• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vegetable Ribbon Pasta: Doubling and Cooking Tips for Large Groups

In summary, vegetable ribbon pasta is a healthier alternative to traditional wheat-based pasta, made from thinly sliced vegetables shaped into ribbons or noodles. To make it, you will need a vegetable peeler or spiralizer and can use a variety of vegetables. It is a low-calorie, low-fat, and low-carb option that can be used in any recipe and is a good source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
JennyJennJen
Gold Member
Can the vegetable ribbon pasta be doubled if using the dutch oven? if so, does it take longer to cook?

I have a host who wants this on Friday and will have 16+ people and she asked if we could double it.

It doesn't seem to serve a lot. I made 6 'single scoop' servings and there was hardly any left. Only down side to this recipe! It shows great products, is awesome for the Rock Crok and Spiral Slicer, and guests love the recipe. I'd suggest using more basil though.

Yes, the vegetable ribbon pasta can be doubled if using a Dutch oven. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the size and heat of your Dutch oven. It is recommended to check the pasta for doneness periodically to ensure it is not overcooked. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the cooking time if doubling the recipe. It is always a good idea to test the pasta before serving to ensure it is cooked to your desired texture.

1. What is vegetable ribbon pasta?

Vegetable ribbon pasta is a type of pasta made from thinly sliced vegetables, such as zucchini, carrots, or squash, that are shaped into ribbons or noodles. It is a healthier alternative to traditional wheat-based pasta and is often used as a gluten-free option.

2. How do I make vegetable ribbon pasta?

To make vegetable ribbon pasta, you will need a vegetable peeler or a spiralizer to slice the vegetables into thin ribbons. Then, cook the ribbons in boiling water for 1-2 minutes until they are al dente. Finally, drain the pasta and serve with your desired sauce or toppings.

3. What vegetables can I use to make vegetable ribbon pasta?

You can use a variety of vegetables to make vegetable ribbon pasta, such as zucchini, carrots, squash, sweet potato, beets, and even broccoli stems. You can also mix and match different vegetables to create colorful and flavorful pasta dishes.

4. Is vegetable ribbon pasta a healthy option?

Yes, vegetable ribbon pasta is a healthy option compared to traditional wheat-based pasta. It is low in calories, fat, and carbohydrates and is a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet. It is also a good source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.

5. Can I use vegetable ribbon pasta in any recipe?

Yes, you can use vegetable ribbon pasta in any recipe that calls for regular pasta. It can be used in hot or cold dishes, such as salads, stir-fries, casseroles, and more. It is also a great option for those following a gluten-free or low-carb diet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ltricarico
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • pc_jessica
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies