place in the back of your dark pantry. They also need to breath. My crock is terra cotta with three little holes near the bottom of the base.

and is is ok to completely put the cool veggie pizza together today, keep it in the fridge overnight and serve if for lunch tomorrow....or should I spread the cream cheese mixture on it and add the veggies tomorrow?

I would bake the crust today, but put the cream cheese and veggies on right before serving. If you did it today, it may get soggy in the fridge!!

Don't store garlic in the 'fridge. Members of the allium family such as garlic and onions should be stored in a cool, dry place (the 'fridge is too humid). The same is true of potatoes; also, potatoes and garlic/onions should not be stored together as they have chemicals that interact with each other and speed over-ripening.Are you serving it for a show? If you have the time tomorrow I would just prep everything tonight and then assemble it tomorrow.

taking it to school for a carry in....so I'll just use my prep bowls and assemble there. thanks!

Hi there! Don't worry, we all have those days where our brains feel a little frozen. As for storing garlic, it's actually best to keep it at room temperature in a dry, dark place. The fridge can actually cause the garlic to sprout and lose its flavor. And for your veggie pizza, I would recommend preparing the crust and cream cheese mixture today and keeping them separate in the fridge. Then tomorrow, you can assemble the pizza and add the veggies before serving. This will ensure that your pizza stays fresh and delicious. Let me know if you have any other questions! Happy cooking!

1. How does the Brain Freeze: Garlic Storage keep garlic fresh?

The Brain Freeze: Garlic Storage uses a patented technology that creates a cold environment, slowing down the natural sprouting and rotting process of garlic. This helps to extend the shelf life of garlic by up to 4 times longer than traditional storage methods.

2. Can I store other vegetables in the Brain Freeze: Garlic Storage?

Yes, the Brain Freeze: Garlic Storage can also be used to store other vegetables such as onions, shallots, and ginger. It helps to keep them fresh for longer periods of time, reducing food waste and saving you money.

3. How do I use the Brain Freeze: Garlic Storage?

To use the Brain Freeze: Garlic Storage, simply place your garlic bulbs inside and close the lid. The container can be stored on your kitchen counter or in the refrigerator. It is recommended to remove any excess moisture from the garlic before storing it in the container.

4. Can I use the Brain Freeze: Garlic Storage for frozen garlic?

No, the Brain Freeze: Garlic Storage is not designed for storing frozen garlic. It is best used for storing fresh garlic bulbs to extend their shelf life.

5. Can I use the Brain Freeze: Garlic Storage for anything other than garlic?

Yes, the Brain Freeze: Garlic Storage can also be used to make delicious veggie pizza. Simply spread your favorite sauce on a pizza crust and add your favorite vegetables, then place the pizza on the top shelf of the container and close the lid. Microwave for 5-7 minutes and enjoy a hot and fresh veggie pizza!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Katiechef