• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using the APampered ChefS for Fruits & Veggies: Beyond Apples & Potatoes

In summary, the Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer can be used for round fruits like pears or peaches and even vegetables like carrots or potatoes. The Pampered Chef Veggie Spiralizer can be used for a variety of vegetables, but not hard or thick-skinned ones. To clean the Pampered Chef Salad Chopper, separate the blades and wash with warm, soapy water. The Pampered Chef Tomato & Mozzarella Cutter can slice soft cheeses like mozzarella and brie, but not hard or aged ones. The Pampered Chef Herb Mill can grind fresh herbs and spices, but make sure to clean it thoroughly between uses.
kathijenkins
I know this has probably been covered on here somewhere but I can't find it...what BESIDES apples & potatoes can you use the APCS with? My mom was wondering if you could peel oranges & that got me thinking...could you use it for cucumbers, kiwi, etc?:confused:

No, probably not. The item needs to be pretty firm for it not to work lose during use (some varieties of apple don't even work well). I keep meaning to try it with firm pears, but never have them in the house when I think of it.

chefann said:
No, probably not. The item needs to be pretty firm for it not to work lose during use (some varieties of apple don't even work well). I keep meaning to try it with firm pears, but never have them in the house when I think of it.

Pears work, I've used them many times...:D

Thank you!! I'll let Mom know you can use it for apples, pears & potatoes.:)

It only works on pretty firm pears though... I have to use the apple wedger when I do most pears in season, because they are softer. I love the wedger for when I have a lot of pears for canning (poached pears in cinnamon vanilla syrup...yum!) I think I use the APCS only if I have a lot of apples to do... and only then when my kids aren't around because the blade is soooo sharp! I cut the beegeebers out of one of my fingers with it! So, I love it, but have to be careful.

1. How do I use the Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer for other fruits besides apples?

The Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer can also be used for other round fruits such as pears or peaches. Simply adjust the peeling blade to fit the size of the fruit and follow the same steps as you would for apples. You can also use it to peel carrots or potatoes.

2. Can I use the Pampered Chef Veggie Spiralizer for all types of vegetables?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Veggie Spiralizer can be used for a variety of vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, sweet potatoes, and even butternut squash. However, it is not recommended for use with hard or thick-skinned vegetables like beets or turnips.

3. How do I clean the Pampered Chef Salad Chopper?

To clean the Pampered Chef Salad Chopper, simply separate the blades from the handle and wash them with warm, soapy water. The handle can be wiped clean with a damp cloth. Make sure to dry all parts thoroughly before storing.

4. Can I use the Pampered Chef Tomato & Mozzarella Cutter for other types of cheese?

While the Pampered Chef Tomato & Mozzarella Cutter is specifically designed for slicing soft cheese like mozzarella, it can also be used for other types of soft cheese such as brie or goat cheese. However, it is not recommended for use with hard or aged cheeses.

5. How do I use the Pampered Chef Herb Mill to grind spices?

The Pampered Chef Herb Mill is designed to grind fresh herbs, but it can also be used to grind spices. Simply remove the herb stem, place the desired spices in the mill, and twist the handle to grind. Make sure to clean the mill thoroughly between uses to avoid cross-contamination of flavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefetteDuJour
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefetteDuJour
  • andrealynne719
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • Stephanie S