1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Uses for Salad Chopper

1. teresah551393

teresah551393 Member

I will be offering the dinnertime in no time set at my June shows. I saw several posts about people not liking them or wondering what to do with them so i decided to share what I have done with them. I had to buy them to show with the set so I have started using them at home to be able to talk about them. Here is what I have come up with so far:

Chopped the chicken breasts for the 10 min. bbq chicken sandwiches, worked really well!!!

Today I steamed spinach in the classic batter bowl in the microwave in 2 minutes and then chopped it in the bowl with the choppers, worked like a charm.

Brainstorm ideas: chop food for little kids like hot dogs, chicken, etc..... how easy, and of course, chop salad!!!!!!

What do some you ladies use them for?

May 29, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Chopping Salsa!!!

May 29, 2009
  3. catlwilles

catlwilles Member Gold Member

Egg Salad and Strawberry Shortcake!

May 29, 2009
  4. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

I have used the salad choppers to cut strips of chicken and beef...like fajita meat...into smaller pieces after I stir fried it. But, mostly I use it to cut my baby spinach into smaller pieces for my salad.

May 29, 2009
  5. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

I know a consultant that told me that she has a friend who takes her salad choppers with her to restaurants like Olive Garden to cut the salad into smaller, bite sized pieces.

My husband told me that he would not take me out any more if I tried that!!

May 30, 2009
  6. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

Shelly...that is funny. My mom has actually threatened to do this. She loves her salad choppers...I gave them to her as a gift. She has asked me to make a brochure about them to give to restaurants because she says their lettuce is too big...lol. She tells all her friends and neighbors. It hasn't brought me any sales, but she tells everyone. I don't think I would go as far as taking mine to restaurants...I just use my knife and cut the lettuce into smaller pieces...lol

May 30, 2009
  7. IAmChefJ

IAmChefJ Member

I use them to make the Pineapple Salsa. :)

May 31, 2009
  8. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

I use them for sun dried tomatoes- I haven't found anything that works better for them

9. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

cutting spaghetti for toddlers

Jun 1, 2009
  10. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I LOVE :love: my Salad Choppers (and I only ended up buying them because I had a customer order the wrong thing so I exchanged and kept these, now I love them). The main thing I use them for is cutting up cooked chicken for everything... salads, Jerk Chicken Nachos, stir fry, whatever you need it for.... also the salsa recipes... there is another site that sells similar (I'm sure not as good as ours) and they have several recipes to use them with, one is for a chicken salad (chicken, apples, celery, nuts... chop it all up add your dressing... yummo!)... here is the site
    Toss & Chop, salad utensils, salad chopper, salad scissors, kitchen utensils, kitchen gadgets

Jun 1, 2009
  11. emo812

emo812 Member

I was thinking about getting them too because of the Dinnertime in no time $99 set. They might be easier than always getting the food chopper out.

Jun 1, 2009
  12. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

My sister-in-law actually gave me the Silvermark Toss-N-Chop for Christmas several years ago before PC had the Salad Chopper. I used it once to make a chopped salad and then stuck it in a drawer - just didn't care for it.

OURS WORKS BETTER THAN THEIRS. So use their recipes if you want but our product beats theirs hands down. ​

Jun 1, 2009
  13. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Oh, I definitely just meant to look at the recipes, not the product! ;)

Jun 1, 2009
  14. I like it so much. So far, I mostly use it to chop veggies for salad. It is more suitable for cutting fresh vegetables than meat. I definitely recommend using it to process onions. It's almost terrible, you will find it should be called onion chopper.

May 14, 2020
Have something to add?