• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vegan Recipes for Delicious Meals!

In summary, the conversation discussed the need for vegan recipes for a show and the suggestion to limit the number of recipes and possibly use a vegetarian cookbook. Ten vegan recipe ideas were also provided, including tacos, shepherd's pie, curry, burgers, stuffed peppers, stir fry, soup, pasta, sandwich, and zucchini noodles with pesto.
EymieFitz
I am looking for Vegan recipes. I have a friend who went vegan and I want to do a show with Vegan recipes. So if anyone can help I woud really appreciate it. Thanks!

I Am making salsa, guac and hummus so far...maybe some Pizza without cheese (what good is that???)

First off don't make too much!! Pick one recipe and have her provide the rest. Second - see if someone local to you has the vegetarian cookbook. It does have some vegan recipes in it.

1. Vegan Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos: Roast sweet potatoes and black beans with cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. Serve in taco shells with avocado, salsa, and cilantro. 2. Vegan Lentil Shepherd's Pie: Cook lentils with onions, carrots, and celery in a vegetable broth. Top with mashed sweet potatoes and bake until golden brown. 3. Vegan Chickpea Curry: Saute onions, garlic, and ginger with curry powder. Add in cooked chickpeas, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk. Serve over rice. 4. Vegan Portobello Mushroom Burgers: Marinate portobello mushrooms in balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic. Grill and serve on a bun with avocado, tomato, and lettuce. 5. Vegan Quinoa Stuffed Peppers: Cook quinoa with vegetable broth and mix with sauteed onions, bell peppers, and black beans. Stuff into bell peppers and bake until tender. 6. Vegan Vegetable Stir Fry: Saute a variety of vegetables such as bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms with soy sauce and ginger. Serve over rice or noodles. 7. Vegan Lentil and Vegetable Soup: Cook lentils with vegetable broth, carrots, celery, and onions. Add in diced tomatoes and spinach for added nutrients. 8. Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta: Blend cooked cauliflower with vegetable broth, garlic, and nutritional yeast for a creamy sauce. Toss with cooked pasta and top with roasted vegetables. 9. Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwich: Mash chickpeas with vegan mayo, diced celery, and red onion. Serve on whole grain bread with lettuce and tomato. 10. Vegan Zucchini Noodles with Pesto: Spiralize zucchini and toss with homemade vegan pesto (made with basil, pine nuts, and olive oil). Top with cherry tomatoes and pine nuts.

1. What is the main source of protein in vegan recipes?

The main source of protein in vegan recipes is usually plant-based foods such as beans, lentils, tofu, tempeh, nuts, and seeds. These foods are not only high in protein but also provide essential nutrients and fiber.

2. Can I substitute dairy and eggs in vegan recipes?

Yes, dairy and eggs can easily be substituted in vegan recipes. For dairy, you can use non-dairy milk such as almond, soy, or coconut milk. For eggs, you can use flax eggs, chia eggs, or commercial egg replacers. These substitutes will not only make your recipes vegan-friendly but also add unique flavors and textures.

3. Are vegan recipes nutritionally balanced?

Yes, vegan recipes can be nutritionally balanced as long as you include a variety of plant-based foods in your diet. It is important to consume a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and plant-based protein sources to ensure you are getting all the essential nutrients your body needs.

4. Are vegan recipes more expensive than traditional recipes?

Vegan recipes can be more expensive than traditional recipes depending on the ingredients used. However, there are many budget-friendly vegan recipes that use affordable ingredients such as beans, lentils, and vegetables. Plus, eating a plant-based diet can also save you money in the long run as it can prevent health issues and reduce medical expenses.

5. Can I still enjoy my favorite dishes as a vegan?

Yes, you can still enjoy your favorite dishes as a vegan by making simple substitutions. For example, you can use lentils or mushrooms instead of ground beef in a pasta dish, or you can make a delicious vegan lasagna using tofu ricotta and cashew cream sauce. With some creativity and experimentation, you can veganize almost any dish and still enjoy all your favorite flavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristamk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
MLinAZ
  • Linda Zamora