• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Versatility of Salad Choppers for Easy Dinnertime Prep!

In summary, the author offers a summary of the conversation. She offers ideas on how to use the salad choppers, how they work better than other products, and how to chop fresh vegetables. She also recommends using the salad choppers to process onions.
teresah551393
I will be offering the dinnertime in no time set at my June shows. I saw several posts about people not liking them or wondering what to do with them so i decided to share what I have done with them. I had to buy them to show with the set so I have started using them at home to be able to talk about them. Here is what I have come up with so far:

Chopped the chicken breasts for the 10 min. bbq chicken sandwiches, worked really well!!!

Today I steamed spinach in the classic batter bowl in the microwave in 2 minutes and then chopped it in the bowl with the choppers, worked like a charm.

Brainstorm ideas: chop food for little kids like hot dogs, chicken, etc..... how easy, and of course, chop salad!!!!!!

What do some you ladies use them for?

Chopping Salsa!!!

Egg Salad and Strawberry Shortcake!

I have used the salad choppers to cut strips of chicken and beef...like fajita meat...into smaller pieces after I stir fried it. But, mostly I use it to cut my baby spinach into smaller pieces for my salad.

I know a consultant that told me that she has a friend who takes her salad choppers with her to restaurants like Olive Garden to cut the salad into smaller, bite sized pieces.

My husband told me that he would not take me out any more if I tried that!!

Shelly...that is funny. My mom has actually threatened to do this. She loves her salad choppers...I gave them to her as a gift. She has asked me to make a brochure about them to give to restaurants because she says their lettuce is too big...lol. She tells all her friends and neighbors. It hasn't brought me any sales, but she tells everyone. I don't think I would go as far as taking mine to restaurants...I just use my knife and cut the lettuce into smaller pieces...lol

I use them to make the Pineapple Salsa. :)

I use them for sun dried tomatoes- I haven't found anything that works better for them

cutting spaghetti for toddlers

I LOVE :love: my Salad Choppers (and I only ended up buying them because I had a customer order the wrong thing so I exchanged and kept these, now I love them). The main thing I use them for is cutting up cooked chicken for everything... salads, Jerk Chicken Nachos, stir fry, whatever you need it for.... also the salsa recipes... there is another site that sells similar (I'm sure not as good as ours) and they have several recipes to use them with, one is for a chicken salad (chicken, apples, celery, nuts... chop it all up add your dressing... yummo!)... here is the site
http://www.silvermk.com/recipes.cfm

I was thinking about getting them too because of the Dinnertime in no time $99 set. They might be easier than always getting the food chopper out.

My sister-in-law actually gave me the Silvermark Toss-N-Chop for Christmas several years ago before PC had the Salad Chopper. I used it once to make a chopped salad and then stuck it in a drawer - just didn't care for it.

OURS WORKS BETTER THAN THEIRS. So use their recipes if you want but our product beats theirs hands down.​

LeslieSGI said:
My sister-in-law actually gave me the Silvermark Toss-N-Chop for Christmas several years ago before PC had the Salad Chopper. I used it once to make a chopped salad and then stuck it in a drawer - just didn't care for it.

OURS WORKS BETTER THAN THEIRS. So use their recipes if you want but our product beats theirs hands down.​

Oh, I definitely just meant to look at the recipes, not the product! ;)

I like it so much. So far, I mostly use it to chop veggies for salad. It is more suitable for cutting fresh vegetables than meat. I definitely recommend using it to process onions. It's almost terrible, you will find it should be called onion chopper.

What are the benefits of using a salad chopper?

Using a salad chopper allows for quick and efficient chopping of vegetables and fruits for salads, saving you time and effort in the kitchen. It also helps to evenly distribute ingredients in your salad, resulting in a more balanced and flavorful dish.

Can a salad chopper be used for other purposes?

Yes, a salad chopper can be used for more than just chopping vegetables for salads. It can also be used to chop fresh herbs, nuts, and even cooked meats for dishes like stir-fries or tacos.

Is a salad chopper safe to use?

Yes, a salad chopper is safe to use as long as you follow the instructions and use caution when handling the sharp blades. Always make sure to clean and dry the blades thoroughly after each use to prevent any accidents.

How do I clean and maintain my salad chopper?

You can clean your salad chopper by handwashing it with warm, soapy water and drying it thoroughly. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or putting it in the dishwasher, as this can damage the blades. It is also important to oil the blades regularly to keep them sharp and in good condition.

Can a salad chopper be used for frozen ingredients?

No, a salad chopper is not suitable for chopping frozen ingredients as it may cause damage to the blades. It is designed to chop fresh produce and should not be used for anything else.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
patty42240
Replies
Views
loreo
Replies
Views
tabnat80