• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Creative Uses for Roasting Pans | Expert Tips & Recipes

In summary, the Roasting Pan can be used for a variety of things such as roasting meats, poultry, and fish, braising meats, poultry, and vegetables, baking large batches of lasagne, enchiladas, shepherd's pie, or cobbler, and using the pan as a water bath for baking custards or soufflés.
pamperedsue
Hello Everyone,
I recieved an email last year from a consultant (I forget who...) who had compiled lots of recipe ideas and uses for the Roasting Pan. It was a word document and was absolutely fabulous! I've lost it and one of my customers who purchased the Pan is looking for ideas! Could anyone please help me out? Thanks

Roasting Pan uses for year around cookingRoasting pans aren't just for roasting Turkeys. Use it to roast meats, poultry, and even fish - use it to braise meats, poultry, and vegetables - roast potatoes and other vegetables - bake big batches of lasagne, enchiladas, shepherd's pie, or cobbler - use the pan as a water bath for baking custards or soufflés. I loved making carmel popcorn and Chex mix in it.

chex mix bewareI made a batch of Chex mix in my roasting pan over the holidays, and I dont know if the cereal scratched the surface or what, but afterwards there were several light scratches in the non-stick coating. So...be careful. :confused:

pamperedsue said:
Hello Everyone,
I recieved an email last year from a consultant (I forget who...) who had compiled lots of recipe ideas and uses for the Roasting Pan. It was a word document and was absolutely fabulous! I've lost it and one of my customers who purchased the Pan is looking for ideas! Could anyone please help me out? Thanks

I know what you are talking about, I was in on that thread. If you type Roaster under search, you will find a thread called New Roasting Pan that has a lot of ideas. A little further down their is also a thread called Show ideas for roasting pan or something like that. Hope that helps.

Roasting pan with rack ideas
pamperedsue said:
Hello Everyone,

Go to PC's website and under downloads at the very bottom is a flier on additional uses for the roasting pan. If you cannot find it let me know and I will save the .pdf and e-mail you. :)

What is the best way to clean a roasting pan?

The best way to clean a roasting pan is to first let it cool completely before washing. Then, soak it in hot, soapy water for at least 30 minutes. Use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to scrub off any food particles. For tougher stains, mix baking soda and water to make a paste and let it sit on the stain for a few minutes before scrubbing. Rinse the pan thoroughly and dry with a clean towel.

Can a roasting pan be used for cooking other dishes besides roasting?

Yes, roasting pans can be used for a variety of dishes. They are great for baking casseroles, lasagna, and even desserts like brownies or bread pudding. You can also use them for steaming vegetables or cooking one-pan meals. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly.

How can I prevent food from sticking to a roasting pan?

To prevent food from sticking to a roasting pan, make sure to properly grease the pan before adding your ingredients. You can use cooking spray, butter, or oil to coat the pan. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for easier cleanup and to prevent sticking.

What is the best way to store a roasting pan?

The best way to store a roasting pan is to stack it inside another pan or pot to save space. You can also use a lid or aluminum foil to cover the pan and protect it from dust and dirt. Make sure to store it in a dry place to prevent rusting.

Can I use a roasting pan on the stovetop?

No, roasting pans are not meant to be used on the stovetop. They are designed for use in the oven. Using a roasting pan on the stovetop can cause damage to the pan and can also be a safety hazard. Stick to using the pan in the oven for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
2 3
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
fruit76loop