• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using a PDA for Live Performance: Success Stories?

In summary, using a PDA for live performance offers benefits such as increased efficiency, organization, and convenience. It can serve as a digital metronome or tuner and allows for quick communication with bandmates or technicians. While it may not completely replace traditional sheet music, it can serve as a useful supplement. To ensure reliability during a performance, it is important to fully charge the device and have a designated person managing it. Many musicians have had success using a PDA in their performances, and some tips for using it include practicing beforehand, having a backup plan, and minimizing distractions.
whitetiger
Gold Member
just talked to tech support , they said we can use pp3 on a pda, but they wont give tech support. Wondering if anyone was using a PDA for their shows

honostly I never even thought of it. I think it would be really hard to enter things on that little tiny screen. I just take my laptop to shows.

Oh wow. I'd be much more likely to buy a good PDA than a laptop... but I'd have to try it out and see if it worked... and likely have to return a couple of PDAs until I found the *right* one.Hmm...

That would be interesting and something I might be open to...

My pda is tons lighter than my laptop, I would be interested also.

On the other hand, there will be times we NEED tech support - and if they're going to say "sorry, can't help" and we lose business because of it... is that worth it?:(

What are the benefits of using a PDA for live performance?

Using a PDA for live performance offers several benefits, including increased efficiency, organization, and convenience. With a PDA, you can easily access and store all of your performance materials, such as sheet music or lyrics, in one place. It can also serve as a digital metronome or tuner, eliminating the need for additional equipment. Additionally, a PDA allows for quick and easy communication with bandmates or sound technicians during a performance.

Can a PDA replace traditional sheet music or lyrics?

While a PDA can serve as a digital repository for sheet music and lyrics, it may not completely replace traditional paper copies. Some performers may prefer the tactile experience of using physical sheet music or lyrics. However, a PDA can be a useful supplement and backup for those materials.

How do I ensure my PDA is reliable during a live performance?

To ensure the reliability of your PDA during a live performance, it is important to fully charge the device beforehand and have a backup power source, such as a portable charger. It is also recommended to have a designated person in charge of managing the PDA during the performance, to avoid any technical mishaps.

Are there any success stories from musicians using a PDA for live performance?

Yes, there are many success stories from musicians who have incorporated a PDA into their live performances. Some have found it to be a game-changer in terms of organization and efficiency, while others have praised its convenience and versatility. Many musicians have also noted that using a PDA has allowed them to streamline their performances and focus more on their music.

What are some tips for using a PDA in a live performance?

Some useful tips for using a PDA in a live performance include practicing with the device beforehand to become familiar with its features, having a backup plan in case of technical difficulties, and minimizing distractions by turning off notifications and silencing incoming calls. It is also important to have a clear and organized system for accessing and navigating your performance materials on the PDA.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• calebsmom0822
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • ltkacz
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JaimeQ
  • nikked