• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some possible uses for a Salad Spinner?

In summary, there are many ways to use the salad spinner. It is great for washing and storing your delicates, for entertaining a child, and for keeping your salads clean.
DebbieJ said:
My son has commandeered my old spinner already. His use? To spin his matchbox cars! It's hilarious!

We went to visit a grandma friend last week and what did he take along? His salad spinner full of cars. :p Grandma Dee looked at us kind of funny for that one.

Too Funny!! I love it!!!

"OK --- for cheap entertainment value...

Put your cluster drawing slips/tickets in and spin for the winner -- it got a few laughs...

OR - how about bingo balls

Just a thought.... sounds kinda like TKG ?"

That is a great "spin" on it Gina.... I do have to admit though, it did sound like TKG!

Not sure if this has been said... turn the baskets upside down and use to cover your food (when dining outside).

I love the ideas of turning the colanders over to cover foods and to use as rogs for flowers! Great ideas!

So i know this post is old but I just wanted to add that I spin the grease out of my ground beef with my salad spinner! Works great!!

You can also use it to drain the water off your pasta noodles!

When you get back from your 2012 Spring Launch, you'll know ANOTHER awesome use for your salad spinner. (That's all I'm sayin'.) :D

How many cups does the spinner hold? I have a fruit salad recipe that Im thinking about putting in the bowl at an upcoming bridal shower. I dont have it yet, will likely just borrow from my Director until it's time for the next KE.

A few more uses for the salad spinner:
- I take canned beans (kidney, black, pinto, etc.), rinse with water, then spin before I add to any recipe. It reduces the sodium content.

- I take my cooked vegetables and gently spin before using them in my salad recipe or if you are making mock mashed potatoes (using cauliflower) I spin the cooked cauliflower before making the mocked mashed potatoes. I of course reserve the juices for my next soup recipe.

- After cooking (or crockpotting) spaghetti squash, I spin the squash and of course reserve the juices for my next soup recipe.

- Rinse salted raw potatoes. My Mom always insisted that the best homemade french fries were clean, sliced and salted. Supposedly the salt drew out the starch and after the fries sat for a while, you should rinse and dry. The salad spinner works well for rinsing and dries better than paper towels. :)

I hope this helps. Although this product has been around for years, it always helps when we all get together and recommend new recipes and ideas.

<h2>1. What are some possible uses for a Salad Spinner?</h2><p>A salad spinner can be used for washing and drying various types of produce, such as salad greens, fruits, potatoes, herbs, and vegetables. It can also be used to remove excess water from canned or thawed foods.</p><h2>2. Can a Salad Spinner be used for anything other than salads?</h2><p>Yes, a salad spinner can be used for a variety of purposes. Some people have found creative uses for it, such as drying delicate lingerie or hand-washed delicates, making homemade butter, and even separating egg yolks from whites.</p><h2>3. How does a Salad Spinner work?</h2><p>A Salad Spinner typically consists of a bowl, a colander, and a lid with a spinning mechanism. To use it, simply place the wet produce in the colander, cover with the lid, and spin the handle. The spinning motion will force the water out of the produce and into the bowl, leaving you with dry, clean produce.</p><h2>4. Is a Salad Spinner easy to clean?</h2><p>Yes, most Salad Spinners are dishwasher safe and can be easily disassembled for thorough cleaning. It is recommended to clean it after each use to prevent bacteria buildup.</p><h2>5. Are there any other ways to use a Salad Spinner that I may not have thought of?</h2><p>There are endless possibilities for using a Salad Spinner. Some people have used it to dry wet paintbrushes, remove excess water from freshly washed clothes, and even spin pizza dough. With a little creativity, the uses for a Salad Spinner are endless.</p>

1. What are some possible uses for a Salad Spinner?

A salad spinner can be used for washing and drying various types of produce, such as salad greens, fruits, potatoes, herbs, and vegetables. It can also be used to remove excess water from canned or thawed foods.

2. Can a Salad Spinner be used for anything other than salads?

Yes, a salad spinner can be used for a variety of purposes. Some people have found creative uses for it, such as drying delicate lingerie or hand-washed delicates, making homemade butter, and even separating egg yolks from whites.

3. How does a Salad Spinner work?

A Salad Spinner typically consists of a bowl, a colander, and a lid with a spinning mechanism. To use it, simply place the wet produce in the colander, cover with the lid, and spin the handle. The spinning motion will force the water out of the produce and into the bowl, leaving you with dry, clean produce.

4. Is a Salad Spinner easy to clean?

Yes, most Salad Spinners are dishwasher safe and can be easily disassembled for thorough cleaning. It is recommended to clean it after each use to prevent bacteria buildup.

5. Are there any other ways to use a Salad Spinner that I may not have thought of?

There are endless possibilities for using a Salad Spinner. Some people have used it to dry wet paintbrushes, remove excess water from freshly washed clothes, and even spin pizza dough. With a little creativity, the uses for a Salad Spinner are endless.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookinwithjen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Jolie_Paradoxe