• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Vegan Recipe Ideas for Your Next Cooking Demonstration - Marion's Tips

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding vegan recipes for a vegan demonstration. Many different recipes from various cookbooks were suggested, including dishes like Fresh Tomato & Basil Bruschetta, California Grilled Vegetable Sandwich, and Mediterr. Orzo Salad. Some suggestions were also given for adapting non-vegan recipes to be vegan-friendly. The discussion also touched on the misconceptions and challenges of following a vegan diet.
Marion
Hi there,

One of my hosts is a vegan and is looking for a vegan demonstration. Can anyone give me some recipe suggestions......

Thanks

Marion

Marion said:
Hi there,

One of my hosts is a vegan and is looking for a vegan demonstration. Can anyone give me some recipe suggestions......

Thanks

Marion

Pardon my ignorance, but that is someone who doesn't eat any animal products right? No meat, milk, eggs or butter? I will see what I can find.

Ok, here is what I found. There were too many for me to type out all the recipes. I listed which cookbooks they were in. If any sound good to you, and you don't have the cookbook, let me know and I will email you or attach the recipe.

"It's Good For You"

Fresh Tomato & Basil Bruschetta (don't sprinkle with parmesan at the end)
Savory Canape' French Bread
Asian Spring Rolls
Portobello Pita Pockets (don't add swiss cheese)
Vegetarian Black Bean Burgers (use egg substitute in place of egg whites)
Easy Apple Burritos (don't top with frozen yogurt)
Apple-Cherry Crisp (again, no yogurt on top)

"Celebrate!"

Calypso Peach Salsa
Plantain Chips
Southern Style Salsa
Roasted Winter Vegetables
Giant Potato Pancake

"All The Best"

Apple Berry Salsa
Baked Tortilla Chips
Fresh Salsa & Quacamole Duo
Spring Pasta Stir-Fry

"Main Dishes"

California Grilled Vegetable Sandwich (without the mayo or cheese)

"Casual Cooking"

Grilled Ratatouille (not topped with parmesan)
Southwestern Two-Bean Salad
Calico Coleslaw
Minted Melon Medley
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Curried Vegetable Couscous
Asian Summer Salad (this has chicken, but would probably still be good without it)
Spiced Tropical Tea Cooler

Would the veggie pizza be ok? Its got the crescent rolls baked on the bottom. Then you just mix cream cheese and dill mix and spread it over the cooked crescents. Then you put whatever veggies you want on top like tomatoes, broccoli, peppers, ect.. It would show alot of products.

I don't think they can have cream cheese

you could use the vegan cream cheese substitute.

bumping this up.... I just had a request for a vegan show!

Make the Colossal Chopped Salad from the new Season's Best. Just omit the chicken. The chicken just makes it more of a main dish salad.

Great idea! Thanks!! :D

I made the tamale round-about for a vegan show, substituting a recipe for vegan cornbread and using vegetarian refried beans instead of ground meat. You'll only use about half the filling, so the rest of it was served as a tasty bean dip.

I've also made the antipasto pizza, substituting a vegetarian bread mix (prepared ahead) for the pizza dough, and substituting bread crumbs for the cheese. It was delicious, even the non-vegans in attendance said so!

For a dessert, any of the baked apple desserts are great. If they call for butter, you can substitute whey-free margarine. Good luck!

I just love the Mediterr. Orzo Salad ~ omit the feta or use a vegan sub. (if there is one??) It's in the Casual Cooking one.. lots of roasted veggies and chickpeas which are high in iron, etc...

Bumping this up.....any other vegan recipes??

This is great timing because I've recently posted a thread about trying to recruit a vegan! Thanks for the recipes!

You can make almost any recipe Vegan by adding the vegitarian versions of foods commonly in our recipes. My brother's girlfriend is Vegan and we adapt a lot of recipes for her. There are egg, meat and dairy substitutes that most Vegans will know about. Present a recipe to her and ask her to help you adapt it with her knowledge of substituting. You will be surprised. After all she will be buying the ingredients. Then save the recipe in your files with her substitutions just in case it comes up again, you are then better informed.

What a great thread! I just had my first show and I told the guests I would send them a recipe to use with their newly purchased PC products if they filled out the door prize slip and included their email.

One is a vegan - she ordered the large round stone - any suggestions?? She said a recipe would be great - she is new at being a vegan and it’s by Dr orders. I work with her so I would love to send her one or two she can use. THANKS!! :)

Yeah, That "Vegan" ShitExcuse the title, but here you go......and here is my friend from Elementary/Jr. High who posts a lot of vegetarian recipes:http://www.centrepullball.com/She also links to a ton more vegan blogs...

I eat mostly vegan, I have recipes and info on my blog if you'd like to have a look Veg*ns are Friends, Not Food
I know people are overwhelmed with what they perceive as the restrictions of a vegan diet. No animal products at all - meat, dairy, eggs, honey, or any derivatives thereof (including whey, casein - very common additives). However, when you think about it, there is still a whole lot of food left to eat - the whole of the plant kingdom! If you aren't sure, I recommend skipping the processed/prepackaged/ready-made foods, they frequently have hidden animal based ingredients.
A good PC recipe would be the Penne al Fresco - just substitute cannillini beans for the chicken and omit the parm (or use a vegan version if your host has one). You can find vegan substitutes for a lot of dairy items if you need them. Soy milk is the best substitute for cow's milk in many recipes as far as how it behaves in recipes, but you can usually use just about any non-dairy milk. If you want to make the carrot cake muffins you can use 1 tablespoon ground flax seed mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water for each egg (show the prep bowl) and tofutti cream cheese for the topping (find both at health food stores or Trader Joe's). If you'd like more information or have questions feel free to email me. [email protected]

Thanks for the link to your blog, Lindsay! My husband and I became vegetarians earlier this summer, and I've been trying to cut out all dairy, eggs, etc, too. We started getting frustrated with easy-to-prepare recipes, so this is a big help! I bookmarked all of the links in this thread - YAY!

I have made the chicken, avocado and grapefruit salad when there was going to be a vegan at a party. I just set the chicken aside for the non-vegans and you can sub margarine for the butter in the cashew-nut topping (might want to check if the sweet caramel sprinkle is vegan, though - otherwise just toast the nuts and add at the end.) It was delicious!

Italian Pasta Stir Fry is a good one.

Italian Pasta Stir-Fry
8 oz. linguine, uncooked 1 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium tomatoes, seeded & chopped 2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 medium onion, chopped 1 tsp. each: dried basil & oregano leaves (or 2 tso. Pantry Italian Seasoning)
1 medium zucchini, sliced 1/8 tsp. each: salt & ground black pepper
1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated

Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain & keep warm. Chop tomatoes, and onion using Food Chopper. Thinly slice zucchini. Snip parsley using Kitchen Shears. Heat oil in Stir-Fry Skillet over medium heat until hot. Press garlic into skillet using Garlic Press; stir-fry 15 seconds. Add zucchini and onion; stir-fry 2-3 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes, parsley, and seasonings. Heat 1-2 minutes, stirring gently until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in linguine. Grate Parmesan cheese over pasta using Deluxe Cheese Grater.

*Sorry about the run-on of the ingredients. I couldn't get it to copy correctly!

Last edited:

What are some easy vegan recipes that use common Pampered Chef products?

Some easy vegan recipe ideas that use common Pampered Chef products include roasted vegetables using the Veggie Spiralizer, tofu stir-fry using the Non-Stick Wok, and vegetable soup using the Quick Cooker.

How can I make vegan versions of my favorite comfort foods?

You can make vegan versions of your favorite comfort foods by using plant-based substitutes such as tofu, tempeh, and vegan cheese. For example, you can make a vegan mac and cheese using nutritional yeast and cashews instead of dairy cheese.

Are there any vegan recipes that are kid-friendly?

Yes, there are many vegan recipes that are kid-friendly, such as veggie tacos, black bean burgers, and vegan pizza using dairy-free cheese. You can also involve your kids in the cooking process to make it more fun and engaging for them.

How can I add more protein to my vegan meals?

You can add more protein to your vegan meals by using ingredients such as tofu, tempeh, beans, lentils, quinoa, and nuts. You can also incorporate protein-rich Pampered Chef products like the Deluxe Air Fryer or Quick Cooker into your recipes.

Can I use Pampered Chef products to make vegan desserts?

Yes, you can use Pampered Chef products to make delicious vegan desserts. For example, you can make vegan brownies using the Brownie Pan and vegan cheesecake using the Springform Pan. You can also use the Food Chopper to finely chop nuts and fruits for toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• EymieFitz
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kristamk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kdangel518