• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Used cellphones?

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
What do you do with used cellphones? I got a new one today for my birthday, my previous one is 2 years old, my daughter is getting one after Christmas for her birthday replacing the one that she has now where all the little extras don't work. So we'll have 2 and I think there's another around here somewhere that DH used to have.

Is there anything useful I can do with these?

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
Federal regulation says that all cellphones must be able to dial 911 (assuming they are charged or plugged in of course) regardless if they have current cell service or not.

You can keep them as spares in the car in case of an emergency -or- you can donate them to a battered women's shelter. Usually you have to make your donation via your local police department. You can call the local one in your phone book, but they will NOT give you their physical address for mailing or drop off. They will only provide you with a PO Box address for security reasons. ;)

Monty060609

Sep 30, 2009
Verizon Wireless stores have drop boxes for battered women's shelters.

Just to be safe though, find the box IRL or online and do a master reset of your phone. It will return the phone to the original as bought condition, and erase all your information.

Lisa/ChefBear

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2005
I was going to say for battered women, but check with your local school or colleges, some of them collect and then turn over to something.......I know our high school does that, but since I don't have HS aged kids I've got no idea what they do with them.

Lisa

Jen1409

Sep 2, 2009
I sold mine to a company online, I can't remember the name of it

robochick84

Sep 3, 2009
There are also drop boxes in various stores that collect for deployed military personnel.

We have Tmobile, and all new cell phones come with a postage paid envelope to return your old phone to them for proper recycling also.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jacquelyn Scheel
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies
Views