• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using a DVD player at booths: Any tips or success stories?

In summary, Rhonda used her portable DVD player at a Farmers Market and found that it was not effective because it needed to be at eye level. However, she found success using it when she inverted a collapsible bowl and placed it on the table.
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
I was interested in getting a portable DVD player to bring to booths because I think playing the "Your Life, Your Way" DVD will draw interest to my booth. I am going to try it for the first time this Saturday. Luckily, a friend at work gave me a DVD player for free.

Has anyone done this? What was the reaction?

I took a small 13" tv w/built-in DVD player. I didn't get anyone interested because of it, but I think it looked nice playing at the end of my booth.

Of course, it just depends on your crowd.

I've never done this. I think it really depends on your event. The one I did on Friday was very noisy with lots of people. I can't imagine anyone being able to hear it and few able to see it.However, my expo on Saturday was smaller and quieter. Of course, there was also music playing, so it might be difficult for some people to hear.

Thank you for your experience, Rhonda. I was also thinking I might play a segment from the Interactive Cooking Show DVD or maybe a segment from the Spring/Summer Product DVD. I would like to experiment to see which one gets their attention the best.

raebates said:
I've never done this. I think it really depends on your event. The one I did on Friday was very noisy with lots of people. I can't imagine anyone being able to hear it and few able to see it.

However, my expo on Saturday was smaller and quieter. Of course, there was also music playing, so it might be difficult for some people to hear.

Thanks, Rae. These are very good points. I will be outside at a Farmer's Market. The noise level varies and sometimes a man is there playing a guitar and singing but not next to my area. I guess there is no harm trying, right?

Most laptops play DVDs also.

My laptop plays DVDs.. but it will only play for about 2 hours on a charge.. do you have access to electricity? Please let us know how it turns out!!

I think I'd play the product one actually b/c it's something to SEE without feeling like you are being sold. Nothing that I wouldn't show someone either (not too..."this is how you should be selling stuff").

I'm actually doing a booth this weekend, and the idea came up when talking with my fellow consultants. We were thinking the Opportunity DVD, as well as the Cooking Shows in Action. The latter has lots of bits of the cooking show without outside commentary, and might help those who want to know more about what happens.

I like the idea of the S/S DVD. Not only for the products, but for the recipe demos too. I always love those sped up ladies :)

Thank you all for your great ideas. I don't own a laptop (yet) so the portable DVD player will work for now.

I have done this.
Most of the time it's too noisy, some people look at it.
I've also ran the New Product / recipes DVD too!
There has been some interest w/that.

I used my portable DVD player on Saturday. I think it needs to be at eye level to be effective. I had it on the table and no one paid attention except preschoolers. Then I inverted a collapsible bowl and put it on there. Again, not high enough, only high enough for kids. Next time, I will place it on a plastic stool and it will get more attention.

eye level is key. I bring a baker's rack and have put it there. You'll get lots of comments from other vendors - book them to having shows!

I know this is an older thread - but did you have an luck when you used your DVD player? I have my first Farmers Market this month and thought about doing this - maybe using the new products DVD?

DessertDivaFL said:
I used my portable DVD player on Saturday. I think it needs to be at eye level to be effective. I had it on the table and no one paid attention except preschoolers. Then I inverted a collapsible bowl and put it on there. Again, not high enough, only high enough for kids. Next time, I will place it on a plastic stool and it will get more attention.

PamperedSD said:
I know this is an older thread - but did you have an luck when you used your DVD player? I have my first Farmers Market this month and thought about doing this - maybe using the new products DVD?

I haven't been using it because I think a bigger screen would be helpful. However, I am glad to see your post because I am participating in an Irish Festival this weekend and I am showing off the new products. Maybe I will have my DVD player with me this time.

I used my laptop once, it was a pain to keep remembering to start the DVD over. I've seriously been thinking about investing in a digital photo frame and letting it rotate through all the product photos! :D I haven't yet invested the $ in the frame or the time into making all the photos. I'm sure it would take a while, but since I do multiple booths a month, I'm sure it would be worth the time & effort in the long run.

1. How do I connect the DVD player to the booth TV?

To connect the DVD player to the booth TV, you will need an HDMI cable. Simply plug one end of the HDMI cable into the DVD player's HDMI output and the other end into the TV's HDMI input. Make sure to select the correct HDMI input on the TV to view the DVD player's content.

2. Can I play any type of DVD on the DVD player at the booth?

Yes, the DVD player at the booth is capable of playing all types of DVDs, including regular DVDs, Blu-rays, and even DVDs from other regions. However, please note that the DVD player may not be able to play DVDs that are damaged or scratched.

3. Do I need to bring my own DVDs to play at the booth?

No, you do not need to bring your own DVDs. The DVD player at the booth already has a selection of DVDs available for use. If you have a specific DVD you would like to play, please inform the booth manager and they will do their best to accommodate your request.

4. Can I control the DVD player at the booth?

Yes, you can control the DVD player at the booth using the remote control provided. The remote control will allow you to play, pause, rewind, and fast forward the DVD as well as adjust the volume. Please make sure to return the remote control to the booth manager after use.

5. Is there a time limit for using the DVD player at the booth?

There is no set time limit for using the DVD player at the booth. However, please be considerate of other booth visitors and do not hog the DVD player for an extended period of time. If there is a line of people waiting to use the DVD player, please limit your viewing time to allow others a chance to use it as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
katreallycooks
  • vanscootin
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • babywings76