• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vegan Consulting: Tips and Tricks for Hosting Plant-Based Shows

In summary, the expert recommends starting out by only cooking vegan dishes and then working to include more meat-based dishes as the business grows. They also recommend catering to the guest's preferences and making sure the food is healthy.
pampermejolene
Gold Member
I already did a search and this hasn't been addressed in awhile so I'm starting a new thread.
Are there any vegan consultants out there?
What do you do at your shows?

I'm well aware that it is possible to cook and bake vegan, but from my experience (which is limited), it requires odd ingredients and sometimes longer prep time.

I'm not necessarily looking for recipes here, just advice on how you run your shows? How you go about picking recipes, ect.

Thanks!

I started out last year only preparing vegan dishes and the host would prepare a meat (usually chicken wings). This year I did the power cooking shows and 6 o'clock salad shows and did prepare meat. I am very torn because I want to have only vegan shows and I am not sure how to proceed at this time.

I'm not vegan but would like to cook healthier foods. Desserts tend to be favorites for my hosts. I know that I hurt my business by not encouraging more "American" meals but feel better about my options. I wish I could offer great advice. You are offering a service not teaching a philosophy so keep that focus. The service is to offer great products to help people cook whatever they want. Good luck.

The great thing about Pampered Chef is that it is your business and can work it any way you want within the guidelines of the company. I am a vegetarian.. not vegan though. I do cook what the host wants.. I have always cook meat for my family for it is my choice to be vege and not theirs. So I guess I am used to it. I do try desserts more than regular meals. But power cooking it priceless and a great tool for bookings these days. I always think... when in Rome ..do as the Romans.. So I cater to the host and what the guests want. It has been 18 years since I have eaten any meat or fish so I usually eat before I go.. and I like doing this because I am usually busy during the show. Healthier choices for meals is very important to me. I have always dealt with food allergies as well as my youngest son (now 20) So cooking at home has almost been a necessity. This is why I got involved with pampered chef in the first place. Check with your local health food store for leads. there are many vegetarians .. less vegans though. You could work with them to hold a few vegan shows. Years ago we had monthly get togethers with our vege club to try out new recipes.. You could start one of those. I also worked with my local health food store to hold a demo for people with celiacs disease in May. They can't have gluten at all. At the store, I made pizzas that were gluten free on our large stone with handles.(always better on a stone) I put minced garlic on the crust (that smelled heavenly) Cut little shapes with the creative cutters set out of bell peppers, zucchinis, (could also do pepperonis) and topped with cheese. They were a hit. I cooked them in a large toaster oven. Everyone loved the pizzas and the parents had another choice to serve kids that are gluten sensitive. Most vegans cook at home and need PC too!!. Few choices at McDonalds lol.. Hope this helps.

Thanks, great ideas!

1. What exactly is a plant-based show?

A plant-based show is a cooking demonstration or party where all of the recipes and dishes are made with only plant-based ingredients. This means that the food is free of any animal products, including meat, dairy, and eggs.

2. Do I have to be vegan to host a plant-based show?

No, you do not have to be vegan to host a plant-based show. Anyone can appreciate and enjoy delicious plant-based meals, regardless of their dietary preferences. Hosting a plant-based show is a great opportunity to try out new recipes and learn about alternative ingredients.

3. How can I make sure my plant-based show is a success?

The key to a successful plant-based show is planning and preparation. Make sure to choose recipes that are easy to follow and have all of your ingredients and cooking tools ready before the show. You can also promote your show to friends and family who are interested in plant-based eating.

4. What are some common challenges when hosting a plant-based show?

One of the biggest challenges when hosting a plant-based show is making sure that all of your guests are satisfied with the food. Some may be skeptical or hesitant about trying plant-based dishes, so it's important to provide a variety of flavorful and satisfying options. Another challenge may be finding alternative ingredients, but there are many resources available online and in stores to help with this.

5. Can I still use my Pampered Chef products for a plant-based show?

Absolutely! Many Pampered Chef products are versatile and can be used for both traditional and plant-based cooking. You can easily adapt recipes to fit your plant-based needs and use your Pampered Chef tools to make delicious and healthy meals for your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mommabear
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Mommabear
  • CyndiWilliams
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
CyndiWilliams
  • bakinwithbacon