1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Vegan recipe needed

1. Hi ladies

Does anyone have a good tried & tested Vegan recipe??

Many thanks
    Michelle

Oct 6, 2009
  2. otisbg

otisbg Advanced Member Gold Member

What type of Vegan?
    There is creamy one pot pasta, zesty skillet ravioli (with cheese ravioli), or a nice layered cobb salad with many different veggies in the trifle bowl? or a trifle if they eat eggs & milk.

Oct 6, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

All of the above recipes include Dairy - so not Vegan.

Pineapple Salsa w/ Chips - you could also make guacamole.

There are lots of vegetarian recipes out there, but Vegan is really difficult.
    I would hate to be Vegan. I hope I never have a vegan host...

Oct 6, 2009
  4. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

I posted a link to my friend's blog awhile back that has a ton of vegan recipes...you'll have to search for it though since I just popped in for about 30 seconds!

Oct 6, 2009
  5. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

If you do the Salsa and chips thing, make sure to read the ingrediant list on the chips. I know it sounds weird but I had a friend point out a few different chips - especially flour not corn - that contain powdered milk! And any combination of great veggies stir-fried! You could use all sorts of tools for preping the veggies from the Mandolin to the knives - KA CHING!!! (Hey that almost looks Chinese don't it???!!!)

Oct 6, 2009
  6. cookingwithlove

cookingwithlove Advanced Member Gold Member

Lightning fast veggie chilli in 29 min to dinner vol 2. Very good. Shows the DCB. Cheese is an optional side

7. Lindsay

Lindsay Gold Member

Vegan is really not that hard, unless you depend entirely on processed foods which do contain a lot of hidden animal products. You can also find vegan substitutes for practically everything from sour cream and cream cheese to meat. I routinely feed people vegetarian and vegan foods and they have no idea, unless I tell them or they know I'm veggie.
    If you have an idea of what you'd like to do (or if your host has requested something in particular) feel free to email me and I can help you figure out how to make it vegan lindsayrrmiller@yahoo.com

Oct 7, 2009
  8. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Anyone who knows me knows that we rarely eat processed foods. I stay away from processed foods. (and many Vegan substitutes are processed - containing soy isolates, etc...)

I still find a vegan diet hard....:D Vegetarian is completely different from Vegan. We eat many Naturally vegetarian meals.

Oct 7, 2009
  9. kaiser

kaiser Member Gold Member

summer spinach salad. asparagus mimosa (sugar and eggs left):

Oct 9, 2009
  10. shorelinecef

shorelinecef Novice Member

I made the Chicken, Avocado and Grapefruit Salad, just without the Chicken. For the cashew crumble, I used Vegan spread instead of butter. I actually served the chicken on the side for non-vegan guests, but it was delicious either way and the guests loved it.

Oct 13, 2009
Have something to add?