• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Vegetarian Meal Ideas for a Sunday Show - Dcb Options

In summary, the Loaded Baked Potato chowder is good, but the grilled chicken penne al fresco is better. The three cheese veggie pizza is also good.
dkitten13
I am looking for some options for a show this Sunday who just informed me she and most of her friends are vegetarian. I am thinking of the Loaded Baked Potato chowder but wanted to give her some other ideas. The party is at 6:00 so it needs to be more of a meal than an appetizer.

Thanks!

The grilled chicken penne al fresco can be made without the chicken and is wonderful.

three cheese veggie pizza is great

This is an awesome PC Recipe that I found somewhere and use very successfully with vegetarians. I think you could do it the DCB pretty easily: Three Bean Vegetarian Chili
  • 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
  • 2 cups chopped green bell pepper
  • 2 cups chopped red bell pepper
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 4 garlic cloves, pressed
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 can (15.5 ounces) mild chili beans in sauce, undrained
  • 1 can (15.5 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained (or use one cup frozen corn kernels)
Directions:
1. Heat oil in Professional (4-qt.) Casserole over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell peppers, onion, garlic, chili
powder and cumin; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, beans and corn to casserole; mix well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Ladle chili into soup bowls. Serve with toppings, if desired.
Yield: Yield: 12 (1-cup) servings
Offer toppings such as shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and snipped fresh cilantro.

The Zesty Ravioli skillet dinner is a really good one.The Penne al Fresco (minus the grilled chicken) is good, but it does use chicken broth. You'd need to see how strict of vegetarians they all are. Or you could try a vegetable broth. (Experimenting at home first, to make sure it still tastes okay--I don't see why it wouldn't, but you KWIM...)

I use a twist on Chicken penne al fresco. I have attached it here. IT is a hit even with the carnivores.

Attachments

• Penne Al Fesco with Artichokes.doc
    24 KB · Views: 326
I'm mostly vegetarian and the Penne al Fresco is one of my favorite dishes. I've used both water and veggie broth in place of the chicken broth, and both work well. I use a can of cannellini beans (rinsed) in place of the chicken. Add them during the last couple minutes of cooking.
You could also do the Mexican Chicken Lasagna but substitute either pinto beans, grilled veggies, or vegetarian chick'n strips for the chicken.

1. What is a "Vegetarian Meal in Dcb"?

A "Vegetarian Meal in Dcb" is a dish made with vegetables and plant-based proteins such as tofu, beans, or lentils, cooked using the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef.

2. Can I make a Vegetarian Meal in Dcb with just vegetables?

Yes, you can use any combination of vegetables to make a delicious and healthy Vegetarian Meal in Dcb. Just make sure to chop them into smaller pieces for even cooking.

3. How long does it take to cook a Vegetarian Meal in Dcb?

The cooking time for a Vegetarian Meal in Dcb can vary depending on the ingredients used and the size of the DCB. However, most dishes can be cooked in 30-45 minutes in the DCB.

4. Can I use the Dcb to make a Vegetarian Meal on the stovetop?

Yes, the DCB is versatile and can be used on the stovetop as well as in the oven. You can sauté vegetables and cook them in the DCB on the stovetop for a quick and easy Vegetarian Meal.

5. Are there any vegetarian recipes specifically designed for the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of vegetarian recipes specifically created for the Deep Covered Baker. These recipes are available on our website or through our consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
minirottie
  • Foodie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • PCSarahjm
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies