• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vanilla Chips for Strawberry Cheesecake Microwave Cake: What to Do?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of vanilla chips in microwave cakes and whether white chocolate chips can be used as a substitute. It also includes a tip for making a strawberry cheesecake flavored micro-cake.
esavvymom
Staff member
I noticed several of the microwave cakes (specifically, ones I want to make this week), use "Vanilla Chips". I'm not sure I know what those are or if my rinky-dink stores here would have them. I have several bags of White Chocolate Chips...do you think can I use those in the Strawberry Cheesecake flavored cake?? Should I add a drop of vanilla to the cake maybe, or just the chips?

Ideas? I have to run to the Food Lion for a couple produce items, so I'll look and see if they have them, but I won't hold my breath.

esavvymom said:
I noticed several of the microwave cakes (specifically, ones I want to make this week), use "Vanilla Chips". I'm not sure I know what those are or if my rinky-dink stores here would have them. I have several bags of White Chocolate Chips...do you think can I use those in the Strawberry Cheesecake flavored cake?? Should I add a drop of vanilla to the cake maybe, or just the chips?

Ideas? I have to run to the Food Lion for a couple produce items, so I'll look and see if they have them, but I won't hold my breath.

Vanilla Chips, and White Chocolate Chips are one and the same.

yeah! Thank yoU! I was hoping someone would tell me that.

esavvymom said:
yeah! Thank yoU! I was hoping someone would tell me that.

:sing::D:chef::D:chef::D:sing:

You're welcome!

Technically, there is no such thing as white chocolate, because it doesn't contain any cocoa solids. So by law, it can't be called "chocolate." That's why the white chips are called vanilla chips.This has been another useless fact from the brain of Ann.

A note on the Strawberry Cheesecake Micro Cake... I have tried to make it twice, the first at a show and the host's microwave sucked and it never did get cooked right all the way through, but then I made it at home once (where I have a great microwave that I've made a ton of the micro-cakes) and I burnt the crap out of it! So, just follow the directions exactly and watch the cake... I think that I would check it at 8 minutes and go from there... It sounds and looks so good, someday I'm going to make it and be able to eat it!!! Good Luck!

Thanks for the tips!

What are the ingredients for the Vanilla Chips for Strawberry Cheesecake Microwave Cake?

The ingredients for the Vanilla Chips for Strawberry Cheesecake Microwave Cake include: vanilla chips, cream cheese, strawberries, sugar, eggs, butter, flour, and baking powder.

Can I substitute the vanilla chips for another type of chocolate chip?

Yes, you can substitute the vanilla chips for any type of chocolate chip or even white chocolate chips if preferred.

Do I need a special type of microwave for this recipe?

No, you can use any standard microwave for this recipe. Just make sure to follow the cooking instructions carefully.

Can I make this cake ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator?

Yes, you can make the cake ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Just make sure to cover it tightly to prevent it from drying out.

Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh?

Yes, you can use frozen strawberries for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them before using and drain any excess liquid.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampermejolene
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • ChefPaulaB