1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Using my new Christmas Present

1. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

Merry Christmas everyone. Normally I wouldn't get on the computer on Christmas, but I'm using my new gift:)! My husband got me a laptop! I was shocked! Now I can take it to my next show, but I'll have to transfer all my info. for PP to it first.

2. Awesome gift! A little advice, when taking a laptop to a show it may put off potential consultants due to the fact they might not have one and may not be able to get one.

Dec 25, 2009
  3. Dina Atnip

Dina Atnip Advanced Member Gold Member

Way to go you were good this year Yea You

Dec 25, 2009
  4. pampchefrhondab

Thanks:)! I'm not so sure it was I was good, my husband wanted a laptop too (LOL). He had one with his old job and now doesn't have one anymore. We will keep the desktop as well so we can have more on the internet at one time:)!'

Yeah I know some may think they need one to do PC. I haven't had much success w/recruiting anyway, but I would mention they don't have to have a laptop.

I just finished installing my antivirus - no 1 priority:)!

5. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

People mention all the time that taking a laptop to a show might be a turn off to potential consultants but I have also had several guests/hosts say, "Boy isn't that convenient. You're smart bringing that and making your life easier." OR they get nosey and look at the program as I enter their items in and think that its great that Pampered Chef gives us such software. It can go both ways. I won't inconvenience myself at every show on the "what if" of turning someone away. There are so many variables that we could say would be a turn off to someone but if someone has an interest, they will ask a question (of some kind) that will allow me or anyone else the opportunity to mention that it's not necessary. Enjoy your laptop at your shows! I couldn't imagine taking orders without it.

Dec 25, 2009
  6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Agreeing with Melissa....but I know for me personally, it makes things go so much faster and smoother- and with fewer mistakes on my part! I've tried it both ways, and really like the laptop. I don't stress over remembering things, adding numbers incorrectly, or having to flip through the catalog to look up item numbers sometimes (when customers don't write them down, etc). It's nice.

Dec 25, 2009
  7. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

i have taken my laptop for years it doesnt hurt my recruiting and many guests compliment me on how professional and accurate and quick it is. consultants of other direct sales are very jealous!! i even had a stampin up lady asked me what office store i bought it at she thought it was soemthing she could get and customize for her

Dec 25, 2009
  8. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Totally agree! Plus the fact that I used a PC paycheck to buy mine just another great reason to show off what PC can do for you!

Dec 25, 2009
  9. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I have to agree with those who say it doesn't hurt.

I've never once had it be a negative in a conversation, but I've had people comment OFTEN on what a great idea it is. I recruited 7 people from July-Nov...so I don't think it hurt my recruiting a bit.

Dec 26, 2009
  10. pampchefrhondab

I've heard people like it and other don't. I've done fine without it, but will give it a try at my next show. It will be nice I won't have to come home and key in all the orders, plus like others have said no mistakes on the cost. I haven't made too many mistakes through the years, but every once in a while I havel. Or the customer has the price wrong. I'll let you all know how I like it after the 16th:)!

Have something to add?