• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transferring Order Info from Laptop to PP: How Do I Do It?

You can also email the information to your customers. You can also send them a PDF of the receipt. You can email the information to your customers. You can also send them a PDF of the receipt.
strasfamily
For those of you that use a laptop at your shows, how do you transfer the order information from the laptop to PP on your main computer? I have a thumb drive, I just don't know how I would get the info into PP. Thanks!

The only place PP is installed is on my laptop. I take it to shows and use the jump drive to back it up before I leave for home. That way I'm always assured of a current back up in case something happens.

If you're going to switch over to a laptop, then install PP and do a restore from back up using the info on your jump/back up drive.

I only use my laptop as well, that is where everything is and that is where I send my shows from, couldn't live without it!!

soonerchef said:
I only use my laptop as well, that is where everything is and that is where I send my shows from, couldn't live without it!!
Me too! I love it!:D

I have been wondering about the 2 computer situation myself. I have a company laptop and a personal computer. If I use my company laptop, and load PP on it, I can use my jump drive to transfer the data back to my personal PC? I would love to have a computer at my shows.

I use my laptop for everything. We have wireless internet at home. Couldnt do without it!

Me too - laptop IS my computer - why go through that extra work? I do backup periodically to another computer so I don't lose files if something would happen to the laptop but that's it.

The backup is also great as a director - if one of my consultants needs to send their show from my computer they do it from the backup computer and that way MY files stay intact! (To send their show #1 you have to delete the show # 1 that is there (or re-number it...)

I personally use both. I prefer to only use my lap top for taking orders at shows. Then I just transfer the data to my PC to close shows and anything else that needs to be done. It's no trouble at all. :D

barbchan said:
I personally use both. I prefer to only use my lap top for taking orders at shows. Then I just transfer the data to my PC to close shows and anything else that needs to be done. It's no trouble at all. :D

Could you please explain how to do this? This is exactly the info I am looking for. Thanks!:)

barbchan said:

I would love to hear how you do this as well. I cannot use my company's laptop for all my business, but I would like to take it with me periodically to shows.

I use a laptop at my shows and LOVE IT!!

To back up from your laptop go to "Utilities" then select Back-up. Follow the prompts and you will have backed up your files in no time. I use a Thumb drive it shows up as e:

To restore the data to your office pc you need to go back under "Utilities" and select "Restore from Backup". Follow the prompts and everything should be there from your laptop. Just double check the info.

Good luck! You will love using your laptop at parties. It saves so much time after the show as far as paperwork goes.

I love using my laptop.

I was always making mistakes before but with the laptop you know right away what is what. I have stopped using PC receipts - write in or itemiized. I have made mine own, I print them before my show with the host name on it so it is more personable. There is a small part at the bottom of the receipt that I tear off and give them so that they know exactly how much they have paid and the check number if they paid my check. Then I tell them that they will receive a proper receipt when they receive their order along with a Thank you letter.

YES !! I LOVE MY LAPTOP

whiteyteresa said:
I love using my laptop.

I was always making mistakes before but with the laptop you know right away what is what. I have stopped using PC receipts - write in or itemiized. I have made mine own, I print them before my show with the host name on it so it is more personable. There is a small part at the bottom of the receipt that I tear off and give them so that they know exactly how much they have paid and the check number if they paid my check. Then I tell them that they will receive a proper receipt when they receive their order along with a Thank you letter.

YES !! I LOVE MY LAPTOP

Could you post this order form?

cmdtrgd said:
Could you post this order form?

I can e-mail it to you because it is an Excel file and it won't post here.

Thanks for asking

I use a USB travel drive to backup my info. and transfer from laptop to desktop. Very convenient!

1. How can I connect my laptop to the TV for a better presentation?

To connect your laptop to the TV, you will need an HDMI cable. Simply plug one end of the cable into your laptop's HDMI port and the other end into the TV's HDMI port. Make sure to switch the TV's input to the correct HDMI channel.

2. Can I use my laptop's webcam during the show?

Yes, you can use your laptop's webcam during the show. However, make sure to test it beforehand to ensure it is working properly. You can also use an external webcam for better quality.

3. How do I set up a slideshow on my laptop?

To set up a slideshow, you can use programs like PowerPoint or Google Slides. Create your presentation and save it on your laptop. During the show, open the presentation and use the arrow keys or click to navigate through the slides.

4. Can I use my laptop's touchpad during the show?

Yes, you can use your laptop's touchpad to navigate through your presentation. However, it may be easier to use a wireless mouse for better control and precision.

5. How do I ensure my laptop's battery lasts throughout the entire show?

To ensure your laptop's battery lasts, make sure to fully charge it before the show. You can also adjust your laptop's power settings to conserve battery life. It may also be helpful to have a backup charger or power bank on hand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • pcjulie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefAggi
  • kmschroll2001