• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use a Bar Pan to Make a Taco Ring?

In summary, Sandy is trying to figure out if there is a way to make the taco ring without a round stone, and if not, will try to do the braid.
SandyG
I have not made any of the rings yet. I just booked a Sept. show, and the host would like the taco ring. I don't have a round stone, but do have the large bar pan. Is there any reason I can't use that, and make more of a taco oval-shaped ring?

I will definitely try the recipe before the show (DH will probably love it), but thought it was worth asking.

Thanks so much.

Sandy

Just turn it into the Braid, instead of the Ring. It will be the same, just a different design. It is a yummy recipe, too!

If the host specifically wants a ring, do you have someone in your area you can borrow a round stone from? Your director maybe??

Your host might not know there is a braid that you can do. Chances are she just likes the filling!

I agree, borrow the round stone if you can.. part of the beauty of the taco ring is the presentation! ( it was actually demo'd at the FIRST PC show I went to about 14 years ago... I bought EVERY PRODUCT SHE DEMO'D!) IF not, then try it at home with the barpan in an oblong way...

Do the braid on the Bar Pan or borrow a round stone. :)

I've done the enchilada ring on a large bar pan- it still works

cookin to the top said:
I've done the enchilada ring on a large bar pan- it still works

Enchilada ring?????? more, more, recipe please!

I have the instructions on how to make the ring. Can someone provide details on the braid?

The Chicken- Enchilada Ring: It's in the "Celebrate!" cookbook

* Put the barpan on a surface with one of the short sides facing you.
* Make a straight line up the middle of the barpan. Short side of the triangles toward the middle & the points going to your right & left.
* Place your filling of choice up the middle.
* Start at the end closest to you. Pull a triangle from the right over the filling and lay it gently to the left. Then pull from the left over to the right.
* Repeat all the way up the bar pan, alternating one side to the other each time.(Of course once you have the concept down, you can put the bar pan at any angle, that was just to give you a reference for doing the design. ;))

Thank you, everyone. For fear of breaking of breaking someone's stone if borrowed and not having storage room for my own, I think I'll do the braid. I've sold more bar pans than round stones, so this will just be another recipe to pass on to the bar pan lovers...and to add to my demos. I think we'll be having it for dinner one night this week so that I can give it a try.

BTW, made the braid. Very yummy, and worked well. Just had to figure out how to handle the sides of the bar pan, but not too bad, and looked fairly good once brushed with egg white and topped with more cheese. DH approved, so will become part of our dinner rotation.
Thanks to all.

Thanks for starting this thread. I love the rings but only have the bar pan - now I can't wait to try this. I've never made a braid but I'm sure there are great instruction on here on how to do one.

PamperedSD said:
Thanks for starting this thread. I love the rings but only have the bar pan - now I can't wait to try this. I've never made a braid but I'm sure there are great instruction on here on how to do one.

If you have the All the Best cookbook it has a whole section on how to do the Braids, Wreaths and Rings (with pictures) and has several different filling recipes too. It's a must have cook book, so if you don't have it, you should get it!

cookin to the top said:
The Chicken- Enchilada Ring: It's in the "Celebrate!" cookbook

Guess whats for dinner tonight?

1. How do I clean the Bar Pan after using it to make a Taco Ring?

To clean the Bar Pan, use hot water and a mild dish soap. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils that could scratch the non-stick coating. If any stubborn residue remains, you can also soak the pan in warm, soapy water before washing it.

2. Can I use the Bar Pan for other recipes besides a Taco Ring?

Yes, the Bar Pan is a versatile tool that can be used for a variety of recipes, including casseroles, roasted vegetables, and even desserts. Its non-stick surface and even heat distribution make it great for baking and roasting.

3. How do I prevent the Taco Ring from sticking to the Bar Pan?

To prevent sticking, make sure to spray the Bar Pan with a non-stick cooking spray or lightly grease it with oil before placing the dough for the Taco Ring. You can also use parchment paper to line the pan for easy clean-up.

4. Can I use the Bar Pan in the microwave?

No, the Bar Pan is not safe to use in the microwave. It is designed to be used in the oven or broiler.

5. How long should I bake the Taco Ring on the Bar Pan?

The baking time for a Taco Ring on the Bar Pan will vary depending on your oven and the recipe you are using. Generally, it takes about 25-30 minutes at 375°F to fully cook the dough and melt the cheese. It's always best to check on it periodically to ensure it is cooked to your desired level.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Boomerjojo
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Boomerjojo
Replies
Views
yourpcgal
  • ktmoms
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies