• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some creative ways to use the new rubs?

In summary, Beth is describing how she prepares chicken using a greek marinade. She recommends using either olive
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Okay - just had to jump on a second - I'm in the middle of opening all of my new products

LOVE the Greek Rub, and had a great idea as soon as I smelled it - The Turkey Gyros in the 29 Minutes Cookbook? I'm going to add some of the Greek rub to the mixture!

The Moroccan didn't wow me like I was expecting it to.....but if I had the right recipes.....

And the Chipotle smells suspiciously like the SW Seasoning.....

So - lets brainstorm other ideas for the new rubs!

I put the chipotle on chicken breasts that I sauteed the other night. Served with Texas mashed potatoes (white cheddar and poblano peppers). mmm...I think the greek will make yummy dip mixed into plain yogurt, or as a spread mixed into yogurt cheese (plain yogurt, drained to remove the whey). Or mixed into purchased tzatziki sauce.

Morrocan rub would be good on steak, lamb or vegetables.

I am making the Lemon Greek Chicken out of the old stoneware bok tonight and am going to substitute the new greek for the other spices in the recipe.

I just used some left over salmon to make a quesadilla and I sprinkled the chipotle seasoning in with the cheese. It was great!

i made some delicious parmesan crusted porkchops using the greek rub for my husband on valentines day... mmmm were they good!

I'm planning to toss the Greek rub with a little oil and some cut-up potatoes and roast them in the oven (350F for about 20 minutes). I would have done that tonight, but I was afraid the flavor wouldn't go well with my Alice Springs Chicken. Tonight I just tossed the potatoes with a bit of Garlic-Infused Oil and sprinkled them with kosher salt. In case you're wondering, Alice Springs Chicken is honey-Dijon marinated boneless, skinless chicken breasts topped with bacon, sauted mushrooms, and cheese (popped in the oven until the cheese is all melty) and served with some reserved honey-Dijon sauce. It's a recipe they serve at Outback Steakhouse. It's one of The Furry Guy's favorites.

You can take the chipotle rub and mix it with sour cream and mayo and have a simple dip to show your guests how great they are and that they can make great dips and good on meat. Simple thing to do to take to shows. JUST REMEMBER TO REFRIGERATE THE DIP FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR BEFORE SERVING!!!

:love: I used the Morrocan Rub on lamb and chicken the other day - YUM! I especially loved the chicken with it. It's my new favorite seasoning.

BethCooks4U said:
:love: I used the Morrocan Rub on lamb and chicken the other day - YUM! I especially loved the chicken with it. It's my new favorite seasoning.

Hmm...made the Moroccan chicken, but my favorite seasoning by far is still the Jamaican Jerk...will have to try some more...

janetupnorth said:
Hmm...made the Moroccan chicken, but my favorite seasoning by far is still the Jamaican Jerk...will have to try some more...
ohhhh... that's my favorite too.

When I did the chicken I just rubbed some of the seasoning on it and sauted it in regular olive oil - didn't "use" a recipe.

Greek RubSo, I am not familiar with Greek Food. I just rubbed the Greek Rub on Chicken Breasts last night. They were good - but it wasn't as strong of a taste as what I expected. Should I have added something???:confused:

stefani2 said:
So, I am not familiar with Greek Food. I just rubbed the Greek Rub on Chicken Breasts last night. They were good - but it wasn't as strong of a taste as what I expected. Should I have added something???:confused:
The greek marinade that I usually use is lemon juice, oil, and a bunch of seasonings.....I am going to do the same lemon juice/oil combo, only add the greek rub in place of the seasoning.

ChefBeckyD said:
The greek marinade that I usually use is lemon juice, oil, and a bunch of seasonings.....I am going to do the same lemon juice/oil combo, only add the greek rub in place of the seasoning.
Do share (amounts)! :chef:

BethCooks4U said:
Do share (amounts)! :chef:

Um, yeah....amounts......:eek: I am not good about amounts, Beth!:eek:

For 6 chicken breasts, I take a couple lemons, use the citrus press to squeeze the juice into a ziploc bag, then I pour in some olive or canola oil - or my Favorite, Smart Balance Oil, which is a blend of olive, canola, and soy (probably between 1/4 - 1/2 cup)......and then add the spices, and 1-2 crushed garlic cloves. I throw in the chicken, and mix it all up together, and place it in the refrigerator for a couple hours (or more) or I throw it in the freezer for later use.

funnyOOOOHHHHH Yum! I gotta try it.

ChefBecky, You sound like me - 'uh, a glug of this, a squirt of that, and this looks like it is about 1/4 of a cup....' LOL

stefani2 said:
OOOOHHHHH Yum! I gotta try it.

ChefBecky, You sound like me - 'uh, a glug of this, a squirt of that, and this looks like it is about 1/4 of a cup....' LOL

That is exactly how I measure!:D :chef: I'm always saying I could probably sell more of the measuring tools, if I actually used them....but why get a cup or spoon dirty, when I can just eye-ball it?:chef: :chef:

ChefBeckyD said:
That is exactly how I measure!:D :chef: I'm always saying I could probably sell more of the measuring tools, if I actually used them....but why get a cup or spoon dirty, when I can just eye-ball it?:chef: :chef:
I sell the measuring tools for baking - it's more important to have accurate measurements for that - and to "new cooks" who need to train their eye-ball. :p

sarahsellcm said:
You can take the chipotle rub and mix it with sour cream and mayo and have a simple dip to show your guests how great they are and that they can make great dips and good on meat. Simple thing to do to take to shows. JUST REMEMBER TO REFRIGERATE THE DIP FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR BEFORE SERVING!!!

My Director did this with each of the new rubs at our meeting yesterday. She had 3 prep bowls with the dip (marked) and carrots for dipping. It was a great way to try them. I think I may do this at some shows this spring.

chefjeanine said:
My Director did this with each of the new rubs at our meeting yesterday. She had 3 prep bowls with the dip (marked) and carrots for dipping. It was a great way to try them. I think I may do this at some shows this spring.

So, I knew you could make a dip from the Chipotle rub, but the other two as well?? Made the same way? :confused:

How did they taste as a dip?:confused:

By the way, the chipotle dip is great with potato chips, too!!:chef:

Paula

Paula R. Lewis said:
So, I knew you could make a dip from the Chipotle rub, but the other two as well?? Made the same way? :confused:

How did they taste as a dip?:confused:

By the way, the chipotle dip is great with potato chips, too!!:chef:

Paula

Greek and Chipotle were good. I personally did not care for the Moroccan.

janetupnorth said:

The Jamaican Jerk Rub caused a bit of a stir at my last live show. Someone asked if we had a specific name for the Jamaican Jerk. She thought she might have dated him. That led to speculation of exactly what you were supposed to rub with it. :eek: It took a while to regain control. Thankfully, we were at the end of the catalog, so we were near the end of the show.

ChefBeckyD said:
Um, yeah....amounts......:eek: I am not good about amounts, Beth!:eek:

For 6 chicken breasts, I take a couple lemons, use the citrus press to squeeze the juice into a ziploc bag, then I pour in some olive or canola oil - or my Favorite, Smart Balance Oil, which is a blend of olive, canola, and soy (probably between 1/4 - 1/2 cup)......and then add the spices, and 1-2 crushed garlic cloves. I throw in the chicken, and mix it all up together, and place it in the refrigerator for a couple hours (or more) or I throw it in the freezer for later use.
Yes, you need to work on this. :) For those of us who are afraid it won't taste right, this is a problem. I like this chicken idea and will do the guessing thing, myself. I suppose, because I don't know what it is supposed to taste like, it won't hurt to guess on the amounts.
So, you freeze it all together, even the oil? I've been wanting more ideas for freezing.

The Moroccan is my FAVORITE!!!!
I made the One Pot Pasta and substituted the Moroccan Rub and it was FABULOUS. (I also used 8 oz. instead of 4 oz. of cream cheese) YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have a handout/summary that you would give to customers on the uses for all the rubs?
Thanks for contributing all your tips! I'm a brand-new consultant (just one show under my belt!), so I don't even have any of the rubs myself. I have a couple June shows booked already, so I think I might need to quickly order some of the rubs so that people will have some idea of what they are.
But if there was a customer-friendly product guide, that would be so helpful...If no one has anything, I'll have to make up one myself from all the tips that have been contributed on this site... thanks for all the great suggestions!Lorraine

I may have seen a spice recipes document in the files of CS....type in spice, it's near the end. If anyone has others, I'd appreciate your generosity in sharing!

Which dips would work best with veggies?

I was thinking the dill....but it sounds like a good way to test taste the other seasonings as well.

How do you recommend labeling the prep bowls? Ribbon and paper?

Is the greek rub good with veggies? Chipolte?

Thanks!

Andrea

If you are trying to reduce your salt intake the Greek Rub is a great substitute. I used it in the place of salt in the Creamy One Pot Pasta dish for a large group and they didn't know the difference. I did however add a pinch of salt to the pasta water while cooking.

Does anyone have a document with recipes about rubs? I had a lot of people earn them as their $60 special last night and I'd like to send them some ideas. Anyone?

jen5512 said:
Does anyone have a document with recipes about rubs? I had a lot of people earn them as their $60 special last night and I'd like to send them some ideas. Anyone?

This would be great to have. Please share with all of us. Thanks in advance.

1. How can I use the new rubs in my cooking?

The new rubs can be used in a variety of ways in your cooking. You can use them as a dry rub on meats, sprinkle them on vegetables before roasting, mix them into marinades or sauces, or even use them as a seasoning for homemade salad dressings.

2. What are some creative recipes that incorporate the new rubs?

The possibilities are endless when it comes to incorporating the new rubs into recipes. Some ideas include adding the Greek rub to gyro meat, using the Moroccan rub in a couscous dish, or using the Chipotle rub to season black bean tacos.

3. Can I use the new rubs as a substitute for other seasonings?

While the new rubs may have similar flavor profiles to other seasonings, they are unique blends and may not be direct substitutes. It's best to experiment and see which flavors work best for your taste preferences and recipes.

4. Are there any specific recipes included with the rubs?

The 29 Minutes Cookbook includes a recipe for Turkey Gyros using the Greek rub. However, don't be afraid to get creative and use the rubs in your own unique recipes.

5. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for using the new rubs?

Absolutely! The new rubs can be used to add flavor to roasted vegetables, tofu, or even in marinades for plant-based protein sources like tempeh or seitan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Products and Tips
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Tracy99
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet