• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using a Laptop at the Show

strasfamily

May 6, 2006
For those of you that use a laptop at your shows, how do you transfer the order information from the laptop to PP on your main computer? I have a thumb drive, I just don't know how I would get the info into PP. Thanks!

agw

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2005
The only place PP is installed is on my laptop. I take it to shows and use the jump drive to back it up before I leave for home. That way I'm always assured of a current back up in case something happens.

If you're going to switch over to a laptop, then install PP and do a restore from back up using the info on your jump/back up drive.

soonerchef

Veteran Member
Feb 17, 2006
I only use my laptop as well, that is where everything is and that is where I send my shows from, couldn't live without it!!

AlowayFamily

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2006
I have been wondering about the 2 computer situation myself. I have a company laptop and a personal computer. If I use my company laptop, and load PP on it, I can use my jump drive to transfer the data back to my personal PC? I would love to have a computer at my shows.

Cindycooks

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 4, 2005
I use my laptop for everything. We have wireless internet at home. Couldnt do without it!

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Me too - laptop IS my computer - why go through that extra work? I do backup periodically to another computer so I don't lose files if something would happen to the laptop but that's it.

The backup is also great as a director - if one of my consultants needs to send their show from my computer they do it from the backup computer and that way MY files stay intact! (To send their show #1 you have to delete the show # 1 that is there (or re-number it...)

barbchan

Mar 16, 2006
I personally use both. I prefer to only use my lap top for taking orders at shows. Then I just transfer the data to my PC to close shows and anything else that needs to be done. It's no trouble at all. :D

strasfamily

May 6, 2006
barbchan said:
I personally use both. I prefer to only use my lap top for taking orders at shows. Then I just transfer the data to my PC to close shows and anything else that needs to be done. It's no trouble at all. :D

Could you please explain how to do this? This is exactly the info I am looking for. Thanks!:)

AlowayFamily

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2006
barbchan said:

I would love to hear how you do this as well. I cannot use my company's laptop for all my business, but I would like to take it with me periodically to shows.

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
I use a laptop at my shows and LOVE IT!!

To back up from your laptop go to "Utilities" then select Back-up. Follow the prompts and you will have backed up your files in no time. I use a Thumb drive it shows up as e:

To restore the data to your office pc you need to go back under "Utilities" and select "Restore from Backup". Follow the prompts and everything should be there from your laptop. Just double check the info.

Good luck! You will love using your laptop at parties. It saves so much time after the show as far as paperwork goes.

whiteyteresa

Veteran Member
Feb 20, 2006
I love using my laptop.

I was always making mistakes before but with the laptop you know right away what is what. I have stopped using PC receipts - write in or itemiized. I have made mine own, I print them before my show with the host name on it so it is more personable. There is a small part at the bottom of the receipt that I tear off and give them so that they know exactly how much they have paid and the check number if they paid my check. Then I tell them that they will receive a proper receipt when they receive their order along with a Thank you letter.

YES !! I LOVE MY LAPTOP

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
whiteyteresa said:
I love using my laptop.

I was always making mistakes before but with the laptop you know right away what is what. I have stopped using PC receipts - write in or itemiized. I have made mine own, I print them before my show with the host name on it so it is more personable. There is a small part at the bottom of the receipt that I tear off and give them so that they know exactly how much they have paid and the check number if they paid my check. Then I tell them that they will receive a proper receipt when they receive their order along with a Thank you letter.

YES !! I LOVE MY LAPTOP

Could you post this order form?

Jayne

Gold Member
Feb 4, 2006
I use a USB travel drive to backup my info. and transfer from laptop to desktop. Very convenient!