• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using a Mac With pp? Please Advise.

SabrinaIn summary, the conversation was about a person considering getting a Mac to streamline their office. They mentioned the benefits of the Apple iMac and cordless accessories. They sought advice from others about using Pampered Partner on a Mac and were informed about the option of using a windows emulation program. Some users recommended getting a PC instead, while others recommended specific programs like Parallels. In the end, the person decided to go ahead with getting a Mac and received additional tips and advice from others.
Melinda
I am considering getting a Mac to streamline my office. I am loving the Apple iMac with no tower (everything is in the monitor, which is flat) and cordless keyboard and mouse. I contacted Pampered Partner about using a Mac and this is what they said:

"A windows emulation program can be installed on your Mac to simulate a
Windows environment. You will then be able to install the PamperedPartner.
Some consultants have been successful using Virtual PC by Connectix or Soft
Windows by Insignia Solutions along with Microsoft Internet Explorer to
transmit orders."

Do any of you use a Mac and have any program tips, advice or other suggestions before I take the plunge? Thanks!
Melinda

DON'T DO IT...I have an imac and by the time you buy everything needed to make the program compatable you can buy a cheap computer. I just bought the Dell on special, it was like $499 or something and I was still money ahead then trying to make my computer compatable. Mac's do save room and are nice to have...they are just too expensive to have to buy extra software so you can use it. I think how popular Mac's are they should make a program that will work with them...who knows maybe someday.

Hope that helps

Sabrina

Not worth it!!I have used the virtual PC and to be honest i found that it was "painfully" SLOW. I would recommend getting a PC. I just bought a Compaq and I love it!! Good Luck

Thanks Ladies!I think we'll go ahead and get one. I was going to sell my laptop but will keep it and make it dedicated to my PC stuff. Great advice. So glad I asked. Thanks again. Melinda :)

Hi Melinda,As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I completely understand the need for streamlining our office and utilizing technology to make our business more efficient. I have personally used a Mac for my Pampered Chef business and have found it to be a great tool.In terms of using Pampered Partner on a Mac, I have also used a windows emulation program called Parallels. It allows you to run a Windows operating system on your Mac, making it compatible with Pampered Partner and other PC programs. I have found it to be very user-friendly and have had no issues using Pampered Partner on my Mac through Parallels.Another tip is to make sure you have the latest version of Microsoft Office for Mac, as it will also be helpful in running Pampered Partner smoothly.I hope this helps and good luck with your decision! Let me know if you have any other questions.Best,

1. What is pp and how can I use it on my Mac?

pp, or Microsoft PowerPoint, is a popular presentation software that is compatible with Mac computers. You can use it by purchasing a subscription to Microsoft Office for Mac or by purchasing a standalone version of PowerPoint for Mac.

2. Can I transfer my PowerPoint files from a PC to a Mac?

Yes, you can easily transfer your PowerPoint files from a PC to a Mac by using a USB drive or by uploading them to a cloud storage service such as OneDrive or Dropbox. You can also use the built-in migration assistant on your Mac to transfer files from a PC.

3. How do I open and edit a PowerPoint presentation on my Mac?

To open and edit a PowerPoint presentation on your Mac, you can simply double-click on the file to open it in PowerPoint. You can also open PowerPoint and then click on "File" and "Open" to select the presentation you want to edit.

4. Can I customize the toolbar in PowerPoint on my Mac?

Yes, you can customize the toolbar in PowerPoint on your Mac by right-clicking on the toolbar and selecting "Customize Toolbar." You can then add or remove buttons and rearrange them to fit your needs.

5. How do I save a PowerPoint presentation on my Mac?

To save a PowerPoint presentation on your Mac, click on "File" and then "Save." You can also use the keyboard shortcut "Command + S" to quickly save your presentation. You can choose where to save the file and give it a name before clicking "Save."

Back