1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Using The Wedding Registry For Other Things

1. Chef Bobby

Chef Bobby Veteran Member Gold Member

We have a local radio station that uses local businesses to help needy families at Christmas. They were talking about a family that just lost everything to a house fire.
    I think it would be nice to set up something like the online registry with the complete kitchen wishlist for someone like that. I sent in a suggestion to the HO and got the automated email response.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Dec 15, 2009
  2. Monty060609

Monty060609 Member

that would be great!
    Maybe if they had a main registry with a few options on occasion like wedding, birthday, house-warming.

Or maybe set it up like a fundraiser for a family? People could buy them items AND they could get the cash donation.

Dec 15, 2009
  3. StacieB

StacieB Veteran Member Gold Member

You could do a catalog show and have them buy things for the family and then use the free product to get more items.

Dec 15, 2009
  4. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I think the catalog show would work easier too.

If you add all the items to ONE guest order under the name of the receiving family, there's only ONE "ship to host" amount, then build in each paying customer with zero items and the amount they paid (their items with tax but no shipping). As the consultant, I would pay the one $4.25 "ship to host" fee and call it done. :D That way all the warranties are under the receiving family name and not each individual paying customer, AND you just did a favor to all the customers who are donating by saving them a shipping cost. ;)

In the notes section on the summary tab of the show, put that all of the items are donations for a family who had a house fire. I'm assuming that corporate can see those comments.

Dec 15, 2009
  5. ajhunt2

ajhunt2 Novice Member

I was curious about this too. We have what the call Challenge houses in town. A couple or person lives there and basically does ministry work out of the house, while they live there. They help out the community and such. Lower income areas and the likes. I wondered what the best way would be for them to be able to choose the products they wanted in the house, and then have people buy them for them. Husband suggested having them make a list and do it LIKE a registry. I wanted to do a "show" but invited governement and church and other local people to the house to see what all goes on there. Any suggestions?

Dec 21, 2009
Have something to add?