• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Stoneware Be Used for Steaming Rice Balls in a Pan of Boiling Water?

In summary, stoneware is a type of ceramic material that is commonly used for cooking and baking due to its ability to distribute heat evenly. To use stoneware for steaming, a small amount of water is added to the dish and it is placed in the oven or microwave. It is suitable for steaming vegetables, meat, and fish, but it is important to ensure they are fully cooked before consuming. Preheating is not necessary and cleaning stoneware after steaming is simple, requiring only warm water and a non-abrasive scrub brush or sponge.
susanr613
Gold Member
I met with some Jain Hindu ladies last night to discuss a possible fundraiser. They asked me if our stoneware can be placed in a pan of boiling water, to steam rice balls (placed in the stoneware).

I have a call in to the Solution Center, but figured I'd also post here.

TIA -

I would say no. It is not recommended to put pans in or no our stones.

What about the new steamer? That works great for the wontons...

I'm not understanding how the stone would fit into the pot to work as a steamer?

the way she explained it it's like putting a clay pot in a roasting pan.

susanr613 said:
the way she explained it it's like putting a clay pot in a roasting pan.

Oh - I make Flan like that! I use the deep dish baker inside the roasting pan, and then there is water in the roaster. It works great. I've done this several times. (we LOVE flan!)

I don't know if that answers your question, but that's how I've used it!

What is stoneware and how is it used for steaming?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic material that is made from clay and fired at a high temperature. It is commonly used for cooking and baking because of its ability to distribute heat evenly. To use stoneware for steaming, you simply add a small amount of water to the bottom of the dish and place it in the oven or microwave to create steam.

Can I use stoneware to steam vegetables?

Yes, stoneware is great for steaming vegetables because it helps to retain their natural flavors and nutrients. Simply place your vegetables in the stoneware dish, add a small amount of water, and cook in the oven or microwave until they are tender.

Do I need to preheat my stoneware before steaming?

No, preheating is not necessary when steaming with stoneware. The moisture from the water will create steam as soon as the dish is placed in the oven or microwave.

Can I use stoneware to steam meat or fish?

Yes, stoneware can be used to steam meat or fish, but it is important to make sure that they are fully cooked before consuming. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature reaches a safe level.

How do I clean stoneware after steaming?

Cleaning stoneware after steaming is simple. Allow the dish to cool completely, then soak it in warm water for a few minutes to loosen any stuck-on food. Use a non-abrasive scrub brush or sponge to gently clean the dish, and avoid using harsh chemicals or metal utensils which can damage the stoneware. Rinse and dry thoroughly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tlennhoff
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • RaggedyAunt
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • ChefKeender