• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Deep Covered Baker in Microwave

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker can be used in the microwave by placing food inside and covering it with the lid, setting the appropriate cooking time and power level, and keeping the lid slightly ajar for steam to escape. It is safe to use in all standard household microwaves and can be used for a variety of foods. It is also safe to use in the oven, but the lid should be removed before placing it inside. The baker can be cleaned in the dishwasher or by hand with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. When cooking in the microwave, the Deep Covered Baker creates a steamy environment that helps retain moisture and nutrients in the food, resulting in quick and healthy meals.
ChefDi
Gold Member
A friend of ours just moved into his first apartment. He's a young, single guy who wants to learn to cook but doesn't know much now. We want to get him the deep covered baker, but his microwave doesn't have the carousel in it. I thought there were instructions for microwaves without them, but I can't find anything. I have never had one without it. Any tips or suggestions? I'm assuming he will have to turn it, but how often? Thanks!Di

Hey there - I'm downsizing & moved into an apartment.
The deep covered baker won't even fit into the microwave!
The large stoneware barely fits into the oven.
For a young guy learning how to cook, might I suggest an excellent forged cutlery utility knife & cutting board would be far more useful? He'll remember it for years.
I didn't have a decent knife until I was in my 30s.

Don't forget...there is the Round Covered Baker, but also a smaller version of the Deep Covered Baker is coming out this week in the spring line. It may fit in a smaller microwave (I think it's about half the size of the original DCB).

Typically turn a vessel every 1/4 of the cooking time, or every 4 minutes, whichever is less. I made lots of 3-2-1 cakes (look on files) in microwaves without turntables and wowed folks every time regardless if there was a turntable in the microwave or not. Remember a microwave heats from the bottom, and that resting time is important. As you know, foods with a high water content or foods that can steam do very well in a microwave.

Thanks! Now that they came out with the smaller one, I might get him that one. Just can't decide - so many options! lol

1. How do I use the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave?

To use the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave, simply place your food inside the baker and cover it with the lid. Make sure the lid is slightly ajar to allow steam to escape. Set the microwave to the appropriate cooking time and power level according to your recipe. The baker is safe to use in all standard household microwaves.

2. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave for all types of food?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is versatile and can be used for a variety of foods such as meats, vegetables, casseroles, and even desserts. Just make sure to follow the recommended cooking times and power levels for your specific recipe.

3. How do I clean the Deep Covered Baker after using it in the microwave?

The Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe, so you can simply place it in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. If you prefer to hand wash, use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials as they can damage the baker's surface.

4. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in the oven as well?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is safe to use in both the microwave and oven. It can withstand temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. However, make sure to remove the lid before placing it in the oven as it is not safe to use the lid at high temperatures.

5. How does the Deep Covered Baker cook food differently in the microwave compared to traditional methods?

The Deep Covered Baker uses the microwave's energy to create a steamy environment inside the baker, allowing food to cook quickly and evenly. This method helps retain moisture and nutrients in the food, resulting in delicious and healthy meals in a fraction of the time compared to traditional cooking methods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • karenwisn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
morgieloo88
  • allergycooker