• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilled Doughnuts & Nutella-Filled Brioche: Delicious Panini Ideas

In summary, the best type of doughnut to use for grilled doughnuts is a plain glazed doughnut, and for the Nutella-filled brioche panini, any type of bread can be used as long as it is thick enough to hold the filling. To prevent the filling from melting on the grill, freeze the brioche beforehand. Nutella can also be substituted with other spreads like peanut butter or fruit preserves. To achieve perfect grill marks, preheat the grill and lightly grease the grates, and only flip the doughnuts and brioche once during grilling.
Chef Laurie
I don't have one of these, but I just came across some great ideas in a cookbook for a panini press. Well, I'm sure ours would work just as well. How about grilled doughnuts--the book says grilling sugar cake doughnuts develops an "irresistably crispy, caramelized crust." It also mentions chocolate croissants and angel food cake. Oh, and who could resist a grilled Nutella-filled brioche sandwich? This comes from Food and Wine, 2006 recipes.

I'm coming to your house if you're making the samples!I'll even bring the wine!

Your post made me go and check if I have the same pannini cookbook...then I saw you said it was from Food and Wine, 2006 Recipes. Darn. That grilled Nutella-filled brioche sandwich sounds good!

leggy

Oh yum!!! Care to post any of those recipes? Otherwise, we're all road-tripping to your house!

There weren't any recipes listed. I guess they just leave it to you to do what you want. So you all want to come over? Who's staying at the Sheraton for Wave 3? Do you think we could rig something up? Ha ha.

1. What is the best type of doughnut to use for grilled doughnuts?

The best type of doughnut to use for grilled doughnuts is a plain glazed doughnut. The glaze will caramelize and create a delicious crispy outer layer when grilled.

2. Can I use any type of bread for the Nutella-filled brioche panini?

While brioche is the recommended bread for this recipe, you can use any type of bread that you prefer. Just make sure it is thick enough to hold the Nutella filling without leaking.

3. How do I prevent the Nutella from melting and making a mess on the grill?

To prevent the Nutella from melting and making a mess on the grill, freeze the Nutella-filled brioche for about 10-15 minutes before grilling. This will help the filling stay intact while grilling.

4. Can I substitute Nutella with a different type of spread?

Yes, you can substitute Nutella with any type of spread you prefer. Some delicious alternatives include peanut butter, cookie butter, or fruit preserves.

5. How do I achieve the perfect grill marks on the doughnuts and brioche?

To achieve the perfect grill marks, make sure to preheat your grill to medium-high heat and lightly grease the grates with oil or cooking spray. Also, make sure to only flip the doughnuts and brioche once during grilling to prevent them from sticking to the grill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
iteachncook
Replies
Views
PamperedGinger
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies