• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Stones for Pampered Chef Consultant Show: Tips and Tricks!

Yes, baking soda is safe to use if it gets inside the stone. Just make sure you clean it off really well afterwards!
TinasKitchen
I am becoming a PC Consultant so I have been getting my stuff prepared for shows. My 2 stones have the vanilla coating on the sides. They are so brown b/c I could never get the outside clean. I wouldnt want to show them in that condition :( I think my Consultant at the time said I could use brillo but make sure I dont get the soap on the inside. I am trying to use a brillo pad now and I made sure to get most of the soap out of it. It seems to be helping.

Is there an easier way to clean the outside of this stone? I have one more to go and its hard!

Thanks!

Maybe try one of those plastic mesh things that are blue,yellow or green(don't know the tech name) :eek: and make a mixture paste of baking soda and water. That is what i have read that some people have used.

great ideaThank you! I thought of baking soda but didnt know what to do with it! lol

A customer told me she used Soft Scrub (very small amount, applied very gently) with good results.

TinasKitchen said:
Thank you! I thought of baking soda but didnt know what to do with it! lol

I made a paste of baking soda and water to show a customer [also my mom] how to clean it and it worked great. Depending on how caked on it is...it may take a while but using a nylon scrub pad/sponge should help too.

Sandi

Thank you so much LadiesI'm going to try either of those tonight. I officially sign on to be a consultant tonight.. so I"m pretty excited :)

product use and care guide says to make a paste of baking soda. You can let that sit for 20 minutes if it is bad. I always use a brillo pad and clean the outside of mine. But I would not reccomend that to a customer.

So the baking soda would be safe if I were to somehow get it inside the stone? Because I was petrified a bit of soap would enter the stone and I'd ruin it.

Thank you so much for your ideas!! I'm going to try it :)

cleaning the glazed stoneware.I have used the mr clean erasers, they work pretty well... :)

I use Soft Scrub too.

Help with cleaning the glazed stonewareI am not for sure where I heard this one, but it works wonderfully.. Do you know the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.. It doesn't have any chemicals (that I know of) and it takes all of that junk off of the Glazed Stoneware. I use the Magic Erasers all over my house.. They are amazing!! I have one in my PC drawer, that I only use on my glazed stone.. Hope this helps you guys.. I just found this site.. and love it!! Thanks to all of you!!

Mary :)

I just use one of those Scotch Brite scour pads (they're green but you can get off brands of the same thing too) to clean the outside of my glazed stoneware. I sometimes add a drop of dish soap. Works really well with very little elbow grease!

looking okWell girls I've tried the brillo which worked good and this morning I tried the magic erase which did ok. I didnt have much time to put my elbows into it. I will try the baking soda mix.

I have these stones for about 4 yrs so they are pretty bad looking.. its mostly in the crevaces of the glaze that is hard to get to.

Question: Can you use baking soda and water to clean the inside of your stone? I know thats a weird question but I've always felt my bar pan seemed a little greasy. Not extremely but just not as clean feeling as I'd like. As much as I run it under hot water and use my scraper, when its dry it just doesnt feel clean. I did use the baking soda w/ alot of water and it seems better. Just curious if it would harm the stone.

Thank you.
Tina

Yes, baking soda and water are the recommended "deep cleaning" method for stoneware. I think it's on the use and care guide for every stone! It's most definitely in the stoneware guidelines pages of the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook.

:)Thank you. Its the only stone that I felt I needed to do that to.. and also the only stone I use practically for everything!

Since I'm a brand new consultant, I wasnt sure what I could do.. I'm still learning.

Small amount of soap will NOT ruin your stoneware!
TinasKitchen said:
So the baking soda would be safe if I were to somehow get it inside the stone? Because I was petrified a bit of soap would enter the stone and I'd ruin it.

Thank you so much for your ideas!! I'm going to try it :)

If you get a small amount of soap on the stone, it still shouldn't hurt it. (Especially if it is a seasoned stone) I usually don't explain that to guests, so they don't do that too often. Sometimes they don't quite understand when you are making an exception to the "no soap" rule!! Also, you can let your guests know that if someone (like a helpful hubby) accidentally uses soap on the stone, bake off some cheap tube biscuits and then throw them away. That should be enough to "pull" the soap residue off of the stone!!

BTW, I regularly use the scratch pad part of my kitchen sponge with a small amount of soap to clean off the outside of my glazed stones...that way you don't ever get a build up on them. Otherwise, they start to look spotted with brown grease marks, which is what it sounds like you are dealing with right now.

HTH!!

I know the home office would probably frown upon it, but a small amount of scouring powder (ajax or comet) on a sponge on the OUTSIDE of the glazed stones cleans them beautifully if they are really stained. (Especially the vanilla ones). I needed one for a show once and was in a hurry. It looked brand new and took no time. So now, once and awhile I clean the outside this way. They are still bright and shiny and it did not dull them.

The brown is EXACTLY what I'm dealing with. its so hard to come off. The magic eraser is working fine but those grooves arent that easy. I'll try anything at this point b/c I just want the to look nice. I'm almost done w/ the round baking stone, now I have the rectangular stone to go.. that one is worse.

1. How do I clean my Pampered Chef stoneware?

To clean your Pampered Chef stoneware, first allow it to cool completely. Then, scrape off any excess food with a nylon scraper or non-metal spatula. If needed, you can also use a small amount of dish soap and a non-abrasive sponge to gently scrub any remaining residue. Rinse the stoneware with warm water and dry it thoroughly before storing.

2. Can I put my Pampered Chef stoneware in the dishwasher?

While the stoneware is dishwasher safe, it is recommended to hand wash it to preserve the seasoning and prevent any potential damage from harsh dishwasher detergents. If you do choose to use the dishwasher, place the stoneware on the top rack and avoid using any harsh or abrasive detergents.

3. How do I remove stains or discoloration from my Pampered Chef stoneware?

If your stoneware has any stubborn stains or discoloration, you can create a paste using equal parts baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the affected area and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge. Rinse and dry the stoneware thoroughly.

4. Can I use soap or oil on my Pampered Chef stoneware?

It is not recommended to use soap on the stoneware as it can remove the seasoning and affect the non-stick surface. You can use a small amount of oil on the stoneware before each use to help maintain the non-stick surface.

5. How often do I need to season my Pampered Chef stoneware?

You should season your Pampered Chef stoneware every 5-6 uses, or when you notice the non-stick surface starting to diminish. To season, simply rub a small amount of oil onto the stoneware with a paper towel or cloth, and bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at 400°F. Allow the stoneware to cool completely before using or storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
GeorgiaPeach
  • HeatherB
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
kam
  • etteluap70PC
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies