1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Using Evites website....

1. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

My Fall Preview Extravaganza is Monday.

I've been sick for the past 10 days, and this week it seems to have gotten worse instead of better. My invitations for my Party went out this Tuesday (yep - a full 6 days before the show!:eek::eek:) and I thought I was going to have to resort to using my website e-invitations, as much as I hate those (I hate not being able to personalize it, not having people open it, etc...). I couldn't really call people and invite them, because I have this nasty bronchitis, and I don't have a voice...plus I start coughing uncontrollably when I do try to talk.
    Then, I got an invite to a Purse Party (what is it with Miche - must be the new big thing, because I've had several invites to that kind of party lately) from Evites....so I decided to give it a try!

I was able to transport my list to there - easy! Write out the exact invite that I wanted, hit one button, and I was done!

Now - at a glance I can see everyone who has viewed the invite (not one at a time like on the website.:grumpy:) and get notification every time someone RSVP's!

I sent it out yesterday, and have 8 YES, and 1 Maybe, and 6 NO.....from the written invites I sent, so far I've had one Yes.

I think from now on I'm going to encourage my hosts to use Evites, instead of the website. Much more user friendly!

Aug 27, 2009
  2. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

That was Madonna, right?

[​IMG]

3. ChefBeckyD

That was quick! And it made me go back and look to make sure I'd typed evite, and not evita.

That was a weird movie. Not a Madonna fan.

Aug 27, 2009
  4. The_Kitchen_Guy

I just see things...I'm not a Madonna fan, either, and it was a weird film (IMHO) but the resemblance between Eva Peron and Madonna is striking.

At least I didn't use the other obvious homonym, either:

Using Elvis website ...

5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

LOL That made me laugh, Becky.

Aug 27, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

I thought it was eerie.

I'm not sure why I went to that movie - probably mostly because I was interested in the history of the story.

Aug 27, 2009
  7. The_Kitchen_Guy

I went to see it simply because I like Andrew Lloyd-Webber.

Wow - did we hijack this one in a hurry!

8. ChefBeckyD

LOL - and I'm the one who started it.

Now that I think about it, ALW may be why I went too. At least the music was good. But not his best, by far.

Aug 27, 2009
  9. The_Kitchen_Guy

One of my favorites is certainly not his best music. In fact, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is basically one theme that gets recycled throughout the show.

I was fortunate enough to see Donny Osmond in the lead roll at the Chicago Theater several years ago. There was a mechanism that extended out over the audience. It resembled the track from a garage door opener, and in fact, it was. I pointed to it and shrugged. I said, "It's an Andrew Lloyd-Webber show." In unison, we said, "Someone's gonna fly before it's over!"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
Have something to add?